Author Topic: "Shirtless Man Doing Diabolo", by Jacob Sharpes  (Read 17202 times)

Sean

• Administrator
"Shirtless Man Doing Diabolo", by Jacob Sharpes
« on: October 06, 2005, 04:45:24 pm »
Jacob has a new video, which I think you'll all want to see. He wishes to warn that the music has a few swear words. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities. :)

Enjoy...

http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/shirtless_man_doing_diabolo.avi (XVID, 33mb)
http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/shirtless_man_doing_diabolo.mpg (MPEG, 40mb and lower quality)

(Feel free to mirror these if you can.)

Sean

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 05:37:48 pm »
Very, very nice video. Your 3 diabolos has come on an incredible amount.
Well done =D>
Behind your back is your front.

fildas

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 07:07:51 pm »
yes,yes,very nice video... =D>
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Arjan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:44:21 pm »
The first few minutes I didn`t really like, but after that, I was ****ing amazed.. wow.. serious stuff in there. Ow the only thing wich I didn`t like was the quality. Also music very kewl, what is the name of these kids?

Congratz overall!

Loriot

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 08:11:04 pm »
Really cool stuff. I very like the three diabolo high siteswap. It's amazing what this guy can do and he doesn't seem to be older then twenty. Does anybody know his age?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:19:12 pm »
Your quite good at this diabolo thing aren't you.  

Awesome vid, that 2d sun thing ending in a slowcide was cool, especially the way you turned 1d around so it looked like it changed colour.

Great video :D  :D  :D
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 08:30:46 pm »
Quote from: Arjan
The first few minutes I didn`t really like, but after that, I was ****ing amazed.. wow.. serious stuff in there. Ow the only thing wich I didn`t like was the quality. Also music very kewl, what is the name of these kids?
The music is by a group called "The Streets" from the album "A Grand Doesn't Come For Free".  Their first album "Original Pirate Material" was better I believe.

As for the video, it was pretty awesome.  That 3D stuff was absolutely narly.  I love those 1up 2D suns, it looks so aggressive yet smooth.  Awesome stuff.  Not a well edited masterpiece, but the content is excellent.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 08:45:33 pm »
Unbelievable. You're way too good! 8)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 08:49:51 pm »
Jacob is 15 years old :roll: .

-Nate Sharpe
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 09:02:27 pm »
loved the diabolo stuff, but man i hate rap.... just so stupid....  Really love the 360 fan then 360 fan the other way.  Also the fan then release one then sun then back into fan was sick too.  Change the music but it was really cool.

Mithew

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 09:51:54 pm »
cool video, the filming could have used some work, same with the music...but the integral suicide into a mini genocide was great and i loved the suns with two diabolo's while throwing the 3rd up.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

jw

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:12:45 pm »
The 571122 was awesome! Maybe you could try a 57112233 with a Baptiste like fan on the 33!
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 11:44:11 pm »
Quote from: J_J777
loved the diabolo stuff, but man i hate rap.... just so stupid....
Not that I'm a big rap fan or anything, but dont't really think it's classes as that.  I believe it to be in the UK garage/hip hop scene.  Bit sketchy as the music is quite variable with The Streets.

I didnt notice the integral to minig, will have to watch it more closely again...
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 01:00:54 am »
Well that was a bit special.
All the sun stuff was nuts. Especially the 72222c-fan, you crazy boy!
Disapointed that you didnt use the b-ball net  :wink:  And i'm a bit bored of the french 1 diabolo stuff now (but hey, to each his own) but the 2 and 3 was mind blowing, well done there.

