Author Topic: Chinese YoYo for kids  (Read 2474 times)

dcyang

Chinese YoYo for kids
« on: September 06, 2013, 04:44:52 am »
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice. I am teaching Chinese YoYo/Diabolo to kids at a local Chinese school and I wan to buy them a dozen or so bearing yoyos. (Fixed axle ones are way to hard to teach) . I'm wonder what kind of YoYos are the best and which site to buy them from. The school has set aside $500 to spend on yoyos but keep in mind, they right now have nothing, i'll probably need string sticks and tightener etc. I've been recommended, to buy from Diabolo Galaxy and get either Sundia Shining Single Bearing or Sundia Fly Long Axle Diabolo, Sundia Fly Short Axle Diabolo. Any recommendations?

wgm

Re: Chinese YoYo for kids
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:56:35 pm »
All three of those diabolos are pretty high quality, especially if its just for teaching kids. I'd say pick whichever one is cheapest, so you can teach as many kids as possible

Coolaqw

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 02:43:40 am »
I think you should try nimbles since flys are more rigid and nimbles are cheaper but have the similar feeling I personally first started with a fly and have hit my head a bunch of times so I recommend nimbles.and I am talking about sundia nimbles

ChloƩ F.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:39:17 pm »
Taibolo V2 or Glary simple bearing are good ones too, and I think they are no so expensive.
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

SundiaDealer

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »
I know its a late reply but still useful. For young starters the nimble is a good choice because of its lighter weight.  They were originally made for a fixed axle but you can get them with bearing also. But if the kids had any experience with any kind of diabolo before, i would suggest the fly with single bearing.  With my experience watching kids here in Taiwan, the fly is a popular starter diabolo.  The weight doesnt seem to be a problem. And keep in mind that they dont take long to want to upgrade to a heavier cup and faster bearing. Good luck!