Author Topic: Equipment suggestion?  (Read 4063 times)

cdw06

Equipment suggestion?
« on: November 30, 2004, 03:31:22 am »
Can someone please browse this site and tell me what handsticks prefferably would be best. http://www.seriousjuggling.com/OP_Diabolos.htm I just started learning the art of diabolo's and the plastic ones that came with my jesters games diabolo are thick and uncomfy so any tips on all the best gear for someone my lvl would be grea (btw i dont want wood sticks lol) and any suggestions on a good choice of diabolo's on this site would be nice 2. thanks!
"Death would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan

Sean

• Administrator
Equipment suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 04:31:58 am »
Maybe the "[FAQ] Equipment" sticky at the top of the forum might be of help. ;)

Basically, get the Henrys aluminium or carbon fiber.

Sean

cdw06

Equipment suggestion?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 04:41:37 am »
which do you think would be more long lasting, i think i might like the flexibleness of the carbon and i hear the aluminum breaks the string alot and i do have a limited budget.
"Death would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan

Sean

• Administrator
Equipment suggestion?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 05:09:07 am »
I don't have much more to say than what is written in the FAQ. The aluminums may break string more often but you can easily just tie the string back on. If you break string with the carbons you're sunk. You've just lost a foot of string. The carbons waste more string each time too. The aluminums can bend, the carbons can snap. The carbons aren't really all that flexible, but neither are the aluminums.

Since neither is perfect, I suggest you give up and hold the string directly in your hands. Got it?

seán_

Equipment suggestion?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 06:19:27 am »
Quote from: Sean

Since neither is perfect, I suggest you give up and hold the string directly in your hands. Got it?

excellent idea. take a long piece of string and tie it in a loop. you can get it spinning really well this way

(other than that just get some wooden dowel, just like Norbi, Barnsey, Matt_H, me, JiBe, Guy Heathcote, and the majority of diabolists)

save the money you were going to spend on sticks and put it towards one of the better diabolos, they are the most important things

Sean

• Administrator
Equipment suggestion?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 07:25:01 am »
Quote from: seán_
save the money you were going to spend on sticks and put it towards one of the better diabolos, they are the most important things

Amen to that!

kragen

Equipment suggestion?
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 12:23:26 pm »
I dunno, I only have alumilium and wooden sticks, and with heavy diabolo I find the loss of flexibility between using wooden and alu sticks is enough to make a big difference doing things like chienese whipping (especialy with heavy diabolo).

All the same the diabolo is MUCH more important.

If you have the extra cash for new sticks and dont like your current sticks then it might be an idea, but from what ive seen sticks are really a preference thing, my suggestion is try different sticks and see what you like.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.