Author Topic: Combining the diabolo with balls  (Read 4241 times)

bok_sk

Combining the diabolo with balls
« on: September 16, 2005, 03:17:12 pm »
http://www.xgameinside.com/gal/5/0509162311_3792.JPG

http://www.xgameinside.com/gal/5/0509162311_5710.JPG

I tried that above.
That combination gave me a new feeling.

The ball is mini football (for kids).

Are there any other combinations of ball and diabolo which have ever tried?? I'm curious.

Bok from south KOrea.
Bok

Hoop

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 06:11:44 pm »
That looks pretty wild, how does it play?  I've tried using CDs and also tried putting smaller diabolos into the sides of my circuses, but I'm sure everyone does that.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:49:44 pm »
it looks like the, hmm, Yoho diabolo is it? the one where you can fold it up into a ball.

seems like you just shoved balls into the end of a diabolo...you should try to put an axle in between 2 balls, do away with cups completely!

bok_sk

playing is,,,
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 04:39:45 am »
Quote from: Hoop
That looks pretty wild, how does it play?  I've tried using CDs and also tried putting smaller diabolos into the sides of my circuses, but I'm sure everyone does that.

playing is the same as that of diabolo. but it's a bit heavy and looks funny.
Bok

bok_sk

Totally innovative idea !
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 04:43:34 am »
Quote from: Matt_
it looks like the, hmm, Yoho diabolo is it? the one where you can fold it up into a ball.

seems like you just shoved balls into the end of a diabolo...you should try to put an axle in between 2 balls, do away with cups completely!

the diabolo at the first photo is yoho.
the second one(my grinding) is Henry Circus.

completely removing... is an awesome idea.

Matt_ Have u ever tried that ?
Bok

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 04:59:40 am »
Lol, pretty cool. Must take longer to speed up, but must stay at speed for way longer. Dont forget about the diabolo to handstick weight ratio.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

jelen

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 12:53:42 pm »
I've also tred something like that with a herys jazz a scene balls of 100mm, the only problem is the balls come off after some spinning, but for a while it's nice!

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 05:48:51 pm »
Quote from: jelen
I've also tred something like that with a herys jazz a scene balls of 100mm, the only problem is the balls come off after some spinning, but for a while it's nice!

Me too, using small Flare diabolos and 100mm stage balls. They stay in for a bit, but then flop out when you get real speed going.

Also interesting with those diabolos and balls is a head stack trick:

1. Throw a diabolo and catch it on your head.
2. Throw a ball into the cup.
3. Throw another diabolo and catch it on the ball.
4. Throw another ball into the cup.
5. Fail to do the next bit.

I liked it anyway. All I need to do now is learn to kick the props onto my head from my foot. And then learn to do it on a unicycle. And then on a unicycle on top of a walking globe...
Luke

Matt_

• Donator
Re: Totally innovative idea !
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 07:27:58 pm »
Quote from: bok_sk
completely removing... is an awesome idea.

Matt_ Have u ever tried that ?

i havent. but i do have a lot of henry's metal hubs lying around (from when i switched over to teflon) and of course i could just take apart the ones i have already. i just have no idea how you'd connect a ball to the hubs..

Mithew

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 11:40:52 pm »
sry if i'm asking a stupid question, but is there any point in combining diabolo's and balls aside from it looking cool?
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 12:38:58 am »
you mean because it wont have better balance or be less wind resistance? pretty much, no.

just like everything else (should be) in juggling, it's just for fun ;) (and maybe money :P)

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 03:27:16 am »
What about spikes on the end? That'd been done before with yo-yos (called Terror Yos with simple spikes or Project 213 for an actual spintop tip on one side, sometimes with a bearing tip). That gives it two interesting properties..

The first is that if you turn it sideways like excalibur, you can lay it on the ground or on your hand like a spin-top and then retrieve it.

The other thing is that if the spike is long enough, you could lay the string on it (either in addition to the regular one or entirely maybe), in which case it'd turn like a one-sided diabolo does.

I'm sure someone must have fussed with this before, but maybe more interesting to explore now that excalibur is used more often, etc.

Shawn

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 02:36:46 pm »
Iv'e tried throwing marbles in the cups of my finesses. They're absolutely lethal when the come out.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Ruff

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 03:46:14 pm »
^ Thats why you use ping pong balls ;)