Author Topic: What tools should I get for disassembling/tightening my diabolo?  (Read 2153 times)

ADubhlaoich

Hasn't really been an issue until now but as I find myself messing with my diabolos more I realised that trying to use two pairs of pliers was a bit more difficult than it should be. What'd comprise an "essential" kit of tools for someone doing diabolo?
One of the Irish people lurking about.

Mediaboy13

Re: What tools should I get for disassembling/tightening my diabolo?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 12:33:20 pm »
For diabolos with bolts in the cups (like Sundia diabolos) there's a certain kind of thing that looks like a screwdriver but has a blunt square end and you can put a thing that will fit over the bolt to get it undone or tightened easily. As for diabolos like Finesses there's another kind of tool, I'll try get some pictures soon! Oh and scissors are a must for cutting string!

Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Icebox

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 01:13:18 am »
Allen wrenches are good for finesses, circuses and taibolos both use ratchets, and personally i've been able to tighten my sundias reliably by hand (although the shining needs wrenches)

ADubhlaoich

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:55:27 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys! Gonna head down to a hardware store tomorrow to pick up stuff for my taibolos. Already had a pair of scissors, thankfully :P

ADubhlaoich

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:28:24 pm »
For anyone else's reference, Taibolo V2s use 8mm wrenches/sockets/etc.