Author Topic: Finesse Generation #2  (Read 59746 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« on: November 08, 2004, 05:53:04 pm »
Arjan brought up the second generation of Finesses in the FAQ as has been discussed on jongle.net. I thought I'd put my mildly adequate bilingual skills to use for those of you who don't speak French and are curious. Here's a summary of what we know about the new finesses from this article on jongle.net, and mainly based on Priam's review:

-Priam and Vux travelled to the Babache factory [I've been there too - it's a cool place 8)] to test out the Finesse generation 2 diabolos.

-The edge of the finesses has been rounded to prevent the inevitable scaring of ones arms that has been customary in the past.

-The diabolos appear to accelerate faster making tricks such as the sprinkler easier.

-The weight is basically the same, but the feel is different enough that you wouldn't want to use one of each for two diabolos - mainly because of the rotational inertia difference.

-The diabolos are more stable. For example: tapping the diabolos with the sticks to make corrections while doing 3 high (:shock:) is easier than with the original finesses, as is correcting 3 low.

-All the axle "evolutions" will remain compatible.

-The diabolos are ready and will be sold as soon as the original finesses are sold from stores' shelves.

-Priam believes that these diabolos will make the transition from Circus to Finesse smoother.

-Other news: Babache will release some new handsticks for Chistmas which will be aluminum but similar to the handsticks they were showing at EJC that were see-through.

-Other news: Babache has 2 new "industry secrets" that will be released in 2005. [What could these be!? I just want the ball-bearing axles released! :)]

kragen

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 03:53:11 pm »
Im going to order 2 finesse fairly soon (within 2-3 weeks) do you think they will be the new or old type?
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

seán_

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 04:44:54 pm »
Quote from: kragen
Im going to order 2 finesse fairly soon (within 2-3 weeks) do you think they will be the new or old type?

Chances are unless you check you will get the old type which are fine but if I had the choice, all things being equal, I'd want the new and improved versions. there will probably be some stock of the old type to get through before some shops start punting out the new versions.

Seán_

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 05:04:17 pm »
and recently there's been some talk on jongle.net about how the juggling stores have no clue about the new generation finesses. It seems Babache is trying to keep this low key and pretend nothing happened. The only reason it's a big deal is because Priam and Vux travelled to the factory and told us about them. Apparently you wouldn't even be able to tell there's a difference unless you carefully inspected them side by side. So, most juggling stores may not even know if they have new or old stock.

Thank goodness the Henrys Circus hasn't changed in how many years now?... over 10 years I believe.

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 05:09:58 pm »
Same problem here, in the Netherlands. Arjan and me really want the gen 2 Finesses, but our local juggling shops didn't knew there were any new Finesses... Is it a big problem if I buy the gen1? Because, now I lost hope and I really would like to buy 2 whities!  :?  HELP?!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 05:15:51 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Is it a big problem if I buy the gen1?

Well I haven't tried the generation 2's. There certainly is nothing wrong with the first generation, but... I don't think you want to buy generation 1's now because you will never be able to match those diabolos in the future when you start doing 3 (or 4!?) diabolos. ;) There has also been talk that the new version of finesses was released so that the ball bearing axle would work. The problem may have to do with the ball bearing axles creating enough heat to melt the current setup.

The guys on jongle.net who have tried the generation 2's all seem to agree that there is enough of a difference that you would not want to diabolo regularly with one of each, or two of one and one of the other.

So, I would wait... there's no rush. Remember that there are many excellent diaboloists (probably the majority right now) who prefer the circus or other diabolos to the finesse. You'll survive. ;)

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 05:35:54 pm »
Well, I have to be patient then (BUT I'M NOT!! :-p) And save some money, so I can buy Diabology, MB handsticks (maybe), and some yellow string (run out of that) at the same time. :wink:

by the way: At the moment I'm using 2 Henrys Circus.

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 05:48:51 pm »
Yeah I`m waiting for those diabolo`s to come... also for diabology, and a few other things (ball-bearing axle and those sticks)
I`m patience for now...  :D  *hyper*

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 05:50:26 pm »
Quote from: Arjan
Yeah I`m waiting for those diabolo`s to come... also for diabology, and a few other things (ball-bearing axle and those sticks)

Ever noticed that *everything* we're waiting for in the diabolo world has something to do with Mister Babache?  :roll:

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 05:51:29 pm »
(Is Diabology a product of MB?) But yeah, that's a good point Sean!

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 05:53:08 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
(Is Diabology a product of MB?)

Yes. They are the distributors and sponsors.

seán_

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 04:05:09 am »
Quote from: Sean

Ever noticed that *everything* we're waiting for in the diabolo world has something to do with Mister Babache?  :roll:

Well maybe If they just stuck to their guns like Henry's have and believed that what they have designed years ago can not possibly be improved upon so why bother... ;) *

*ok the new teflon cones, the lightkits and the ocaisional new handsticks

Seán_

MattF

Re: Finesse Generation #2 [translated notes from jongle.net]
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 08:40:28 pm »

Priam believes that these diabolos will make the transition from Circus to Finesse smoother.

Could someone explain that one to me in greater detail please? Does it mean going from using Henry's Circus to using MB Finesse?

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Finesse Generation #2 [translated notes from jongle.net]
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 08:58:11 pm »
Quote from: MattF
Priam believes that these diabolos will make the transition from Circus to Finesse smoother.
Could someone explain that one to me in greater detail please? Does it mean going from using Henry's Circus to using MB Finesse?

Yes. Many people are reluctant to switch to the MB Finesse because they are familiar with the Henrys Circus and find the transition hard. In other words, the characteristics of the new Finesse, in terms of stability and spin length, are closer to that of the Henrys Circus.

Sean

MattF

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 07:25:32 am »
Oh i see, cheers for the info Sean. I have heard some talk of a bearing axel. I take it this will be an after market add-on for the finesse.

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2004, 03:21:36 pm »
Did anyone see the new finesses jet? I just called my local juggle shop, the maybe have them (the guy on the phone didn`t know their name).
He was talking about a red diabolo with a black edge...  :?  I so hope those diabolo`s are in stock soon, but not all with a black edge  :x

Nah the guy wasn`t talking about finesses.. *edit*

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 11:11:23 pm »
Hey, recently at the Dutch forum there also was a topic about the Finesses gen2. Someone phoned the juggle-store in Amsterdam ( www.juggle-store.com ) but the guy from the shop said he didn't knew at all there was something like a generation 2! So that guy from the shop called the supplier in Germany and the supplier said they wouldn't release the Finesses2, because the Finesses2 weren't much improved by contrast of the 1st generation...! So it isn't going to be available to public.. :(  :(  :(
Priam (or someone else): Do you know something more about this? We like to know more :!:

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 11:16:16 pm »
Yeah.. by this time there should be something cleared out... I so bad want to see some pictures  :?:   :roll:

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 11:33:04 pm »
I don't think they will have any choice eventually. My understanding is that the finesse generation 1's are no longer made. Once that stock runs out all that will be left will be generation 2's. Maybe he meant that they weren't going to supply stores with generation 2's before they ran out of 1's. On jongle.net someone was asking about photos. The general thought is that there is no point to a photo... if you've seen a generation 1 you know what a generation 2 looks like... just imagine the edges rounded a bit. ;)

The big difference is in stability and rotational inertia.

Patience, patience everyone - speed is not one of the Mister Babache company's virtues!  :lol:

Sean

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 11:37:28 pm »
Yes indeed... photo`s have no point... but still :) No Mr.B`s value is not his speed with things... also not their website... it`s their products whic are so damn good.