Author Topic: One Diabolo Tutorial - Chinese Acceleration  (Read 2732 times)

Richard

One Diabolo Tutorial - Chinese Acceleration
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:37 pm »
Almost every beginner asks me how to do Chinese acceleration so I thought I'd make a tutorial

utechle

Re: One Diabolo Tutorial - Chinese Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »
Great tutorial as always - thank you!

I've started practicing with the diabolo this summer. It was no problem to learn the loop acceleration but I still have problems with the Chinese acceleration. So far, it simply doesn't feel right and I cannot reach the speed as with the loop acceleration. I just don't come up to the smooth movement that is shown in all the videos. It is rather rough or violent (if this is the right expression) and after a while my right hand hurts.

I already pay attention to my left hand and to leave it completely passive. A new aspect from your video is to start pulling the right hand up while the diabolo is still on its way down, and vice versa. Is there anything else to consider?

Regards,
Daniel

Richard

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:03:26 am »
Hi Daniel,

This up and down movement of the right stick with correct timing is essential.

Almost everyone that starts out doing this acceleration is very aggressive with it - I broke my first wooden stick doing this years ago.

If you get your timing right you shouldn't have to be too aggressive and your hand probably won't hurt as much. However this will come with practice.

Remember with the timing that as the diabolo is travelling down, you should be lifting your right hand. And as it's travelling up you should be pushing your right hand down. Make sure the diabolo travels above your head and down to around your knees.

Also I forgot to mention in the video that it's extremely important to keep the diabolo on the correct plane - make sure your stick-ends are aligned (this is exactly the same concept as doing basic lifting acceleration). If you find that the diabolo is wobbling and not horizontal, it means your hands aren't in the right position and the string is rubbing on the diabolo's cups (which slows down the speed of the diabolo a lot).

You can usually correct this through lots of practice :)

Also remember that new string is a LOT easier to practice this trick - old, rough and wet string makes it extremely difficult to learn.

Good luck!

utechle

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »
Thanks a lot for your reply and the additional hints! Now I'm motivated again to practice, practice, practice ...

Please keep on doing your great tutorials!

Richard

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 09:51:20 am »
:)

Good on you!  Practice is the main thing that'll improve your skills!

Kostas

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:17:29 pm »
Hey guys
I have a big promblem Chinesse acceleration every time I do it my diabolo start to go vertical to the front....What I do wrong???

Richard

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 08:51:05 am »
The ends of the sticks (where the string joins the sticks) needs to be in a line (lined up and in perfect alignment).

If your right or left hand is too far forward or backwards, the diabolo will tilt.

This is exactly the same as if you were doing basic acceleration.

If the diabolo EVER tilts it is because the stick ends aren't in a line.

Kostas

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 10:21:17 am »
Aha ok Thank very much I will try it today...,!!!!!