Author Topic: diabolo axle switch?  (Read 2800 times)

diabolo axle switch?
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:38:14 pm »
I was wondering weather it would be possible for me to replace my fixed axle with a ball bearing axle, the problem I am having is knowing if the new axle would fit. I am currently using a jestergames diabolo (can be found at www.jestergames.com) I have been told that ball bearing axles are much smother and spin longer. I looked on www.jestergames.com but they don't sell the ball bearing axle kit, in fact they only sell a fixed axle diabolo nothing else. Please help me, I would also like to know if it would be possible to make my own ball bearing axle. Thank you. :-D
Threalman_123456

dimensions

Re: diabolo axle switch?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »
Well actually ball bearing diabolos spin longer but there a tot less stable and turn a lot more
I wouldn't fall in to the "big trap" of ball bearings, stick with a fixed axle diabolo I would recommend buying a super taibolo v2 as they spin for a long time and they don't lean and turn as much as a bearing diabolo, but bearing diabolos are great for grinds, and slacks
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:20:22 pm »
Well actually ball bearing diabolos spin longer but there a tot less stable and turn a lot more
I wouldn't fall in to the "big trap" of ball bearings, stick with a fixed axle diabolo I would recommend buying a super taibolo v2 as they spin for a long time and they don't lean and turn as much as a bearing diabolo, but bearing diabolos are great for grinds, and slacks
yes I have heard of them leaning more and such, but as far as the taibolo v2 goes would you say it is the "best for the price" ? Also, I have recently payed 20$ for my diabolo, and would like to just swap axles, I have looked at the super taibolo v2 and i am not sure if I would be able to do this. The main thing holding me back is that it is plastic, and I occasional drop my diabolo (from "large" heights) and do not want to break it.
Threalman_123456

CASERocks

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:55:38 pm »
I agree with @dimensions.  Ball bearing diabolos were a novelty for me.  They get loose and start wobbling really easily.  I've used the Sundia Triple bearing, and I gotta admit though, it's pretty impressive.

maxmaestro

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »
it seems to me that they dont make a bearing diabolo. which means you wont find a bearing that fits perfectly which might be a problem. you probably wouldnt be able to get a bearing for much less than $20 and then it wouldnt fit properly or spin very smoothly. in my opinion you should buy a completely new diabolo if you're not happy with the one you have now.
if you're certain you want a bearing diabolo, and you dont want to splash out toooooo much, you could go with a sundai fly (the only bearing diabolo i have properly played around with and liked at all.) many people would opt for a fixed axel, but it is opinion.

fixed axel prices can vary hugely, i use circus's and tiabolo v2. (they are plastic, ive dropped them a thousand times, nothings happened) but you gould get mr babache finesses.
if you dont want to pay too much you could probably pick one up off of ebay (maybe not a g4 but an older version) pretty cheap.

but ya, i hope some of that made sense to you, ive been writing essays all day so ive become slightly bable ey and just writting a lot of nonsense...

max

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »
maxmaestro- seeing as though  you have dropped your v2 super taibolo diabolo a "thousand" times and nothing has happened i am leaning towards that, I really dont want to buy a whole new diabolo, I guess I'll be able to use 2 at once but still. Is there any possibility I could find out what wouldnt fit and make minor adjustments to the axle or the diabolo itself?
Threalman_123456

Icebox

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49:02 am »
taibolo does make bearing diabolos.....
http://taibolo-usa.com/shop2.html

maxmaestro

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »
that is a possibility but unless you do it very well you will most likely end up with more wobble then in a purposely made bearing diabolo.

i have met a few people who have built their own bearing diabolo's (for example circus with a sundia fly axel) but the string sometimes got caught between the axel and the cups because they didn't fit very well...
anyways thats up to you.

otherwise i have 2 sundia fly's that i dont really want that i could give you one of for a small price (maybe £15 plus postage not sure).
pm me if you're interested.

max