Author Topic: Please Help! Loose Epic A-Dream  (Read 1934 times)

Toddyupa

Please Help! Loose Epic A-Dream
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:09 am »
Hey all

I recently ordered 4 Epic A-Dreams and since they arrived 3 days ago I have been loving them.

But today when I was practicing one of them got loose. I've tightened it to some extend, but I'm not sure If I can get it to be fully tight. Is this normal? I've never had this problem with a non-bearing diabolo before.

I bought it from oddballs, and I think there is a way to get it refunded/sent back. Did I just get a dodgy one? Should I send it back? Or is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks.
pretentious 12 year old

simonc95

Re: Please Help! Loose Epic A-Dream
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:13:38 am »
i had the exact saem problem, just undo the completely and then put them back together using a little loctite and tools
I appreciate every click: www.youtube.com/user/SinisterElen

Wis

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:32 am »
Are you suggesting to glue them?? I think better wait for other comments, there are tons of people having them, and I am aware that they had that problem. I dunno anything about the solution, though.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:31:15 pm »
You do not need to send it back for a refund, just use loctite. Also the thread is not long enough to screw both the caps on maximum, so make sure you screw both of them on at the same time to have them screwed on as hard as possible. Most diabolos need to have loctite on, although I heard Sundia suns have self tightening washers, or something like that (please correct me if I am wrong). Anyway, all of the Epic diabolos I have received needed me to loctite them together.

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »
I say you're probably doing something wrong if you have problems keeping your diabolos together. I have juggled diabolos probably longer than most of you have lived and I haven't had any problems with diabolos loosing up. I have used Henry's Circus, Mr.B's Finesse, Sundias and now I have used Epic's for over a year and I haven't had single loosening problem with any of these diabolos and I don't believe I am just lucky here.

I know that  there are people who say their clubs break,but what I see is that I see people breaking their clubs.

Diabolos and clubs are jugglers tools but as with real tools you shouldn't miss use them. Even that these toys are not as expensive as most of real tools or let us say Pianos, Violins etc. All these things are made for purpose, and they do well when you them on purpose they are designed for, if they are well designed of course.

So I can't really help you out here and all I can say is that I haven't had single problem with Epic A dreams or with any other diabolo I use. So my two cents here are that just be more fast and precise, live long and prosper gently.
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Toddyupa

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 12:24:06 am »
I'll probably get some loctite. And samuli, I don't think I'm doing anything every other diabolist doesn't do, throws, catches, and drops. Like I said, never encountered this, other than 5$ yohos.
pretentious 12 year old