Author Topic: Ball-bearing axle for Finesse G2 ?!?!?! (still not released)  (Read 10291 times)

El Chinho

Ball-bearing axle for Finesse G2 ?!?!?! (still not released)
« on: October 03, 2005, 01:03:45 am »
I heard tell that they were going to be releasing these in 2005, but only 3 months left and no sign of it.

Does anyone know if these bloody things are ever going to be released ? (cos I WANT ONE ...)
right now, i see clearer than most,
i sit here continuing with this cheese on toast

i feel the pain of the third world famine, as we
count our blessings and keep damning

Mithew

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:08:50 am »
i've heard people talking about them, so i think they're out, but i havn't actually seen one
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

seán_

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:54:35 am »
There has been talk about releasing this axle for ages. Babache were having troubles with the prototypes as far a I remeber so I wouldnt hold my breath. Where did you hear the release date El Chinho?

For the moment you can get bearing diabolos from Yoho and Spintastics, I have only seen a handfull of people using them, I have used a Yoho a few times and whilst fun and nice for some tricks they felt a bit weird since you dont get the same 'bite' as you would with a normal diabolo during certain tricks

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 03:53:10 am »
Cmon the ball bearings are cheating. :)

Anyways, dont the bearing diabolos have a real long lasting spin on the string, making sprinklers longer and stuff like that? I dont think that ball bearings can do elevator either, so that might be a disadvantage in some cases. Otherwords, i wonder when they will be released.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 06:26:47 am »
a lot of people said you can do elevators with spintastics diabolos, you just need a double wrap.

and meh, ball bearing diabolos definitely bring diabolos closer to the yoyo, which i dont like....but that wont stop me from getting a couple of em to mess around with. babache will have suckered me in with their amazing design again  :oops:

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 08:54:14 am »
I want one too, it will be awesome for comboing because you won't run out of spin for ages which is my problem at the moment. I can't wait.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Mithew

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 11:45:04 am »
basically everyone is saying how its a bit cheap, but they want to get one...its kind of funny.  A ball-bearing diabolo would be useful for learning or inventing new combo's, but i guess they shouldn't be used for competitions
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 12:43:32 pm »
Ah you can't go back to the age old excuse of "blaming it on your equipment".  Some people might be better with solid axles, some might with with bearing axles.  You pick and choose which ones you want to use and the rest will come out in the wash.  I normally have more trouble with alignment than with speed.

Again, I put my hat in and would like to mess around with a couple as well.  But you know it's gonna be a while.  Who the hell are the engineers they have over there?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 01:33:14 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
and meh, ball bearing diabolos definitely bring diabolos closer to the yoyo, which i dont like....but that wont stop me from getting a couple of em to mess around with. babache will have suckered me in with their amazing design again  :oops:

Well, I don't know that it'll bring it THAT much closer to yo-yos actually, at least not for regular stick-based diabolo. Bearings influenced yo-yos a great deal because at the same time, gaps got wider, people discovered the "bind" and didn't need a yo-yo that came back up by itself (which made various slack tricks easier). You couldn't add spin during a trick except using a separate regeneration move. Also the use of 10 fingers and the small size of the yo-yo lends itself to complex string moves.

With a diabolo, even a regular fixed axle can do very layered tricks like a stop over on one side and then stop over on the other while still inside of the first stopover. There's many tricks that actually add spin to the diabolo. Having to use sticks and the size of the diabolo makes complex "cat's cradle" stuff kind of a pain in general. Slack's fine with a normal diabolo since it isn't winding up usually, etc.

I'd say that a bearing diabolo would be more likely to expand in its own ways like longer grind combos, more tricks involving backspin.. There's probably some interesting genocide type combos that open up. I don't think the fundamental things that diabolos are good at would change very much. They're much better at things like body moves...

I think the possibility for greater change would be from loop diabolo, where someone could use a small bearing diabolo and do a more complex (I mean string complexity, not difficulty per se) yo-yo-ish routine...

Shawn

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 05:23:23 pm »
well i was thinking a little bit about design (just the fact of having ball bearings) but also of the knot tricks you mentioned...i have a video around here on my computer that i cant find of a dude with a yellow G2 (sorry i forgot who it is) doing a long and complex cat's cradle/magic knot combo. it's pretty sweet, but it's not my cup of tea. anyway, my point is, a ball bearing diabolo would make that sort of thing "more" possible or at least expand the ability for that.

and, to reply to the rest, i dont think a ball bearign diabolo is cheating...except in an endurance comp of course. the thing about diabolo is that you have to add spin; some people might prefer a regular axle diabolo so they can take a break between combos ;)

Hoop

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 05:38:17 pm »
I have a few of the spintastics bearing diabolos.  My spinabolo plays nicely, except for the elevator.  I couldn't get it to do an elevator by double or triple wrapping it, so I don't know if that is possible.  It kept coming apart, so I tightened it up over and over until I over tightened it. :)  Now it does elevators just fine.  It is so tight that the bearing doesn't spin.  It is a very very heavy fixed diabolo now.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 11:06:03 am »
I went down to my local juggling shop yesterday and I was having a look through there stock catalogues and saw the Ball bearing finnese add-on. This got me interested so I asked the owner and he said all of the stuff in there will be out by the end of the year definately. He said manufactures are only allowed to put products in the catalogue that are being released this year to stop vendors being inundated with calls from people asking questions about the product. The price was still TBA but by christmas this year we might actualy see the bearing kit out. Fingers crossed.
Behind your back is your front.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 03:40:23 pm »
At last some progress. Cant wait. :D

fredo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 09:09:55 pm »
Do you really believe that? Can't wait anyway....Will buy one... :D

Arjan

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 09:35:21 pm »
I have to see it with my own eyes  :shock:
I really don`t think they will make it ever.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 09:39:46 pm »
Quote from: Arjan
I have to see it with my own eyes  :shock:
I really don`t think they will make it ever.

