Author Topic: Diabig / Yoho Jumbo  (Read 44275 times)

nev

• Donator
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 10:55:07 pm »
I got some diagigs for my birthday earlier this month - dont know where they are from in Japan both I know they were imported from there from the packaging.  Mine seem to stay pretty straight & I'm liking them a lot, havent tried any austrailain ones so cant compare.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

seán_

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 11:37:18 pm »
I what waay unbalanced Sean? how does it behave if you just get one up to speed beginner style?

I used some Aussie ones a year ago and some diabigs more recently.
My style has changed over that time and I use a lot more wraps and hovering these days but I noticed I had to correct the diabigs a lot. I put this down to the size/shape of the axle and me using a lot more wrapped moves.

I just had a look at some Japanese videos including the Makky fedco2 one and there are a lot of corections going on, not all due to tricks going west either.

Valium

• Donator
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2006, 12:13:23 am »
the hubs of the diabigs are a lot closer to each other compared to a finesse or circus, propably a reason why more corrections are needed

Matt_

• Donator
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 05:48:43 am »
also dont the diabigs/jumbos not have that groove in the axle?

Sean

• Administrator
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 04:25:38 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
also dont the diabigs/jumbos not have that groove in the axle?

The ball bearing versions are missing a groove. The jumbos do have a groove.

Matt_

• Donator
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2006, 02:48:06 am »
ok, thanks for the clarification, i was under the impression that none of them had grooves..

Sean

• Administrator
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2006, 06:55:39 am »
Quote from: seán_
I what waay unbalanced Sean? how does it behave if you just get one up to speed beginner style?

The imbalances aren't too noticeable speeding a single diabolo up beginner style, especially now that I've added corrective metal washers.

It's mostly noticeable when shuffling. So, if I just stand there with a 2 or 3 diabolo shuffle going with all diabolos fast, at the same speed, and perfectly aligned (at first), within about 30 seconds all the diabolos are tilted different ways and pointing different directions. This doesn't happen with circuses or finesses.

Ryo has always seemed like an incredibly discerning fellow when it comes to gear and I don't doubt that many other Japanese diaboloists are too. I couldn't imagine him putting up with that. Maybe I've just got a bad batch... but I've seen others with the same Yoho problems.

Aside from these imbalance issues I also notice a difference in stability from other diabolos. Perhaps we should start talking about primary and secondary stability with diabolos like we do with canoes and kayaks. I guess I would say that yohos have a lot of secondary stability but not much primary stability. Finesses seem to be the opposite, and Henrys have a nice balance of both. So, it takes very little to throw a Yoho jumbo off from perfect alignment, but they're easy to correct and recover from terrible alignment positions. Finesses are easy to keep perfectly straight, but once they're gone they can be more difficult to recover.

IMO this makes finesses better suited to one diabolo work and Yohos best suited to multiple diabolo work (if they're balanced)

... and Henrys good at everything. :)

Martijn

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2006, 10:28:04 am »
Quote from: Sean
... and Henrys good at everything. :)

And that's why I'm sticking to Henry's :wink: Thanks for the post Sean, that really cleared some things up.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Scooby

Yoho -P3wP3w L4z3rr B33mz!
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2006, 08:44:40 am »
i have found that my Yoho Jumbo diabolos   do also turn when doing 1.

it is impossible to gett a good infinite suiced going because you kind walk around in a circle becuase of the diabolo tilting .  (and this is not Just me, it is everyone else in australia)

i think it is safe to say that, if yoho sold the mold to a japanese company, the japanese model would be better  (because the japanese are very very good at what they do and take pride in there work, whereas im pretty shure Yoho in australia just kindof pour it into a mould and thats about it)

if anyone knows about guitars, this it the same thing that happend to Fender, they sold the make  "squire Fender" to a japanese company and the 400$ japanese squires were coming out better than the 2000$ american fenders  :lol:

maybe the Diabigs are made better.  i know that a white yoho was never invented untill the mould was sold (hah rythmes :lol: ) to Diabig

i think i may have to buy a diabig and test this out.

