Author Topic: Snapping String!!  (Read 4171 times)

Ruff

Snapping String!!
« on: September 30, 2005, 11:46:47 am »
Hi all!

First post woooo :?:

Question Time!

Anywho, recently (I say about 2 - 3 weeks) I brought myself some Carbon Fibre sticks from Henry's, some green string, and a Finesse G2 diabolo...

Now after about 2 weeks with this set-up my string started to break rapidly, at first I thought it was due to over-use, but I was like - This string is made to last, fo-shizzle! So I got some new string, and that broke in the same day I got it, this string was Henry's yellow string.

I came to fiqure that the metal ends of my sticks had gotten rough, and was slowly wearing away at my string casuing it to snap, to solve this (partly) I got some ultra fine sandpaper and sanded it down a bit. But it is still cutting at my string alot.

Are there anyways to solve this proplem without buying new sticks?

BAI

Brusealmighty

help
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 12:12:05 pm »
you said you had cabon fibre sticks right, my mate has this problem, and what he had to do was when he threaded the string though and tied it, do a double knot on both sides, and about every so often just get the end of the string and pull it out the back of the sticks, this stops the srting from slacking (when it jerks out of the hand stick) and it will relase the tension that the whipping is puting on the string from the wieght of the diabolo,

P.S if u want good effects get a 6 g or 10 g wieght kit and an led kit leds cost £12 and wieght kits about £9 also get a big axle for about £7 this will improve on your skills

eggy900

Snapping String!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 01:05:42 pm »
my string sometimes snaps on my babache extreme sticks, but my mates henry's yellow string has snapped loads of time in his normal wooden sticks so i think it might be the henry's string that's the problem

Ruff

Re: help
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 01:45:42 pm »
Quote from: Brusealmighty
you said you had cabon fibre sticks right, my mate has this problem, and what he had to do was when he threaded the string though and tied it, do a double knot on both sides, and about every so often just get the end of the

Ah cool, I will try that out, cheers.

Quote from: Brusealmighty
P.S if u want good effects get a 6 g or 10 g wieght kit and an led kit leds cost £12 and wieght kits about £9 also get a big axle for about £7 this will improve on your skills

Aight, i will invest in some of that, i already brought myself a big axle with the Diablol. What weight kit shall i get if im getting the LED light kit?

Quote from: eggy900
i think it might be the henry's string that's the problem

I have read in alot of places that this string is some of the best you can buy.... but i dont know....

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Snapping String!!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 03:19:04 pm »
First time I bought a roll of henry's string (and the one that has lasted me until next time I change the string) the first length snapped within a day or so.  But ever since then it's been the best string I've ever used.  This could be something to do with being the first bit off the roll  :?  maybe the way it was tied off weakened it or something or maybe it was because of the new sticks I had bought at the same time, if it was this then the rough surface was worn down after the first few lengths of string I used and it's been fine ever since then, no problems.

ScottMcG

Snapping String!!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 04:40:18 pm »
ive got the carbon fibre sticks and a g2 aswell
the henrys string that came on the sticks lasted about 2 hours, the next length of string lasted about 2/3 days, then the next lasted a week and now they are lasting around 1 and a half

just wait a bit and see if it still happens

Brusealmighty

helping you
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 11:25:35 am »
with the wieght kits start with a 6 gram to get use to the extra wieght then add a 10 gram, it will be a challange

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Snapping String!!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 04:15:56 pm »
I havn't had this problem recently as I have changed sticks but try putting alittle superglue around the string where it snaps.
Behind your back is your front.

Ruff

Snapping String!!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 02:23:56 pm »
Quote from: guppygould
I havn't had this problem recently as I have changed sticks but try putting alittle superglue around the string where it snaps.

i took this idea and modified it a bit...

I got some insulating tape (beacuse it is a flexible type of tape) and put it around the string where it usally breaks at the tips of the sticks, and so far it is working. Its just like an extra coating for it.... But i have nearly broke my sticks now, so i will have to buy more sticks, any suggestioins?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Snapping String!!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 02:33:47 pm »
I f you abuse your sticks or your unlucky like me. Go for some allys I prefer Henry's but this is where preference comes in, this has been disscussed alot on the forum so read some more of the threads.
Behind your back is your front.

Ruff

Snapping String!!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 05:16:29 pm »
i am going to order some ally sticks on monday, im sad now, my carbon fibre sticks have completly broke now. SO no diabolo until the new sticks come :(

OHH wait, i have my old wood ones i can use until then.