Author Topic: judging diabolo competitions  (Read 8267 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
judging diabolo competitions
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 03:04:01 am »
Sry to bump an old thread but I think it's better to bump than to make a new one.

So I was wondering if the judging has changed because I was reading about the disputed vova/dietz club competition win.  I was wondering if the diabolo judging was that complicated. Like for instance:

- Do you get a 1/10 of a point deduction for foot movement?
- Are there specific categories under each category like orbits under 2 diabolo and suicides and that type of stuff?
- What is characterized as hard and how many points do you get?
- How many points do you not gain/lose if you don't do 3 high?
- How many more points do you recieve if you do like a sun above and under in excalibur and if you don't do any excalibur?

Thanks,
Josh

fredo

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 11:31:39 am »
hmm, dificult...but i think neither you get any deductions for foot movement, nor there's such a complicated rating system - it's a "freestyle" competition...

Martijn

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 02:36:01 pm »
All I know is that they pay nearly no attention to the diabolo judging at all... Norbi (or other WJF go-ers) could probably tell you more though.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 04:03:31 am »
well i was the only judge this year at wjf for diabolo and they basically said think of Williams routine (from ija) if he were to do it perfect that’s a 10 base the judging off that and count the number of drops/fumbles/mistakes

so yeah that was about it

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 04:54:10 am »
wow, that's pretty fudgy. especially for the WJF and their "every move executed perfectly with no body movement" specifics....

Martijn

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 02:39:34 pm »
But then again, diabolo IS a hack prop :roll:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 04:05:34 pm »
i dont understand why they dont split the comp into different catagries? surely that would make more sense.....?
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 08:57:45 am »
Quote from: LaNgErZ
i dont understand why they dont split the comp into different catagries? surely that would make more sense.....?

At the WJF diabolo is an auxiliary prop and is only just considered a prop to have a competition, so the odds of putting in some different categories are against it especialy when only 5 or so people compete. This may change if the WJF goes worldwide and has competitions all over the world like Garfield wants it to.
Behind your back is your front.