Author Topic: Handsticks: which should i choose?  (Read 1960 times)

mikopirat

Handsticks: which should i choose?
« on: July 27, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »
Hello.
I have Aluminium Henrys Handsticks at the moment.
My question is: should i buy  exrtreme or carbon.
Most important to me is smooth and nice movement while doing suicides/integrals.
BTW i have heard about something like Taibolo handsticks? Is is good?
Thanks
Nico.

Coolaqw

Re: Handsticks: which should i choose?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:26:01 pm »
I like taibolo handsticks for integrals but not many people do its because they are too light but i personally like em for integralls and have many pairs

Mediaboy13

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:24:54 am »
Both are fine options (and so is Aluminium). I have used Extremes for years and really enjoy them. They are sturdy and strong, have a good weight to them (not heavy but on the heavy side), they use little string and they come in colours.
I really enjoy them, have a search around the forum for more answers too!

Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 02:56:40 pm »
It depends.

Xtremes are great as they are heavier which means when your doing integrals the sticks dont tend to spin as fast so its easier to control, they also have silicon grips which are amazing! However if you hit them off the ground the metal bends like hell and absolutely wreck if they hit you on the face or knuckles.

Carbons are a lot more durable, lighter, faster. They use up more string when changing (Unless you use Barbache Carbons).

But hey, make a hybrid and stick some silicon grips on a pair of carbons and you got yourself a sweet set of light, durbale, heavyish, grippy sticks
Some Craic!

Mediaboy13

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:42:06 am »
However if you hit them off the ground the metal bends like hell and absolutely wreck if they hit you on the face or knuckles.

Well if they hit the ground they will only bend a little bit over time. They will only bend heaps if for example your swing a stick fast and hard into another hard surface. They can be bent back too though. But just hitting the ground casually the ends will get torn away slowly (grips and sticks) so you'll have to replace the grips about every few months (it will just make the stick ends quite rough).

Good points Graham  :)
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:44:32 pm »
Deos sticks are the only ones worth getting.
Alex abuses flys!