Author Topic: Nico Pires - Hong Kong Insomnia - Night session  (Read 5207 times)

Arjan

Re: Nico Pires - Hong Kong Insomnia - Night session
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:30 pm »
So wait we're allowed to say that there is body movement just not that it's good or anything?

Your statement was the same as his except rather than saying an opinion about the body movement it's now a nonsensical statement

I understand about giving constructive criticism but a lot of people just say great video etc, at least he said what he thought about a certain element and your revision had even less feedback

Lol trying to find of a different word but oh well. I think the body movement is good, as you said could use some work but only certain things, a lot of vertax stuff looks really cool, the spins etc are spot on. Some of the leg movements with 1d norm are a bit dubious though :)

Sometimes I do miss a certain constructive feedback with the comments yes. And yes, what I had to bring wasn't much of use either.
But were are talking about this, so I guess it did make sense right?

Wis

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:37 pm »
To be honest the video is better than what I expected. My hightlights:
- knee bounce
- roof to ground bounce
- 2:29
- 2:35!!!
- 3:00 is probably lucky, but great
- The text font is really cool :)
Let's try to give some constructive feedback:
- The 3d high pirouette is pretty messy. I believe if you grouped the arms while turning it would be better. Although I feel you did it like that because of lack of space
- About the body positions. I believe that the positions when you flex your legs and both the knees point in a kind of 90 degree angle look not very nice. Examples at 0:48, or 1:12 (although the body tilt backwards at 1:13 looks very nice)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 07:06:38 am »
Let's try to give some constructive feedback:
- The 3d high pirouette is pretty messy. I believe if you grouped the arms while turning it would be better. Although I feel you did it like that because of lack of space
- About the body positions. I believe that the positions when you flex your legs and both the knees point in a kind of 90 degree angle look not very nice. Examples at 0:48, or 1:12 (although the body tilt backwards at 1:13 looks very nice)

Thanks Wis for the feedback.
Yep that pirouette was pretty messy, I still don't have a clean one every time and those taibolos I was using in the vid were pretty unbalanced so gave me some trouble.
As for body stuff, yeah as said before still some work to be done :).

5p3ak

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 09:01:17 am »
All locations to get the DVDs will be on our website around september/october, but no worries you'll know about it :).

October's my Birthday...what a coincidence. Well played.

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai