Author Topic: Strings Breaking Often  (Read 2595 times)

Changsta

Strings Breaking Often
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »
I have something similar to carbon or fiberglass sticks. The strings go through the stick (there's a hole inside the stick that opens at the top and the bottom)

I broke my string many times and I was confused as to why. I realized earlier than there's a ton of tension near the front opening where the stick comes out.

Basically the string keeps tugging on the opening hole and it wears down the string at that certain point.

How can I reduce the tension or maybe put something on that could keep the string from wearing down and breaking.

spryoyabe

Re: Strings Breaking Often
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:02:56 am »
the same thing happens to me! im really interested on if theres a solution to this

SebiHausi

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:55:12 am »
that happens to me aswell, one thing you can do is to make a little "service" for your sticks from time to time. so you basicly take a sandpaper and go over the stick with it to get rid of the cuts which the sticks got over the time, however this wont stop breaking the string completely, but at least it holds longer then ;). if you have these sticks where the string goes through the hole stick there is something i do aswell. if you can already see that your string will break soon i put it out and cut the knot of and make a new one, so that the part where it almost breaks gets into the stick, this way you can keep a string longer ;).

Changsta

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:51:49 am »
Thanks for the advice!

I put insulator tape over those rigid cracks on the top of my sticks and it seems to help prevent the string from wearing away near the tips. Of course, I had to add insulator tape almost after every practice.

Much more cost effective than replacing string over and over again.

Balstad

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:50:10 pm »
How long does your string generally last?  For me it's been only a handful of hours with my new Sundia Carbon sticks.  Today the string broke and I change it literally last night and used it for about 3 hours of practice.