Author Topic: FDC2012 video competition  (Read 13268 times)

samuli

• VotW Contributor
FDC2012 video competition
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:19 am »
This information found from www.fdc2013.org

FDC2012 video competition
sponsored by Epic juggling props.

You are invited to create a “must see”, “must share”, viral video of FDC2012-festival,
from the raw FDC2012 footage filmed by Donald The Trekky,
 that we will share when you take part of the competition.

All video submissions should be max 5 min - min 3 min and posted on YouTube or JTV.
It should also include the attached FDC2012 intro, and and end credits should include:
www.fdc2013.org, FDC2012 video competition, Filming: Donald the trekky, Edit: (your name/ tag), Music: ?,
Other than that, let the creativity begin!

Judging will be based on the following criteria:
1. Creativity
2. Silliness
3. Number of views on YouTube/JTV (well, actually only this but I bet criteria 1 & 2 will help on this.)

The video should be on Youtube or JTV at 30.11 2012. Remember to tell us about this as well. After this the competition will end on 14.12.2012.

Winners will get Epic- juggling props as prizes.

Here's where you sign up and get the video footage for the competition: raulisamuli(at)gmail.com
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: FDC2012 video competition
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
where can you get the video clips from?

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:04:23 pm »
Here's where you sign up and get the video footage for the competition: raulisamuli(at)gmail.com

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:29:39 pm »
Sorry, I knew I was missing something! :P

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:39:45 pm »
Yea, no worries just email Samuli and he will hook you up with the torrent file. Looking forward for the videos!
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »
my torrent download speed is really slow, around 70kbps, so it will take my computer around a week of constant work to complete! Funnily enough at one time the expected download time was around 3 years O.o! Are you sure you couldn't post it on something like mediafire?

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
Torrent file is slow at the moment as I'm the only one having the master seed. Quite soon there's more seeds so it will be faster. If this doesn't start to work. We'll figure out something different.

Best regards,

Samuli

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 10:46:28 pm »
wow, now this is getting ridiculous, I left my computer on for the whole day and I downloaded a flimsy 22.5%, and if that isn't bad enough the It's going at 3kbps, I'm not angry at you but I really think that this should be fixed.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 09:27:59 am »
[out of the box reply] Seeding machine turned off for the weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »
Also my seed is down for a bit due to this juggling festival. Even getting the all raw files from dedicated servers took more than a day, I'm positive that torrent will be faster once there are more people seeding.

On a side note even if we were to put everything on mediafire now (or anywhere), it would take more than a day to upload and then again more time to download again. Also you would have to get your 22,5% again. You'll get this way faster by torrent. So relax and make some music and practice diabolo. Our seeds will be up again on sunday evening, hopefully meantime others will seed as well.  It's not that serious, you're probably one of the first people to download and it's a very big file.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:25:06 pm »
what about FTP files? Apparently they are quicker to download*

*with the correct program of course.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 10:21:10 am »
You realize that for us change anything now will just slow you down more?

My connection is 10/1meg. I can upload at full speed around 100kb/s. It took me 1,5 days to get the files from ftp. FTP server we have is limited to how much traffic we can cause. We would have to use different server. So to put it to FTP would take way more time than it took us to download the files (due to our connection having faster download speeds than upload). So if it took 1,5days to download it probably is 2-4days to upload... Not even talking yet about you downloading it from FTP. That would add more time.

So now why I'm saying that torrent is faster is because now instead of one uploader we both upload + peers upload. If we both up you the files, you will get twice as fast upload compared to what we would have for FTP. With torrent we basically just skip the bit where we upload to FTP we just get the files to you instead.

If the files were in the FTP server where traffic would not be limited. just pure download would be faster because of faster Internet connection. But this is not the case here since:
1. We don't have FTP without limited traffic.
2. Even if we had we would have to upload the files there.
3. Making one server to home is useless since we would be still limited to upload speeds.

I'm not angry at you either but I'm saying that we went through lot of options here. Torrent is your fastest way and you'll get better speeds tomorrow evening once we are back with seeding. Also more people use it faster it will get.

Sorry about us being on juggling festival right now. That's what's slowing you down the most.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 05:22:25 pm »
Whoa, what a festival. Back to home and seeding like normal. Samuli is still on his way driving back home. He will put his computers up in an hour or two. ;)

I'm thinking about making a video as well. Wonder what kind of music I should use?

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 06:02:11 pm »
Seeding continues.

diego

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:51 pm »
Can we upload in youtube and jtv or we must only upload in one of there?

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05:32 am »
For competition, we only count hits on one site. So you can upload video on as many sites you wish but we only count JTV or yourube hits. Please inform us which you prefer.

Anyway I suggest you to use JTV as then videos are availible all around globe with no need to use proxys.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »
Yeah, sometimes youtube videos get blocked in some countries for the music they have. Juggling.tv doesn't have that thing yet so it's little bit better that way. But there are pros and cons with everything. I'm looking forward for the first videos.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 04:25:06 pm »
Now it looks that we have 3 full seeds going on, so I think now is good time to participate as the files are seeded properly so you'll get the crop much faster.

Remember to be fast and precise, always.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41:38 am »
I've finally managed to download the files and I'm in the editing process, however I wanted to ask if the video can be more than 5 mins long? Donald always has convention videos that are around 6-10 mins long.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 02:07:25 pm »
Competition rules say that all video submissions should be maximum 5 minutes and minimum 3 minutes in duration.

Off course you can make video as long as you wish but you will be disqualified from the competition then.