Author Topic: Drop And Change  (Read 27638 times)

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2005, 02:29:22 pm »
Definatly most incredible video (along with Feel Good, love it) and diaboloing I believe I have ever seen...just curious, how much of that is solid?  :)

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2005, 04:29:39 pm »
Quote from: JGherkin
Definatly most incredible video (along with Feel Good, love it) and diaboloing I believe I have ever seen...just curious, how much of that is solid?  :)

I started diabolo in August 2002...3 years now
Trick of the week : http://diabolumberto.free.fr

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2005, 06:13:53 pm »
diabolumberto, maybe you don't understand john's question (don't blame you, my only other language is spanish, and I couldn't do anything on a spanish forum like this). It's asking how much of the tricks in the video could be done in front of an audience, or that you can do successfully 100% of the time. that clearer?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2005, 08:46:10 pm »
Ok ok sorry...

I don't know...

I can sucess all my combo around the body....
But my english is too bad, I can't answered this question in englsh, because, I don't know lots of words in english for diabolo.

jw

Drop And Change
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2005, 10:24:54 pm »
Just post it in French, I'm sure someone will be kind enough to translate it.
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2005, 07:00:53 am »
Il y a plusieurs enchainements autour du corps qui sont dans mon numero sur scène,le lacher dans le lacher infini est assez solide maintenant pour que je puisse en faire un sur scène aussi...mais après c'est difficile à dire, bien sur les figures 3 diabolos ou même 2 diabolos ne sont pas encore assez sur pour me permettre de les tenter, et toutes les figures du type 5 génocides, enchainement de mini génocide(je peux en faire 2 à la suite sur scène mais pas 5), je pense qu'on peut voir quel type de figure pn peut faire ou pas en fonction de sa difficulté, mais je filmerais un numero de diabolo une fois

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2005, 09:58:21 am »
There are several sequences around the body which is in my number on scene, to release it in releasing it infinite is rather solid now so that I can do one of them on scene also... but after it is difficult to say, well on figures 3 diabolos or even 2 diabolos are not yet enough on enabling me to try them, and all the figures of type 5 genocides, sequence of minis genocide(I can make 2 with the continuation of them on scene but not 5), I think that one can see which type of figure pn can make or not according to its difficulty, but I would film a number of diabolos once.

My french isn't brilliant but google translation says this. You can get the jist of what he is saying though. Someone who could speak french well would do a lot better than this though.
Behind your back is your front.

Spooned

Drop And Change
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2005, 02:15:41 pm »
Very very nice, love the HTF music  :)
Diabolo or Diablo

Jonnyh

Drop And Change
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2005, 02:20:35 pm »
Very nice! good stuff

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2005, 02:18:21 pm »
Cheers Guppy, and Umberto for the reply.  That does make alot of sense, seeing as the knots and around the body type moves probably work most of the time once you have the movements down.  But then for everything else like the insane geno's and 2d suicide/genocide combos theres probably a huge chance of missing it all.

Top stuff!

Sean

• Administrator
Drop And Change
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2005, 04:36:28 pm »
Here's my go at it:
There are many body sequences that are in my performance routine, the suicide during the infinite suicide is solid enough right now that I can put in my performance too... but after that it's difficult to say, with my 3 diabolo tricks and even my 2 diabolo tricks it's not as easy to get solid, and all the tricks that are of the 5 genocide type, infinite mini genocide (I can do 2 in a row in a performance, but not 5), I think we can see what types of tricks we can do or not do is a function of the trick's difficulty, but I would film a diabolo performance once.

The run on sentence wasn't my idea. :P Not sure I got the meaning of the last phrase right.

trash

Drop And Change
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2005, 05:28:33 pm »
Good phrase Sean, you're right.

Joe_c

Drop And Change
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2005, 08:19:40 pm »
that was sick! i really liked the 1d section bt y wit the happy tree friends theme

_Rezi

Drop And Change
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2005, 09:58:30 pm »
well done. I am remembering the Carvin EJC and your improve since that is impressive.
Are you doing somethig else than juggling?

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2005, 08:30:37 am »
Quote from: _Rezi
well done. I am remembering the Carvin EJC and your improve since that is impressive.

Yes, I am a student, in Sport, and I'm working in High school

jelen

Drop And Change
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2005, 10:20:44 am »
Quote from: diabolumberto

wow  :shock:  and were do you get enough time to practice all those new tricks??!!!

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2005, 10:33:13 am »
Quote from: jelen
Quote from: diabolumberto

wow  :shock:  and were do you get enough time to practice all those new tricks??!!!

SInce holidays  :D

jelen

Drop And Change
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2005, 02:17:14 pm »
Well then you learn very fast!!! or perhaps I learn too slow...I saw you in the EJC doing a routine with a girl that was really nice... please tape it!!!

The Void

Drop And Change
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 11:46:41 am »
As this has come up in the video of the year poll, and since the mpg link seems to be down, I've mirrored it at
http://www.tlmb.net/mirror/drop_and_change.mpg

The Void
But Frank Sinatra doesn't sing a song about dogs....
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

JoMo

• VotW Contributor
Drop And Change
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2006, 05:52:50 am »
Man i just watch the video now. And OMG!!!

No wonder it is up for video of the year. Truly great work.  I love it.  Thanks.
Chimchanga's Rock My World!!!