Author Topic: Finesse Generation #2  (Read 58147 times)

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004, 11:32:57 pm »
So does anyone know anything more about the generation 2 Finesses?  I want to get two Finesses, but I'm wondering if I should wait.  If the new ones are still going to be released then maybe I won't add two Finesses to my Christmas list.  Also, does anyone know about the MB handsticks and when they might be available?  If only they were available before Christmas!  Thanks,

Julian

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2004, 11:41:17 pm »
The sticks, certainly next year... The finesses... I have no idea... But I`m sure they will come out, when some people allready gotten them, those are certainly not prototypes I think, but machine produced diabolo`s. Prototypes costs lot`s of money... in general.

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2004, 05:42:25 am »
I tried out some generation 2's at the WJF. There is a significant difference from the generation 1's. The new sticks are great too and will be released with 2 end pieces so you can have two sets of string.

The only visible difference between the generation 2's and generation 1's is on the edge. The generation 2's have a rounder edge and a double ridge on the end. In these 2 photos the white one is a generation 2 with a normal axle and the red one is a generation 1 with a wide axle.

Baptiste, si tu pense que le diabolo blanc ressemble un de ton diabolos... tu es correct. Merci. ;)

Sean

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2004, 01:56:06 pm »
Thnx Sean! Wasn`t the gen2 also a little bit higher?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2004, 06:25:11 pm »
i think thats just an optical illusion becuase of the colours

seán_

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2004, 06:47:25 pm »
Will MB be releasing the gen 2 in white for us mortals or will it be a special order type deal again?

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2004, 07:18:07 pm »
Actually the moon (glow in the dark) diabolo was a special order one, but the white is not different from the rest. I`m dying to get black finesses thoug, and mix them with whites so you get a ying-yang type of theme.

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2004, 07:44:04 pm »
I don't think it is Mr. Babache's decision to make any of their colours special order. It's just that many shops don't carry the pink, white, or moon diabolos because they think they will sell less of them. Babache makes the initial price for the moon diabolos higher as well.

Personally I'm thinking of jumping on the Thomas Dietz bandwagon and buying my props in bright pink (the colour of his juggling balls). Anyone willing to follow? ;)

The white and red diabolos above are the same size. The point I'm trying to make with the pictures is that the only visible difference is in the end and edge. That is how you can tell if you are looking at gen 1s or 2s. The big difference is in the stability.

Sean

seán_

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2004, 08:00:58 pm »
Quote from: Sean
I don't think it is Mr. Babache's decision to make any of their colours special order. It's just that many shops don't carry the pink, white, or moon diabolos because they think they will sell less of them. Babache makes the initial price for the moon diabolos higher as well.

I have never seen white for sale (having said that I dont think I have ever seen any finesse for sale at any convention other than at Bristol where I bought mine)

Quote from: Sean

Personally I'm thinking of jumping on the Thomas Dietz bandwagon and buying my props in bright pink (the colour of his juggling balls). Anyone willing to follow? ;)

Sean

Well I have a pastel pink circus given to me by Laura at my juggling club...

cdw06

finesse generation 2 purchase locations
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2004, 02:14:43 am »
Does anyone know any websites were i can buy the generation 2 finesse in the U.S. I dont wanna do money exchange so any sites that buy in USD would be awsome thanks.
"Death would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan

kragen

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 05:50:37 pm »
yeah, I too have NEVER seen a white finesse.... which is a shame because I know someone who is after one (or was - they settled with a green one in the end).
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2004, 06:08:03 pm »
Ask any store that carries finesses. Most stores are willing to order a specific colour for you with their next shipment if you ask. That's how I got my white finesses.

The stores I've talked to don't carry white because they don't think it will sell well. It's not as bright and exciting and easy to sell to the general public.

Sean

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 08:40:10 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has any new news about the gen2 Finesses, like if they will ever be in production or not?  I really want to switch to Finesse, but I don't want to buy old ones if the new ones are going to be released eventually.  Well, any insights?  Thanks.

Julian

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2005, 08:16:55 pm »
Well, here is my news: I HAVE 2 RED FINESSES G2!!!  \:D/

I went to a jugglingconvention in the Netherlands this weekend (8-9 jan). I asked a jugglingshop which went there to, if they could order 2 Finesses for me! I didn;t ask for any new stuff (like 2nd generation)... I did asked for whites, but they said they don't excist.... :? ah well, 2 reds were fine to.

When the stand finally was set up, I payed my stuff, which I ordered (so it was specially for me :wink: ) and then I saw it were G2's !!! Arjan was there to, and he went just CRAZY :P So now I'm the proud owner of 2 Finesses G2 with the wide axles.

Arjan felt the difference compared to his old finesses. They are better balanced and felt nicer with Arjan's S-fan. The edges are much better to! Price €30,80. Weight (with normal axle): 246 grams. Weight (with wide axle): 256 grams.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2005, 09:48:11 pm »
You lucky bastard!!!  :wink:
Well... I have touched them!!!  :D

The diabolo`s are great! Can`t wait to get me some.

Paul

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2005, 11:45:08 pm »
Its not fair!!! I want some Gen 2's!!!!!!!!!  Does anybody know of anywhere in Britain where I can order some from?

ta
Peace

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2005, 03:40:01 pm »
Extra information: Price €30,80. Weight (with normal axle): 246 grams. Weight (with wide axle): 256 grams.

Mattias

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2005, 05:47:58 pm »
Is that 30.80€ with our without wide axles and if not how much do a wide axle cost?

They look really cool, look like you could put 2 fingers in width in there :)
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Martijn

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2005, 01:30:00 pm »
That's the price without the wide axles. One wide axle cost €9,50 (same axles as for the G1)
One finger is possible, but 2? :P

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2005, 12:53:33 pm »
Hey Guys,

For any of you interested in gettinng some G2's from the UK, Airtime (Mine and Norbi's local juggling shop) is getting some in pretty soon, and also Diabology, for those of you who haven't got it yet -

http://www.airtime.uk.com/index.htm Keep checking for updates.

:D

Take it easy!

Matt