Author Topic: Australia's Got Talent 2013 Audition Routine Idea!  (Read 10207 times)

Mediaboy13

Australia's Got Talent 2013 Audition Routine Idea!
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:18 am »
Hi all!

Okay so this year i'd thought i'd do my best and audition for Australia's Got Talent 2013! This will be my first performance alon as i have done all my previous performances (street and stage) with one of my good friends, but he will be on a cruise during both the audition dates  :(

Here is a small routine i came up with for the audition round. It is nothing final and pretty sketchy, but i thought i'd film it and post here and to my friends so i could get as much feedback as possible.

Anyway so far afew of my friends said i need to build up character. I can do much better than this (as you should know) but at this stage i want to keep tricks simple but looking hard (nothing too technical that non-diabolo/juggling audience won't understand) and as i don't want to stuff up and not make it past auditions.
ALL FEEDBACK AND IDEAS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Oh and for all Aussie diaboloists/jugglers out there auditions for Sydney are on the 13th of April (my birthday) and 14th of April (when i'll be going) not sure about other states though.
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
Re: Australia's Got Talent 2013 Audition Routine Idea!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:05 am »
Come on.. Look at Williams level when he attended and look at yours right now. My advice would be to train more and if Australians Got Talent is what you want to do, then attend in a few years from now..

tyson_11

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:25:05 pm »
I understand you are keen to show your hobby but im not sure this is the way to do it. As Sharling said i think if you aren't at least around Williams level its just offensive, that's what is stopping me from auditioning, id feel like im cheating the diabolo community. I think its best you keep practice up and wait until you have a little higher skill level. This is genuine constructive thoughts, im not trying to put you down. I think it comes down to what makes you happy but just make sure you are considering all factors. Hope this is helpful.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 04:37:49 pm »
I think you can make an awesome performance with easy tricks i would say that you have to move more because now youre standing in one place and at the end that makes it boring. I mean Arata would only be halve as good in performing if he stood still but no he also makes awesome dancing moves. you should also pause and look at the audience because otherwise you would only get an applause if you drop.

watch this video of etienne no for the awesome tricks but for he's movements and he's pauses he takes his time and looks around

keep it up and sorry for my crappy english xd

wgm

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:58:58 pm »
pay attention to williams energy and enthusiasm in this video- thats partly why he did so well in the competition. If you can try to match that you will be on the right track. Of course, his style isn't necessarily the best for all performances, it is really a good direction to go in for a T.V. competition.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:51:48 pm »
in my opinion a very good performance for on the television smooth tricks and interaction with the public btw did he win?

wgm

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:06:23 pm »
i think he got second or third place in the end

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:51:39 am »
Come on.. Look at Williams level when he attended and look at yours right now. My advice would be to train more and if Australians Got Talent is what you want to do, then attend in a few years from now..
I can do alot more complex stuff, i just want to keep it simple for now. There is no full video for William's audition routine, all those videos are either from the semi or grand final (hence why it is alot fancier and energetic). Of course on the day i will not be just standing in one spot looking blank faced.
in my opinion a very good performance for on the television smooth tricks and interaction with the public btw did he win?
He came second.
Once again this is only an idea! I will probably be changing many things around! If you all think i should do more complex stuff then i will!
Thanks for most of the help so far!

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 07:22:16 am »
Once again this is only an idea! I will probably be changing many things around! If you all think i should do more complex stuff then i will!
Thanks for most of the help so far!

I don't think you should do more complex stuff, I think you should train more and wait..

the_vik_vh

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:22 am »
I don't think you should do more complex stuff, I think you should train more and wait..
I agree the routine is good in my opinion btw when are the auditions?

Mediaboy13

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
By train more do you mean practice this routine and make it better??

I agree the routine is good in my opinion btw when are the auditions?

Auditions are:
Cairns - 3rd March (over)
Perth - 10th March
Adelaide - 12th March
Melbourne - 16th and 17th March
Coffs Harbour - 19th March
Newcastle - 24th March
Dubbo - 26th March
Hobart - 6th April
Launceston - 7th April
Ablbury - 9th April
Sydney - 13th and 14th April (i'll be there on the 14th as 13th is my birthday)
Canberra - Not sure date was covered by another poster
Darwin - 21st April
????? - Date and name covered by another poster

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 11:39:03 am »
By train more do you mean practice this routine and make it better??

No no no. By practice I mean that I think you should get better at diabolo in general and then consider auditioning :).

the_vik_vh

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »
No no no. By practice I mean that I think you should get better at diabolo in general and then consider auditioning :).
I do disagree with this xd you could make a performance with very easy tricks even a basic soleil can be awesome for people that dont know the diabolo. Train this routine with smoothness and more interaction then it would be awesome

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »
I do disagree with this xd you could make a performance with very easy tricks even a basic soleil can be awesome for people that dont know the diabolo. Train this routine with smoothness and more interaction then it would be awesome
If he wants to win, then he has to train, no matter how smooth his rutine gets.. William had some great og solid performances, but yet he didn't win.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 07:10:50 pm »
true and now i think of it in the show they already saw the diabolo so i am sure they will excpect more

maxmaestro

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 11:04:03 pm »
i dont want to offend you by this. so what im going to say is:
entering a competition like this, theres no point in entering if you dont feel confident you have a chance at winning. sadly for you, agt has already witnessed one diaboloist of very high standards who came second, and as the_vik_vh said, they will be expecting a performance of to the same standard or better. they've seen 3 diabolo's so they no thats possible and will be expecting stuff of that level.  and say theoretically you did get into the live shows, the public will inevitably compare you to William. and regardless of how complec or incredible your 1d and 2d tricks are. they will want 3d.

my advice is what you've already heard. i think its great that you want to enter, but i would recommend spending another few years practicing. entering talent shows, performing when you can. because diaboloing for a video is a hell of a lot of a different style to performing. so focus on performing. head up, enthusiasm. train hard and hit the big stage in a few years.

hope that didn't sound harsh or anything. i think you're a great guy and obviously know a lot about diabolo and really enjoy it. just put in a few more hours if you get what i mean.

max

5p3ak

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 12:41:01 am »
I think you should include more integrals and improve your ending.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Mediaboy13

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 02:11:35 am »
I think you should include more integrals and improve your ending.

Okay i'll improve on that, thanks :)

@Max I'll practice, practice, practice

5p3ak

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 04:28:38 am »

Okay i'll improve on that, thanks :)

@Max I'll practice, practice, practice

Also don't play in Slippers they look unprofessional IMO, and if the diabolo drops on your toes...ouch  :-|
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Mediaboy13

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 12:00:49 pm »
Also don't play in Slippers they look unprofessional IMO, and if the diabolo drops on your toes...ouch  :-|

Hahaha yeah i'm not, i have a pretty good pair of shoes i'm gonna wear  ;)

Mediaboy13

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 10:02:53 am »
Oh and also guys, not for the audition but in later rounds (if i get that far) i will be incorperating juggling into the performances as well.

-Alex

dakarv

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »
I would use orbit or whip acceleration

looks a lot nicer and can do done with more style

Mediaboy13

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:41 pm »
I would use orbit or whip acceleration

looks a lot nicer and can do done with more style
I plan to use orbit :) this was just a practise so i didn't really bother.
Thanks!

-Alex