Author Topic: VotW Youtube Partnership?  (Read 4257 times)

-Eric-

• Donator
VotW Youtube Partnership?
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:03:02 am »
I was wading through the dcavotw youtube page the other day and noticed that most of the videos have at least couple thousand views, and there are 1,200 subscribers. I was wondering if possibly somebody could apply for a partnership so that diabolo.ca gets paid for video views. This might help Sean a little with maintaining the forum :)

I don't know much about youtube partnerships and don't know if the channel would get accepted, but this is just an idea I had.

P.S. I know Lucas Abduch has a partnership, maybe he knows a bit more

spryoyabe

Re: VotW Youtube Partnership?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 05:46:45 am »
I spoke with Sean about this a couple of months ago and I did set up the partnership with the same intentions that you have already stated. But it became pretty apparent quickly that without uploading videos on a very frequent basis, the money we would be receiving was not even worth the hassle.

dimensions

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:12:59 pm »
I thought you had to have over 10,000 subs
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

maxmaestro

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »
what if we actually got video of the week going this year?

Mediaboy13

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 01:21:46 am »
I have a partnership (not a big one, just rather small). Although when you're not getting millions of views like the top 10 most subscribed and viewed channels it is often call monetization.

Although there are partnership guidelines including:
-Uploading weekly videos.
-These videos getting at least  couple of hundread views.
-People clicking on ads (this is what it's mainly about, not view, likes, or subs. These thing contribute but ad's will make most of your earnings if your video are monetization.
-To actually get the money from video you have to earn a certain amount in a month or you won't get paid. The amount differs for each country but it's usually around 100-150 (AU dollars). If you earn say $125 in September the money will be put into your bank account in October.
-No copyrighted material is allowed unless given permisson. If you acknowledge you have a song in the video, that video will not be monetization, but not taken down.

Subscriber count doesn't matter Dimensions.

Hope that helps  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:07 am »
-Uploading weekly videos.
So, what happens if you do not do a video for a week? And how many hundreds of views does your video have to get?

maxmaestro

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 09:09:13 am »
about advertising is that just the video at the begining of the clip for 20 odd seconds?

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:18:35 am »
about advertising is that just the video at the begining of the clip for 20 odd seconds?
Yeah that and the little ad's on the side of the page.

@Ronnie - Well if it's just a few times (spaced out over a period of time) then nothing but i guess if it is repetive over a few weeks possibly a suspension of partnership or monetization, even just getting less money (due to less new content). I'm not 100% as i havn't stopped or heard of others stopping for months on end.

Views are divided up into 2 catagories: Views and monetizable views. Not every view gets you money but all monetizable ones do. If a video has a higher amount of view, the about about 3/4 of them will be monetizable, whereas if a video has a lower amount of views, it may only be 1/2 to a half of monetizable view.
 The more monetizable views the more money that gets into your "paycheck" (money from ads also goes into this). It is a less than 1 cent per view but this builds up if you upload popular content regulary.
The most subscribed YouTube channel (RayWilliamJohnson) earns a rough 4 million a year (NO JOKE) and even if you are around 300 most subscribe it's still 250-300,000 a year! And if you;re donw in the 1,000th most subscribed area it's still around 30,000 a year.

Hope that helps!  :-D Feel free to ask more questions and i'll do my best  :)
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

luabduch

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »
This would be great!!

And yes, I'm a youtube partner, I live in Brazil.
When I got my partnership Malabarize-se had less than 1,000 subscribers
www.youtube.com/malabarismo

Anyone can apply to monetize videos.

And what mediaboy13 said is not right, Have you read the contract before digitally signing it, bro?

- You ARE NOT ALLOWED to click on your own ads or to ask people to click on it for you. This would be the same thing as stealing from the companies that are announcing (I know that sometimes it sounds tempting, but please, DON'T
- Anyone can become a partner, regardless to its numbers.
- You DON'T have to upload weekly videos. You can upload 1 every month, or no videos at all. As you wish. - you will not have your partnership terminated if you don't upload new content. At least I've never heard about that and I'm really into youtube.

- But yes, what matters are the views.
Actually, the ads views, clicks and so...
But it has a big relation with the number of views. So, more views - more revenue.

Nowadays a minimum CPM would be $0.90 for each 1,000 views, but it can be bigger (This is based on my observation, it can be wrong). - really bigger like in some rare cases $5-$10 CPM

And also this information about the minimum amount to get a payout is true. Here in Brazil it's $100,00 (we receive in dollars). You got to reach this to get your money, If you can't in one month it stays there for the next one...

Nowadays anyone can monetize videos. So, go for it! It's a good idea!

If there's anything I can help just ask me.

Cheers!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:45 am »
I think it's a good idea, especially because the weekly-upload-criterion apparently isn't essential.

tyson_11

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 11:09:30 am »
Hi Lucas. I hope you don't mind me asking but im curious as to how much you make under your circumstances. You have some 15000 subscribers and you upload regularly so you must be getting a fair few views. So would you inform us of what sort of income you have per month from YouTube?

luabduch

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »
Hey Tyson, as I said.

Nowadays a minimum CPM would be $0.90 for each 1,000 views, but it can be bigger (This is based on my observation, it can be wrong). - really bigger like in some rare cases $5-$10 CPM