Author Topic: Everything alright with my new Taibolo?  (Read 2232 times)

utechle

Everything alright with my new Taibolo?
« on: September 18, 2013, 09:22:49 pm »
Hello,

Yesterday I got my two new Taibolo Super diabolos  :-D

However, as I'd tried them out I realized that one of them considerably changes the orientation while just accelerating it. I.e. I start accelerating the diabolo and shortly after I stand 90 degrees toward my starting position. The other one stays in position and also my old diabolo.

Is there a way to easily fix this problem or should I better exchange the diabolo?

utechle

wgm

Re: Everything alright with my new Taibolo?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:43:31 pm »
Is it loose? Check to see if one side is missing a washer or something, uneven weight will make it turn.
Its perfectly reasonable that you just have a faulty one though

Mathias P.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:12:35 am »
Do you have two different colours? Once i changed my henrys cups in one nightglow and one blue i had the same problem.

utechle

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 05:40:18 pm »
Is it loose? Quite the contrary, it is strongly tightened. I cannot even turn the cups a millimeter. And the cups have the same colour.

In the meantime, I've disassembled and reassembled the diabolo but without success.

I will return it in exchange for a new one.

Thanks for your replies!

utechle

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »
Addendum:

I've unscrewed all my diabolos - my two new taibolos and my mister babache harlequin medium - and weighed all the single components.

Result: The cups of the taibolo with the strong drift have a difference of nearly 5 grams! The cups of the other taibolo differ by 0.7 grams (negligible) and the cups of the low budget diabolo differ by only 0.1 gramms.

Is there a quality problem with taibolos?

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:39 pm »
It is unusual that the cups differ by 5 grams.
Taibolos are a high quality diabolo used by many so I think that yours is a special case. 
sorry this happened to you  :(