Oh and the music choice was ace.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 01:01:10 am »
I'm sorry about the quality, especially that in the woods, was a little rushed. in the woods is a whip to double genocide (one swing behind the back) into backwards right infinite suicides (which do speed it up, unlike the left hand version). also a left thrown duicide that ends up in a backwrap, then a little trick I made up. also a walkaround infinite minigenocide (these take forever to learn, but I was happy with how it looked). also an integral suicide, from backwrap, thrown onto left hand, then into either infinite suicide or minigenocide. the music would make more sense and be better, but itunes is not working on my computer right now(or my ipod for that matter), and that was all I had on cd that I liked. again, sorry about the lighting, I'll try to get a better camera for the next video. arjan, you didn't like the beginning? I was real proud of that second combo inside, took a real long time to get consistent, and I think with a little movement refining could look really good, and again, is very, very difficult (for me at least). guess it did start out a bit slow, probably shoulda cut the one stick stuff :roll:, for the record though, three high like that is wicked hard . should I start out with better stuff? I wanted to get a buildup kinda thing.  again, sorry about the overall quality, I've just been meaning to do that for a while and was anxious to get it over with. and I wouldn't say rap in general is stupid, I'd like to see you try to write anything anywhere near as good as any rap on the radio right now (I'm a classic rock fan my self, really only just like black eyed peas, the streets and outkast from rap/hip-hop, but really, just don't call stuff stupid just cus you don't like it). thanks for the comments guys, again, sorry about the quality, hope my explanations were somewhat helpful.

Edit: to norbi, finally someone with good music taste! :D , and on the french stuff, yeah, but I want at least one good combo like that for performing, and I didn't want to steal material. that combo has been refined multiple times to include different aspects, again, it's basically just another antonin combo, but I wanted a good one I'd made up. and that first combo is what I call "stupid stuff" that starts off a diabolo routine and gives an audience an idea of easier stuff so that the later stuff is much more impressive. I take like a minute of simple tricks like that and simpler before I get into my first real body/cide combos.  it sets a standard for an audience, so that the base level is where it should be. like, I get gasps for some real simple stuff just because there's a clear improvement, and everything looks cool to an audience. thanks again
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Nathan

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 02:06:47 am »
Very nice diabolo skills, way crazy stuff (Though didn't you do 4 consecutive 1-up suns at the AYCO? Maybe I counted wrong) Oh well, awesome anyway. Maybe the video could've been made better, but the skills left nothing to be desired. Knowing Jacob, he'll be busting out even crazier tricks sooner than we can say "way to go".

No complaints about the music, as I don't mind rap  in general, but it doesn't seem diabolo caliber stuff.

Quote from: Jacob
but itunes is not working on my computer right now(or my ipod for that matter)

If your 'pod is still under warranty (1 year), you can take it to a Mac store and tell them its broken. They give you a new one for free, no questions asked.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 02:08:32 am »
on the warranty, been there, done that, the thing to mail it to apple is on its way. should be like 3 weeks before a new one comes though
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

dynamaniac

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 05:28:00 am »
wow
how long have you been diaboloing for?

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 06:37:05 am »
Quote from: Nathan
If your 'pod is still under warranty (1 year), you can take it to a Mac store and tell them its broken. They give you a new one for free, no questions asked.

wow, i wish. if you want to hear how much i hate Apple, read the next paragraph.

my sister got an iPod mini, which was great, except it was having a really hard time with her PC. so we tried everything (and trust me, im no computer newb, i build computers for friends/money and i'm a moderator at emuforums.com) and still couldnt get it to work. anyway long story short of all the crap we did, we took it in to the apple store. well guess what, all they have there are apples. we said "we want a new one, this one is dead" (because it was giving weird error messages and wouldnt respond). they took us to the back where they plugged it into a mac and reformatted it (for mac, may i add) and got it working. they said take it home and it SHOULD work. basically, the dude there, a long haired Mac geek (perfectly fitting the stereotype) said he had never used a PC in his life, and he didnt know if it worked. i told him i didnt care if it worked on a Mac, because i dont own one. well, it DIDNT work on my sister's PC. we had to search forums, ask around, we switched from firewire to USB2.0, it still didnt work. my sister finally got it to work (in iTunes only, nothing else) after hours of fiddling. so, a big thumbs down to Apple and their horrid tech support and horrid PC support. i can't wait till Apple finally gives up on their PowerPC architecture and releases OS X for x86 architecture..mwahahahaha i cant wait!

cliffs notes: apple employees dont even know what a PC is, i give the middle finger to Steve Jobs, that's that.

PS. i did borrow an iPod shuffle...which worked right off the bat and perfectly with the Winamp plugin. so meh.

Andy S

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 12:14:22 pm »
Amazing!  :shock: Thanks for taking the time to film for us.

-Andy