Author Topic: Diabolo Lights-Interchangable LED's?  (Read 4171 times)

QUOTH

Diabolo Lights-Interchangable LED's?
« on: May 03, 2006, 03:46:21 pm »
I use circus's and have seen the kits for them. Im wondering if its at all feasable to remove the LED's and replace them with different ones?

Or has anyone made there own light kits, for diabolo's or hand sticks?

Thanks in advance :)
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 05:35:20 pm »
Okie dokie, fortunately for you, I'm feeling in a more than helpful mood:

Interchanging the LED's on your VEGA lights isn't something I'd suggest, especially as they cost so much!  You wouldn't want to get it wrong and accidentally unsolder a connection you didn't mean to.  I suppose it is feasible if you could find the right size and wattage as the existing ones, but I've no idea what they are.  Maplin or RS Components will probably have something you can use.

As for homemade light kits, there are many who have tried and succeeded;

In the equipment sticky: Homemade Light Kits (for circus)

And then there's: Illuminated Handsticks by Olobaid and TyeTye

Also if you can't afford Vega kits, there's these little beauties: Adaptors for MB Lightkits to Henrys Diabolos and more courtesy of Firetoys.

I tried to make my own using already assembled LEDs and battery units and bolted them into jam jar lids which I tried to screw onto my Finesses, didn't work very well needless to say.

That should answer all of your questions I think.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

QUOTH

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 06:18:37 pm »
wow, fantastic. thankyou. that'll give me alot of reading and things to think about.
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Agehmor

Re: Diabolo Lights-Interchangable LED's?
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:54:07 am »
Okie dokie, fortunately for you, I'm feeling in a more than helpful mood:

Interchanging the LED's on your VEGA lights isn't something I'd suggest, especially as they cost so much!  You wouldn't want to get it wrong and accidentally unsolder a connection you didn't mean to.  I suppose it is feasible if you could find the right size and wattage as the existing ones, but I've no idea what they are.  Maplin or RS Components will probably have something you can use.

As for homemade light kits, there are many who have tried and led lighting succeeded;

In the equipment sticky: Homemade Light Kits (for circus)

And then there's: Illuminated Handsticks by Olobaid and TyeTye

Also if you can't afford Vega kits, there's these little beauties: Adaptors for MB Lightkits to Henrys Diabolos and more courtesy of Firetoys.

I tried to make my own using already assembled LEDs and battery units and bolted them into jam jar lids which I tried to screw onto my Finesses, didn't work very well needless to say.

That should answer all of your questions I think.

Chiok

Exciting changes. Do you have some pics or videos of your led lights?

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo Lights-Interchangable LED's?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:48 am »
Oh my GOD! This thread is over 6 (I can say 7 since its 2013 :P) years old! Most of the things here I have never heard or have been deleted. It makes me want to ROFLMAO  :-D