Author Topic: Question about sundia's products  (Read 1972 times)

vertaxguy

Question about sundia's products
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:28:14 am »
I've seen some sites that are selling these replacement hubs for sundia fly. Do they fit into sundia shining triple bearing one? If they do, how do I remove the hubs from the triple bearing axle?

question #2
Has anybody used sundia's led sticks and how do they play. How good are they for suicides etc. plus do they last long?

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Question about sundia's products
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:56 am »
Yes you can change them. Some new hubs have round hole instead of old square ones. So in some cases you might have to modify the hub. If you have hubs I can show how it works the next time we meet. Kumiankka has also hubs in stock if you haven't got what you want. Let me know if you would like me to bring some from work... I think I have them in red, blue, black and white.

Basically you just unscrew the nub and remove cup. After that you can remove the "spider" part and then pull hub off.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

vertaxguy

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »
Good news. Well I noticed kumiankka-shop has them :) if I can get some euros for next week's meeting, I could buy couple pairs of white hubs (I hate shipping) to add style to my sundia. I changed carbon washers into metal ones and vice versa with my old sun. The old sun has different cups though, and the hubs are bigger.

I got the cups off, but I didn't get the "spider" part..? If you can please show me a pic of it so I can get hang of it. Or show me next week Now I get it, the small black thingy, hard to get off.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »
Yep, that part. Put screwdriver under it and lift, then put it on other side and do the same. Keep doing until it pops out. ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

vertaxguy

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »
When I bought the diabolo I though it was tight, but not literally :D
It's a lot harder to pull out the stock hub out of the axle  ::)