Author Topic: Yoyo's (srry out off topic)  (Read 2026 times)

kjm

Yoyo's (srry out off topic)
« on: April 02, 2007, 03:22:56 am »
Im getting a yoyo (and a 2nd diabolo) but im wondering what yoo should i get? my brother Is gonna get serious about yoyo-ing and i wanna learn a little bit on the side so i was wonderin if anyone had any suggestions on yoyos around 40 dollars and preferably at Jugglingstore.com cause thats where im getting my diabolo
Thanks  ;D

Martijn

Re: Yoyo's (srry out off topic)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
You're probably better off asking it at the www.yoyonation.com forums (or send Nick a PM, that's what I did when I wanted some advice to start yo-ing :))
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 01:20:03 pm »
Hello,
Here is the YoYoNation Buying Guide, written for people in your situation.
As for recommendations, I would suggest a Duncan Freehand Zero ($18.99 at the Juggling Store, $17.99 at the Nation). Great for learning the basics and also excellent for the higher level stuff, too. One thing worth noting about this yo-yo is that you will also need to buy replacement friction stickers. These are the surface that grips the string when you want to return the yo-yo. They wear out and will need replacing. I can't find these on the Juggling Store website. You should also buy extra string with your order as yo-yo string wears out quite quickly. You could probably split the cost of this with your brother.

When your order arrives and you want to start learning tricks there are many great sites on the internet. Try Begin2Spin or Ken's World on a String when you are just starting out, before moving on to Sector Y for some more advanced stuff. For further reading or any explanations check out the Yo-Yo Wiki.
For inspiration check out: 1, 2, 3. Some of my favourite videos.

I hope that you enjoy your new hobby.
Good Luck,
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

kjm

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:25:06 pm »
thnx alot ill see if my dad will let me get it off of another website  

clickdeath

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:37:44 am »
If your dad will let you order from YYN i'd recommend a YoYoJam SFHG, theyre an awesome little yoyo, I learnt a lot on mine, was the first yoyo I got when i first got seriously into yoyoing!! If not then a HHM (Hybrid HitMan) would be cool, or a Lyn Fury. The reason I recommend YYJ is because you dont have to buy replacement stickers for them like you do with Duncans, and they can be setup so easily for anything from beginners to experts, just by cleaning the bearing.