Author Topic: Nico Pires - Hong Kong Insomnia - Night session  (Read 5210 times)

Nico

• Donator
Nico Pires - Hong Kong Insomnia - Night session
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:35:23 pm »
Hi everyone!

I couldn't sleep the other night so went out for a night session instead and decided to shoot a little video here in Hong Kong.

Don't expect any 4 low or crazy integrals, I am more trying to focus on body expression and interaction with the environment.

I hope you will enjoy some of the ideas :). Please watch in HD!

Cheers!

Nico

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Nico Pires - Hong Kong Insomnia - Night session
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 01:03:05 pm »
Like I said on Facebook and YouTube, I love it <3 the ideas are just amazing and the filming is professional too! I love all the ways that you bounce the diabolos from your body and all the vertex grinds! It just makes me wish for the planet diabolo project to be out more and more!

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »
Very nice. Good body movement - something I miss a lot in the diabolo world..

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 02:18:33 pm »
I enjoyed the stick grind to whip catches.

Nicely done and well made.

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:42:32 pm »
Very nice. Good body movement - something I miss a lot in the diabolo world..

I agree on all that except the good. And I dont mean to say Nico is bad at moving, I dont mean to start that.
But I think good just not describes well enough anything about the actual movements. It does not give any real
constructive contribution towards others that might otherwise benefit from your opinions. 

I would say: Very nice. Body movement! something I miss blah blah...

Hippedy hoppedy stylz there Nico, keep on dancin!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:08:12 pm »
Nice work, both on the video and the diabolo part of it. Some really cool excalibur moves in there, the whipcatches in particular!

spryoyabe

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »
I love this! Your vertax tricks in this video were awesome. Great job  :-D

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:12 pm »
Thanks guys!

I agree on all that except the good. And I dont mean to say Nico is bad at moving, I dont mean to start that.
But I think good just not describes well enough anything about the actual movements. It does not give any real
constructive contribution towards others that might otherwise benefit from your opinions. 

No offense taken at all Arjan :). I do actually know that my movement is still messy and not really enhancing the diabolo part itself. I think I actually need to take some proper dance lessons/advices if I wanna seriously keep on that direction.

Cheers!

SebiHausi

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 12:00:43 am »
really cool video, nice music, fimling and editing.
i personally really like your style, it is very unique ;). and it is good to see that there are still some people who do different things than integrals and extremely hard body combos, this reminds me of the old days :D. Those tricks are really cool and creative!
the more videos i see from the people who are involved in the planet diabolo project the less i can wait for it :).

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:18:28 pm »
The little knee kick up bump thingy  :-* :-*
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

dimensions

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 04:49:11 pm »
I find it funny at the end when it says
"Nico is part of the planet diabolo project"
You ARE the planet diabolo project
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »

Well, there's more than 100 diabolists in this so it's not just about me AT ALL :)!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

Incorrect.

The planet diabolo project is made up of dozens of contributors who have worked hard to produce what will eventually emerge as the final DVD.

Nico helped spearhead the project and has contributed a significant amount of his time to making it a reality. However he is, in the end, still a part of the group that made it all happen. A key part, but still a part. The diaboloists are also a key part, as well as the other project leaders.

Thus, the statement "Nico is a part" is correct.

/pedant moment.

Edit: made up of over one hundred contributors.

dimensions

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 05:30:09 pm »
Duncan
By nico is the planet diabolo project I ment that he had the original idea and published the idea to everyone
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »
What you say you meant is not inherent in what you previously wrote. Further, it still doesn't acknowledge the work by hundreds of other people to make this project a reality. Without them, the project is still just an idea by one person.

Also, if I recall correctly, many people mumbled about a Diabology 2 or similar project years ago. Nico picked up on the idea and got some help from several of us to work out how best to proceed with the concept.

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 12:59:35 am »
Without them, the project is still just an idea by one person.

Also, if I recall correctly, many people mumbled about a Diabology 2 or similar project years ago. Nico picked up on the idea and got some help from several of us to work out how best to proceed with the concept.

Yes, Duncan's right, that's how it started.

von_Ungern_Sternberg

• Planet Diabolo Project
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:52 am »
Very good video Nico. It was a real pleasure to watch. Looking forward to see all does trick live in Toulouse!

5p3ak

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:19 am »
Wow! Awesome vertax tricks! really liked it. :)

BTW I checked out the Planet Diabolo website and I would like to enquirer...where and how could I get my hands on the DVDs when they are available? (It said 2013)

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

dakarv

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 09:27:53 am »

So wait we're allowed to say that there is body movement just not that it's good or anything?

Your statement was the same as his except rather than saying an opinion about the body movement it's now a nonsensical statement

I understand about giving constructive criticism but a lot of people just say great video etc, at least he said what he thought about a certain element and your revision had even less feedback

Lol trying to find of a different word but oh well. I think the body movement is good, as you said could use some work but only certain things, a lot of vertax stuff looks really cool, the spins etc are spot on. Some of the leg movements with 1d norm are a bit dubious though :)

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 10:02:01 am »
BTW I checked out the Planet Diabolo website and I would like to enquirer...where and how could I get my hands on the DVDs when they are available? (It said 2013)

All locations to get the DVDs will be on our website around september/october, but no worries you'll know about it :).

Some of the leg movements with 1d norm are a bit dubious though 

Haha I know, this one is definitely not relevant diabolowise.