Author Topic: The winter slow down / summer speed up  (Read 26718 times)

Rîkû

The winter slow down / summer speed up
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 06:03:51 pm »
Here in Finland is WINTER now  :cry:

Loriot

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 07:48:49 pm »
The weather in germany is the same as in the netherlands. It looks very good and it is a tiny bit sunny, but when you go outdoors you aren't really able to do some nice things with the diabolos like genocides or other stuff. To practise two or three diabolos is nearly impossible, because of the wind.

frank0072

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 08:12:00 pm »
Glad to be not alone in this, but it just sucks so badly. I really wanted to practice my 2 high (yes, I know, I should be able to do it by now), but the wind just blows them away. My record is 7 catches. How bad is that :s
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

jelen

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 12:33:28 am »
I'm sure this post is going to make you jelous, but this weekend in spain it was really sunny with no wind, I went to granada in the south to a convention and we had 25ºc it was really nice!!! yeah the winter is over!!

Rîkû

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 12:19:25 pm »
Argh... Here in Finland winter have been for almost 5 months!  :x

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2006, 12:50:01 pm »
it's getting pretty nice here and I managed some sick siteswaps like 3401501 (both 01's are priams aerial whip) and 5300 and lots others.
It's great :D

fredo

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2006, 07:14:47 pm »
Spring's come to Gemany, finally!!! It becomes warmer every day and playing outside is OK

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2006, 05:50:58 am »
Quote from: J_J777
it's getting pretty nice here and I managed some sick siteswaps like 3401501 (both 01's are priams aerial whip) and 5300 and lots others.
It's great :D

why do 5300 when you can just do 420 :P

Martijn

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 07:35:22 am »
Maybe he just likes 720s :wink:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 12:47:10 pm »
I like them both but a 720 is harder  :wink: I've done things like seeing how many 330's I can link together without a 2.  My record is 5.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2006, 04:44:53 pm »
Spring is finally here got 10ott's with three low because of the nice weather.
Behind your back is your front.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2006, 04:48:24 pm »
Yes, it's been looking good round here today.  Hopefully it'll still be this good over the weekend.  I'm looking forward to being able to get outside in the evenings again.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2006, 08:58:28 pm »
Mot so much a slow down as a complete stop for me............ for good reason though, just became a dad for the second time (now have a four day old son to add to the 2yr old daughter)  :D

Needless to say, the diabolo's are now gathering dust (other than my daugter building towers with them).

Hoping to be allowed out once a week for jugging club but other than that nothing for a while.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

frank0072

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2006, 12:17:22 am »
Quote from: nev
Mot so much a slow down as a complete stop for me............ for good reason though, just became a dad for the second time (now have a four day old son to add to the 2yr old daughter)  :D

Needless to say, the diabolo's are now gathering dust (other than my daugter building towers with them).

Hoping to be allowed out once a week for jugging club but other than that nothing for a while.

well, congrats then! Getting a child is more exiting/wonderfull then juggling, or so I have been told :)
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

seán_

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2006, 01:27:09 am »
Congratulations Nev,

Weathers a bit urgh here at the moment but I now have access to an indoor space. If any of the Ponte lot were woried about the weather for tommorow that might be an option!

Rîkû

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006, 01:59:10 pm »
Finally I could go outside and play diabolo, but our yard is bad place to practice diabolo....  :?

john_s

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006, 03:38:34 pm »
i think it's time for me to move outside soon too, considering that the people living above me just hammered down on my ceiling after a few drops on my floor. surely it's not that loud? i have to practice, it's actually part of my job to learn new diabolo and juggling skills!

oh well, summer isn't too far away now.

/john

WillieWonka(swe)

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 04:09:41 pm »
Yay!! the summer has is here in sweden! With 15 degrees out and no wind its made for diabolo!!

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2006, 06:19:37 pm »
Oh yes, finaly there are some nice spots where the snow has melted. It wasn't too easy to find dry places. But anyways it was great to get outdoors.
I even had some trys with 2 high. Not too much succes, but couple of times when I got +5 catches felt just awsome. I had great fun today.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2006, 12:30:28 am »
I've got the opposite problem.  I just came back inside very frustrated.
The return of spring here in the american south means the return of the humidity that plays havoc with my string. Imagine working on vertax when the whipping actually slows down the diabolo!