Author Topic: Niels, 10 year old Belgian  (Read 26129 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Niels, 10 year old Belgian
« on: November 27, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »
A diabolo video of Niels, who is a 9 year old Belgian, was announced today in this thread on rec.juggling.

His skill level blows me a way. Does Ofek have a twin brother we don't know about? Who is this kid... and why isn't he on this forum? ;)

Edit: OK, so I figured out his website from the video link. You can find a link to his video from there to. He lists his favourite diabolo site as http://circusplanet.net . Arjan, Martijn: do you guys know Niels? I've added his site to the links sticky of the forum.

Sean

EDIT: Here are all the videos of Niels*.

+ http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/driediabolo150805.wmv / MPG version
 + http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/3diabsniels.wmv / MPG version
 + http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/3diaboloniels.wmv / MPG version
 - http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/diabolonielsfebr05.wmv / MPG version
 - http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/diabolobuitbin.wmv / MPG version
 - http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/nielsmixdiab.wmv / MPG version

*Please download them by these links, and not by the links on his website. I mirrored these videos with a reason! Thanks in advance.

Arjan

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 04:19:31 pm »
Yeah I heard via Martijn about this little fellow. It`s mind blowing... the little thin guy we call him  :P  I don`t know why he isn`t on the forum.
But let me check that video  :lol:

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 04:24:25 pm »
Yeah, I know him a bit... He's very young, and already into the diabolo-thing! That's awesome!  :D Daan Yperman (who posted that message on rec.juggling) is the webmaster of juggling on www.circusplanet (the site where I manage the diabolo-part). Niels likes the diabolo-part on Circusplanet (I'm honoured :P ) I saw the video and his website some time ago. I'll add it on my website!  8)
I will ask him if he speaks french or english... Maybe he'll visit the english or french forums if I ask him... (He's 9 year's old, lives in Belgium and speaks Dutch)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 04:27:48 pm »
The guy is amazing, progress very fast! Fan and some other 2 diabolo he is doing... respect! I hope he joins the forum, as the youngest member  :wink:

Martijn

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 04:51:01 pm »
:P At the moment, I am the youngest member :wink:

MattF

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 04:52:26 pm »
Bloody hell he's good...someone should break his arms before he can get any better  :D

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 05:29:43 pm »
Quote from: MattF
Bloody hell he's good...someone should break his arms before he can get any better

In the past I've opted for the less destructive option: break his sticks and tie his string in knots... but in this case: desperate measures may be needed. :D

Definitely talk to him, Martijn. If you're reading this, Niels, we'd love to have you on the forum! (I swear, despite the jealous threats, no one will break your arms, sticks, or string ;) )

Sean

seán_

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 05:46:22 pm »
He's really good,  In fact thats unreal for that age. I know theres a bit of a craze in schools in the uk for diabolos at the moment, I wonder if there are any more kids like Niels and  Ofek out there?

Arjan

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 05:46:40 pm »
What, you talking about breaking things???  :evil:  

O... you were kidding  :lol:

Arjan

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 05:50:18 pm »
I know diabolo was a rage here a few years ago. But I don`t know any kids more like Niels and Ofek.

diabololi

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 09:15:29 pm »
Diabolos were a rage? I'd never seen anyone diabolo, even the guys at the shop didn't know how to do it. I don't really know why I bought one! That kid is great! I wish I had started young  :(   Now what I can do seems so rubbish! Not gonna give up though!

Oli

seán_

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 09:25:38 pm »
Aye, well 't'is in t'north.

In fact I have been asked by somebody this week what diabolo I would sugest for an 8 year old girl (santas getting it so money no problem) I was thinking MB rubber king med, maybe the medium oddballs radiant or a medium harlequin but after seeing Niels maybe a 'normal' size would do, maybe a finesse for weight (and so the shop might get in some of the gen 2 ones).

Arjan

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2004, 10:14:50 pm »
indeed, the size don`t seem to matter. The sooner a kid gets along with a normal henrys or circus, possebly the better he or she ofcourse could get.

Arjan

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 02:15:50 pm »
Have a  look at the fifth picture in Neil's photo album (brussel5.jpg)

Wanted!!

Check out Dai, Diabolumberto and Fred being amazed by Niels`s fan  :D

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 02:45:12 pm »
From Niels his website (translated by me):
"Circus Piccolini and all pupils of our school in Pollinkhove organised a circus show in 2002. I started with the diabolo when I saw Dennis from the circus performing.

When I got a diabolo, I learned a few tricks pretty fast: tossing up, under the leg orbits, trapeze stalls... I was 7 years old and with some help of my dad I learned very much new tricks from the internet. I learned most basic tricks from www.diabolotricks.com . A year and a half later I went to the juggling convention in Ieper (Belgium). I saw many other diabolists. I followed some workshops, and learned a few combo's. I also noticed the possibilities with 2 diabolos. My new challenge! After 2 weeks of practising I learned to spin my 2 diabolos 2,5 minutes in the string."

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm just 14 and still at school :lol: :P )

Dai

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 03:22:08 pm »
Quote from: Arjan
Check out Dai, Diabolumberto and Fred being amazed by Niels`s fan  :D

I wasn't amazed at all because he's belgian :wink:
No, we were really impressed, especially because he showed us almost everything that's in the video in a row without (as far as I can remember...) dropping.

Dai

Arjan

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 03:28:37 pm »
LOL!

Ofcourse, because he`s Belgian  :wink:

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »
Quote from: Dai
I wasn't amazed at all because he's belgian :wink:

Haha! you crazy Belgians! ;) It must be something in the water! Great to see you on the forum, Dai!

Sean

zzzzzzzzzzzz

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 01:44:02 pm »
WOW!

Verry impressive!

A few days ago I received an e-mail from some guy who asked if his son could be authorized on our forum (diabolo-forum.tk).

This guy was 9 years old an called niels. this should be the same niels :)

i've got his e-mail adress so i'll invite him to this forum :)

Martijn

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 03:43:38 pm »
That's possible, cause I e-mailed him immediately after Sean's message.. I gave him 3 links: the Dutch forum, this forum and the French forum. I invited him to visit this forum :wink: I hope he will visit soon! :D