Author Topic: The winter slow down / summer speed up  (Read 25632 times)

Matt_

• Donator
The winter slow down / summer speed up
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2006, 06:48:59 am »
san francisco is really moist too, but not as bad as the South. i notice changes in my diabolo feel as the weather changes..

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2006, 12:55:05 pm »
This is becoming 'The summer speed up' thread now.
Behind your back is your front.

William

• VotW Contributor
Bloody winter..
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:29 pm »
Quote from: guppygould
This is becoming 'The summer speed up' thread now.

It is, But down here in Australia, its coming to winter..(thank god it doesn't snow!) And everyone is going to get way better than me* while I'm sitting inside.. :cry:

*Most of the diaboloists on this forum probably are better than me anyway..
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Mr_Mistoffelees

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2006, 12:36:47 pm »
You get bad weather in Australia?  :o

I always thought it never got cold there  :lol:

And in response to an earlier post (much earlier) 6th form common rooms are bad place to do passing with someone who's not so good at diabolo, especially as there's almost no room above head height.  We managed to knock out an expensive speaker tile thing from the roof...  :roll:

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2006, 06:32:11 am »
Quote from: Mr_Mistoffelees
You get bad weather in Australia?

YEP! I live down in Tassie where it get fairly cold in winter (about 13 degree's C minimum  and up to 30 degrees C[Where in places like Alice springs it gets up to 43 degrees C! :shock: ])
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Kusti

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2006, 08:42:43 pm »
Winter in Finland is hell! I already broke 2 diabolos. They cracked because they freazed :). A little rain isn't even that bad, but when there's a 50 cm layer of snow on the ground.. Not possible to juggle outside at all :P. Anyway, summer's here! whee!

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2006, 09:24:46 pm »
Yeah, weather in Kuopio is just rocking right now.Warm and sunny, perfect for diaboloing. But what kind of diabolos were those that cracked in the winter? I don't want to break my circusses when its cold again (not soon hopefully)

Kusti

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2006, 04:29:46 pm »
I dont know what they were :). The centers were hard plastic. Not nearly as good as Henry's circus (Which I'm using now that I know better).

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2006, 04:37:47 pm »
Quote from: Kustiisi
I dont know what they were :). The centers were hard plastic. Not nearly as good as Henry's circus (Which I'm using now that I know better).

Mr. Babache Medium Harlequin  :wink:

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2006, 06:31:05 pm »
Quote from: Willzy

YEP! I live down in Tassie where it get fairly cold in winter (about 13 degree's C minimum  and up to 30 degrees C[Where in places like Alice springs it gets up to 43 degrees C! :shock: ])

13 degrees C! Thats not that cold.

William

• VotW Contributor
13 degrees is cold!!
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2006, 07:34:43 am »
Quote from: Willzy

13 degrees C! Thats not that cold.

Yes it is!! I hate it!!

frank0072

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2006, 07:47:24 am »
by the time it was 13 degrees C here I already put on my summer shorts and celebrated the coming of the summer :D
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2006, 08:38:38 am »
Quote from: frank0072
by the time it was 13 degrees C here I already put on my summer shorts and celebrated the coming of the summer :D

In England there are people topless in the pubs and having barbeques in that weather.

Kusti

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2006, 02:24:35 pm »
Quote from: dalezilla
Quote from: Kustiisi

Mr. Babache Medium Harlequin  :wink:

Yup! The parts that cracked were the center and the cups. :) The jugglingeq-shopkeeper of kuopio is telling all the juggler hachling kids that that diabolo is the way to go. Coz "it won't break even if you throw it to outer space". The plastic gets really fragile in minus celcius degrees, y'know.

William

• VotW Contributor
Lovely english weather! ..Not...
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2006, 01:19:21 pm »
In England there are people topless in the pubs and having barbeques in that weather.

Idiots.. :roll:  :lol:

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Re: The winter slow down / summer speed up
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2007, 04:58:29 pm »
Its that time again, winter draws in, the days get shorter and the weather gets steadily crapper. Personally i'd kill for a decent practice space right now because of the appalling English weather. We didn't have a summer so it'd at least be nice if we could have a decent winter. Anyone else being put down by the weather/winter.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2007, 05:07:01 pm »
it definitely sucks, I can only play in my room or once a week in a gym hall. Sadly the gym hall isnt even high enough to do 2d high
And it's been like that for 2 month now and will continue until march or april :P

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2007, 05:14:30 pm »
The one gym I'm able to practice at has their Christmas decorations littering the ceiling. If I try any 2 high, I run the risk of bringing most of them down.

Outside hasn't been too bad yet. I start off with numb fingers that warm up as I practice. The sun going down at 4pm in Scotland sucks though.

mellowscholar

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2007, 05:49:46 pm »
I'm getting really sick of the cold and rain in terms of practising. At least my room has 9 foot ceilings so I can do most things, but nothing high. Bath is good for old tall Georgian buildings.

pippy

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2007, 07:23:03 pm »
I havent practised properly for 2 weeks now... I try deperately to no avail... My circus skills club (30 mins a week... yeh it sucks but is gd for free) is cancelled for drama exams and I'm currently getting a 5 min session whilst walking home and if the rain stops I run outside for two seconds before it rains again...  I have henrys yellow to try out as well!!!  Mind you, I'm getting a Fly around Christmas so Santa better give me a warm couple of days to play with it grrr
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.