Author Topic: If you moderate this your children will be next  (Read 2164 times)

samuli

• VotW Contributor
If you moderate this your children will be next
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:48:39 pm »
Just as a recap, here's few messages just to start the discussion.

'Hi guys,

I deleted Samuli's post 'just something you maybe would like to see' because it's the newsletter from the Planet Diabolo Project and Nico asked to keep it private. If anyone thinks I should have left it where it was (especially with the discussion going on about it), please feel free to undo it.

Ceri-Anne

Arjan
Re: Samuli's post
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:43:42 am »

I'm sure it's the right thing to do, but it's extremely difficult.
What I am more keen on is getting to understand what happened all here.
Samuli posted something similar on his facebook page.

Why do 2 people seem to get so pissed with something?

Marko

Re: Samuli's post
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:39:37 pm »

For me it seems that not everybody is happy about the way the project affecting diabolo culture. I'm going to ask Samuli about this. These people are not usually angry or posting for nothing. There must something here.

Samuli
reply to this thread

If you have something to ask from me just ask from me instead of thinking what am I thinking. That way won't give you answers. It is easier just to talk straight to the person.

I see that here is already at least 3 different subjects to talk about and I am really happy to talk if you are open for the talk instead of just moderating. Moderating isn't really creating any discussion.

peace,

Samuli
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
Re: If you moderate this your children will be next
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:19:22 pm »
Hi Samuli,

Clearly I missed something that seems to be going on.
Can you please explain why you posted the Planet Diabolo post publicly while it was asked to keep private? My moderating was not meant as a provocation, I just thought it was not intended to be public.

Ceri-Anne

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:22:30 am »
If you have something to ask from me just ask from me instead of thinking what am I thinking. That way won't give you answers. It is easier just to talk straight to the person.

Hi Samuli,

Yes you're right so I'm asking. Maybe you could explain me directly what is your concern about our project instead of sharing things that you don't have the right to.

I hope you are realizing you are being very disrespectful to our work right by doing that and to all the artists that put efforts on our project for the last 3 years, ESPECIALLY the norwegian and finnish kids from the private video you shared.

You have the right not to support this project. I am open to constructive critics, but not to free insults, and that's what you just did.

But thanks anyways, you actually gave me more motivation to finish this project!

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:52:43 am »
First of all I think it is good that we are now trying to have this conversation on open forum instead talking on closed forum.

I'll answer the questions asked

1. what is your concern about our project

I have no problem about any project, projects are fun and it is good that people do things together.

2. why share things that you don't have the right to.

Well, this is much bigger issue, I'm not really sure how to explain this in English but all I did was that I reposted a newsletter with a link to a really nice video. I see that I did no harm to anyone. If you don't want people to see your videos or writings or whatever, then don't share it on internet.  What really is the issue here? quite many people had seen the newsletter and the video already, I don't really get this, promote coming dvd on closed forum instead that promoting it out for all the people who might buy it.

3. I hope you are realizing you are being very disrespectful to our work right by doing that and to all the artists that put efforts on our project for the last 3 years, ESPECIALLY the norwegian and finnish kids from the private video you shared.

please can you explain how I have been disrespectful? Just reposting a post about 'newsletter'? Is that my crime?

4. Can you please explain why you posted the Planet Diabolo post publicly while it was asked to keep private?

I don't really get the idea of the closed forum part, and again I thought that if there is a newsletter it is meant for people to read. Why post anything if you don't want it to be seen?

Sorry for short answers but I'll make a longer post when I have time, I am super busy for next two weeks but if the subject is still on I'll try to be as clear as possible.

Peace,

Samuli

Ceri-Anne
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 10:07:06 am »
Hi Samuli, thanks for your post.

You didn't commit a crime, I never said such a thing.

Glad to know you don't have any issue with our project even though that's not really how it felt.

That newsletter was totally private, so was that video (if it wasn't obvious with the password + the private mark on the video). I have no problems with artists of our project showing to their friends the evolution of this thing as long as they do it in private. I am glad you were able to see those clips yourself as a preview of our work, and happy you enjoyed them.

But you were not in a position to repost that because this isn't your work and ant it was totally explicit that it was not meant to be shared.

Yourself is having this project NMN if I am correct which is actually pretty interesting. Now I don't think you would enjoy to see it randomly thrown out like that. Well that's the same for us.

So of course you didn't harm anyone literally, but you've been careless to our long term efforts to create original content. This is what I meant by disrespectful to the 4 guys of the video, to the hours they spent shooting, to the hours we spent editing, to the music producer of that track, to our project in general.

We will share preview videos pretty soon, during EJC actually. But it is our choice how and when to do so. And I am sorry but you didn't even say a word about our project on your post so it wasn't really an act of sharing from you. Seems like it was more a provocation than anything else. Sharing is caring yes. Sharing without asking or acknowledging is spoiling.

And what we do on that closed area of the forum is sharing with the artists who are part of that project or the ones we actually involved in the brain storming early in it. That newsletter wasn't for promotion, so isn't this closed forum.

If you don't understand that having a place to discuss with them about all matters of our project is necessary to lead and organize such a thing then what can I say.

Anyways, as I said, I am not affected, actually more motivated by that, and I don't have hard feelings on you, I just hope you can understand my position. And if not then I don't really care honestly.

Cheers man, peace out and keep up on your projects.

Nico

5p3ak

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:16:59 am »
This project seems fun I wish I was pro enough to be in it :(
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai