Author Topic: Light weight Diabolos  (Read 7247 times)

nev

• Donator
Re: Light weight Diabolos
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 04:40:12 pm »
Hi it seems you like suns - but my guess is you have the heavy cup version.

The Sun can be set up at low as 233g with the lightweight cups / plastic washers and the full black axle - or anywhere up to 300g with the various different components
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 04:52:41 pm »
Thank you Nev!
Its fine, my Suns are great at 1D. And I intend to keep em for that reason!
My final thoughts are now this.
Epics vs Typhoons.

I wonder what a comparison between these 2 and the Sun would be?

The only thing I didn't like about the Suns, are the wide metal axle. I prefer axles like a taibolo.
The Epics and the Typhoons seem to have that going for them! Which is why a Circus with a kit would have been one of my choices too. I may just get 1 upgrade kit for the circus I already have!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 05:13:56 pm »
Let me offer a small critique on the typhoon's axle.

First, it 'seems' like its akin to the taibolo's axle, but when you use it you realize there is a 'ridge' which means the axle isn't flush with the hubs.

That ridge causes my typhoons to go crooked almost all the time. Its like I have a wide axle, but I have a narrow axle right in the middle which means I lose that benefit.

edit: is this the first 'discussion' diabolo.ca has had about a diabolo in a long time?

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »
Let me offer a small critique on the typhoon's axle.

First, it 'seems' like its akin to the taibolo's axle, but when you use it you realize there is a 'ridge' which means the axle isn't flush with the hubs.

That ridge causes my typhoons to go crooked almost all the time. Its like I have a wide axle, but I have a narrow axle right in the middle which means I lose that benefit.

edit: is this the first 'discussion' diabolo.ca has had about a diabolo in a long time?

Ahh, thats a deal breaker for me. The hub not being flush, thats a bit upsetting!
In which case. Epics are probably gonna be my pick!

Duncan, can you tell me a brief comparison from Epics to Sundia Suns?
And Taibolos?
Thank you all so much!

(And not sure! I haven't been around in a little. I just got really back into diabolo. And I'm quite happy about it!)

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »
Let me clarify my statement 'crooked'. By going crooked, I mean I often have to correct every 10 seconds or so in a 2 or 3d shuffle. Its not an automatic thing, and its not like other diabolos don't do this as well. But for me, my typhoons were going crooked often enough that I spent most of my time being frustrated with them.

That said, they're very light, the spin about as long as my heavy suns (around 45-50 seconds after Chinese whip accelerations), and the cups are okay (mine had suicide edges, but I'd just avoid doing arm orbits to save my delicite skin.

Also, I can't compare the Epics to the Suns because I don't have a set of Epics yet (next on my wish list). I'm told they're similar kinds of cups, however.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »
Well, I'm gonna take the plunge and I'll let you know then! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk