Author Topic: How do you approach a toss when there are many spotlights shining at you?  (Read 2594 times)

5p3ak

As per title...wanna know whats your approach when they are many spotlights shining at you when you perform on stage.

Especially when you need to do high toss,2D high/3D high.

Tips will are highly appreciated, thanks.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

wgm

Re: How do you approach a toss when there are many spotlights shining at you?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:44:54 am »
If you can, ask the techs if they will light you from behind as well, or the sides, so that the diabolo doesn't become invisible when it goes in front of a light. At smirkus we had them point some of the lights up to light up the bottom of the diabolo which helped alot as well

5p3ak

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:33:46 am »
If you can, ask the techs if they will light you from behind as well, or the sides, so that the diabolo doesn't become invisible when it goes in front of a light. At smirkus we had them point some of the lights up to light up the bottom of the diabolo which helped alot as well

I see. So basically there is the need for more general lights as opposed to specific lighting?

Yeah I it goes invisible especially if I'm using the transparent type...(hence I dislike transparent types of diabolo)

Pop up...and it's gone  :o

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:38:36 am »
I have had far more problems with string visibility and low lights that come from floor up to eyes.  Great thing with stage lights is that you can look at light. Maybe you won't see but it's not painful. Sometimes performing outside the sky is too bright to be able to constantly look up and your eyes just hurt loads. Or if sun is background with full blaze on it is very difficult to do throws.

On stage I kinda trust my skills to make good and accurate throws.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

wgm

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »
I see. So basically there is the need for more general lights as opposed to specific lighting?

Yeah, just make sure you are hit from multiple angles if possible

5p3ak

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 02:46:14 am »
I have had far more problems with string visibility and low lights that come from floor up to eyes.  Great thing with stage lights is that you can look at light. Maybe you won't see but it's not painful. Sometimes performing outside the sky is too bright to be able to constantly look up and your eyes just hurt loads. Or if sun is background with full blaze on it is very difficult to do throws.

On stage I kinda trust my skills to make good and accurate throws.

Hmm true... especially in my country...Malaysia it's always HOT hahah

Yeah, just make sure you are hit from multiple angles if possible

Ok thanks for the tips.