(in other news, i Found new My Henrys yellow spool today at skool, i was so worried :P )
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

mango

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2006, 04:04:02 am »
i looked in the picture in naranja carefully and i saw word "Diabig"

Scooby

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2006, 04:27:58 am »
In the australian yoho cups it says

Hyper Diabolo
Diabig
Yoho made in australia

??

Martijn

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2006, 07:27:01 am »
Yah the only difference in apearance is that the YoHos have YoHo made in Australia written on the washer.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2006, 08:52:13 am »
Quote from: Martijn
Yah the only difference in apearance is that the YoHos have YoHo made in Australia written on the washer.

I beg to differ. The cups of my yoho are differrent to that of my Bandais. The material of the Bandai's are slightly more slippery and plasticy. I did a quick experiment and found that my badais stay in line more when suffleing two.
Behind your back is your front.

Adam

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2006, 08:11:13 am »
all i have to say on this topic is that yoho are evil! they turn and when you buy them brand new the edges are raserblade sharp! i have many scares on my hands and a few on my face form a stray yoho hitting me! but i have to say i am a yoho user and they are great for younger children and learners but if you are serious about your diabolo i wouldn't use one! P.S i only use yohos until i save enough money to buy a circus  :wink:
diabolo is my religion!

Scooby

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 09:43:25 am »
the lesson adam learns today is.....

Less Beer, More Diabolos.

mango

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2006, 01:07:07 am »
this is what i found and translated from www.diarhythm.com about the difference of the jumbo and the diabig

(jumbo)/-> the photograph mail order. However, there is a delicate difference in the Bandai product and the yaw hoe product. Standard there is no cavity in the part of the accelerator, the gap of the accelerator has become narrow. There is the cavity in the accelerator of jumbo, but the gap is narrow, weight some considerably in comparison with big, but it seems the light way. You think that with my private taste the Bandai product is easier to handle. Simply, if as for the yaw hoe product the color being abundant, the combination where color of the cup and color of the sourcer are different to be many there is a color of the taste, you think that it is possible to purchase. In addition, the mountain of the nut which connects the part in the Bandai product is to be shaved, but because the yaw hoe has become that way, it is possible to disassemble.

Adam

the lesson adam learns today is.....
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2006, 03:03:36 pm »
i wouldn't know because im not old enough to drink!!! so i don't know what your talking about 'cough cough'! but any info on making my yohos better is greatly aprciated thanks for that!  :wink:
diabolo is my religion!

mango

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2006, 02:06:12 am »
i found this site when searching "hyper diabolo" on google

http://www-user.interq.or.jp/tnc98/yjd/diabolo/index.html

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2006, 08:45:24 am »
Quote from: Scooby
ok guys, yoho got back to me.

Hi Scooby,

Thanks for the email. One of the great and often unrealized advantages
of moving production to China is the access to new materials and
processes that allow affordable innovation.

Our new hand sticks (for the standard model at this stage) use
fiberglass rods. A bit of extra flex and a nice feel soft foam grip
handle. Great for grinds but otherwise its just a hand stick.

Re light diabolo: Yes we are asked all the time lately. We have many
projects in the pipeline and this one is up for manufacture later next
year. We have a new product out early next year that is an absolute
killer. Just so cool.

Stay tuned............

David Szumer
YOHO! Enterprises

YAY!!! CHINESE MATERIAL!!
it looks like getting everyone to ask for Lightkits for the diabolos finnally worked!!

Yoho is in!

hey Scooby
can you tell me a bit more about David Szumer?
i'm starting a buisness, selling juggling equipment at markets, i"ve contacted yoho in brisbane about getting some diabolos and got a reply from a guy called Tony Baird. Do you know of him?
does david work with diabig in China?
any information would be appreciated/
thanks Josh
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

mango

Diabig / Yoho Jumbo
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2006, 07:52:33 am »
SpinGear Japan has diabigs priced in 3200 yen, about US $32(am i right?)