Author Topic: Dedicated  (Read 2137 times)

visjes112

Dedicated
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:40:40 pm »

Icebox

Re: Dedicated
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »
I liked the music a lot, and the slomo looked really good. The only thing is that everything looked kind of washed out, like you had a filter over the lens. The video could have been a lot better if the colors were brighter and more vivid; I can tell that you tried to do that by filming in the nice locations, but it didn't seem to come out real well.

The tricks were good as well, everything was very smooth and looked well practiced.

Solid work overall, I'm waiting for the next one :)

visjes112

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
I liked the music a lot, and the slomo looked really good. The only thing is that everything looked kind of washed out, like you had a filter over the lens. The video could have been a lot better if the colors were brighter and more vivid; I can tell that you tried to do that by filming in the nice locations, but it didn't seem to come out real well.

The tricks were good as well, everything was very smooth and looked well practiced.

Solid work overall, I'm waiting for the next one :)

thanks, this is just the quality of my camera, it's 1080 p, but I filmed in 720 p. Maybe it will look better with color correction things but I've never tried that :).

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:49:19 pm »
[old fart ramble]
I remember a few years ago when people would make fun of your videos. Now they have nothing but praise (though some still nitpick). Its a really nice thing to see.
The fact that you had so many videos also means we have a distinct record of your progress. You pull off cool 3d stuff today (I can't even do most of that stuff on my best days), when a few years ago you were struggling to get the damn things moving properly.
Your progress is probably the best thing this forum has seen in a long time. Sure, we've had other people progress from barely skilled to way-too-good. But many of those people didn't have to go through ridicule to do it.
And now here you are, winning national competitions.
[/old fart ramble]

Video was good too.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:11:34 am »
Following Duncan's thoughts. 

I have really enjoyed following this open learning process.

And I think that all this open learning process with all the diabolo.ca comments etc. makes the tittle 'Dedicated' even better. ;)
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

visjes112

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »
Thanks ! I hope to make more and better videos in the future, with even more progress  ;)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »
I couldn't agree more with Duncan.  I'm so happy that you still keep on going. I know that there were some people who gave some disrespect for the videos that you posted back then. Now look at those guys. Some of them don't even play anymore, others have learned a fraction of stuff you do now. It must have taken lot of dedication to just keep playing. All this makes me respect you even more.  Keep up the good work!
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

Wis

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »
I certainly agree with the criticism towards the manners of the comments that were given in the beginning. But I wouldn't like that the conclusion now is that every thing was cruel aimless feedback. I also think that very constructive feedback happened and that you (I mean Vivian) made very good use of it. I would love that it is encouraged to give feedback, and to give it in a constructive way. And I am, but no means, denying that there was a lot of nonconstructive feedback.

So following this reasoning, I have to admit to be jealous as hell because no matter how I try, I can't pull much 3d tricks (I can do sun xD). But I would still be glad to see more creative stuff coming from you. I am sure you can create more than you do now.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"