I think everyone thinks exactly the same. It's good to speculate though.

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 09:57:29 pm »
What Arjan said!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

eggy900

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 10:48:03 pm »
I think it's legit, there's definately be enough demand for it so MB would be silly not to release one.

And so what if it's copying spintastics, henrys have copied MB with wide axels

Martijn

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 11:18:03 pm »
Well, not exactly... They did made up their own design :wink:

john_s

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 11:31:25 pm »
i've seen at least 2 photos of the new axle recently, so it's definitely been made, even if just for the purposes of a photograph!

one was on a french juggling site (not passepasse) and the other is in the new babache 2006 pdf catalogue. i'll see if i can dig out the links. it shows the axle fitted to 1 navy blue and 1 yellow hub.

[edit] - found the link.
http://www.tete-en-lair.com/index.php?catid=1_51_53

and for the pdf catalogue, hope mr babache doesn't mind me linking to the file : http://www.jonglerie-diffusion.com/Mister%20Babache-2006.pdf

/john

mango

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 07:37:58 am »
there is also a picture of the ball-bearing axle in the website that links to the finesse in the equipment sticky.  the catalogue was also the place that i saw the four diab bag. more news, yoho doesn't make superspin anymore since november. but i still see it on online shops. john_s, how did you get the catalogue? i kept asking mb about their equipment and recieved it

john_s

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 09:54:49 am »
Quote from: mango
john_s, how did you get the catalogue? i kept asking mb about their equipment and recieved it

i simply searched google for "evolution 2" babache and it came up there. if it's in the babache catalogue, looks like they're preparing it for marketing.

on a side note, the catalogue has the full range of new sticks and accesories (spare tips, replacement coloured handles etc) so is well worth a look.

/john

fredo

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 09:56:12 am »
This picture is on tête en l'air since MB announced it... But thx anyway for sharing that catalogue :D

fredo

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:05 am »
WOOW, MB made up their own LED sticks! And that 4d bag!!! And the best is that the charger is the same as for the Evo 4! Can't wait, please MB bring it out now! :P  :D

Martijn

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 11:27:39 am »
Quote from: fredo
WOOW, MB made up their own LED sticks!

Yeah, that is quite cool :) You have to like the Energy sticks for that though... and how about the price? I have to see it first :P

About the bearing axle, I have a VERY old MB catalogue at home, and there it also says that the axle will be coming out soon. There are no new photos online I think, because they're the same as in my catalogue...

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 02:11:23 pm »
At last a 4 diabolo bag. I've been waiting so long for one of them. Wonder when they come on sale.

THe LED stcks look awesome too. I've been thinking about that for a while.

It would be nice if the axles came out at all, so i am quite prepared to wait for however long knowing it will be worth the wait (i hope).

Tom

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 02:15:01 pm »
i bought a 4 diabolo bag at ballaballa.de

fredo

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 02:29:47 pm »
so they have them yet? COOL! :D  :shock:

Christopher

Re: Ball-bearing axle for Finesse G2 ?!?!?! (still not released)
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 12:58:16 am »
mb said they are releasing the ball bearing kit by the end of 2006, i was surfing online juggling shops and none of them sell any evo 2 kits, another delay i guess.  and why is it taking so long?

Martijn

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 01:04:48 am »
Do your research please.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 05:48:59 am »
Sorry for the bump, but I though somebody might be interested, and the other thread on this was locked (and it wasn't worth starting a new thread over now was it ;))

Emailed Mr. Babache a while back and got a reply today:

Quote from: My email
>Dear Will campbell

We are sorry for this delay , but unfortunately we won't sale
something with bad quality.
COUGH COUGH

Our goal is to produce a high quality level of our range of
articles.

We recieved some sample, we will test it and keep you informed soon
as possible

Best Regards

bastien

--------------------------------------------------------------->MISTER BABACHE
Jonglerie Diffusion SA>1232 Confignon   CP2
SWITZERLAND>Tel: +41 22 757 32 07
Fax:+41 22 757 31 38>Skype: confignon1232
SIP : 5 6363

So maybe it hasn't been shelved, just not working on it

Edit: I'm talking about the Evo 2 ball bearing axle for those who don't know.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 09:15:18 am »
I think you should just give up.- It's never happening. Just use the guts from a spinabolo.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 09:42:56 am »
or just use a spinabolo.
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

seán_

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 12:35:55 pm »
or a Fly

nev

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 02:56:25 pm »

or a Fly

Soon to be re-banded "SUNDIA"  ;)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

ghengis

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 04:14:43 pm »

or just use a spinabolo.

Or just get the aftermarket upgrade kit by Spintastics for the Finesse G2.

http://www.yoyoguy.com/PN/SPDP01/New,-Features-and-Sales/Finesse-Diabolo-Bearing-Upgrade-Kit

I know some of you have tried this, what is the feedback?

-GReg

clickdeath

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 04:00:11 am »
Nice plug to your own store.