Author Topic: Length of string in absolute scale  (Read 2016 times)

Wis

Length of string in absolute scale
« on: January 22, 2014, 10:34:57 am »
Hi there,

Many times we have talked about the length of the string related to which part of the body, from foot height, it reaches: shoulder, chin, nipple, etc.
I was requested by a friend to ask people about which is their preferred sting length in absolute terms. I think it would be cool to have also the height of the person.

Wis
Height: 1.81cm
String length: 1.71cm aprox
I will edit and add the length of the string when I am able to measure it properly.

Cheers

Edit: I use it for 1,2,3d. And it is this long because Clement complained during this EJC, a year ago it was 15 cm shorter, and I feel more comfortable now
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

tyson_11

Re: Length of string in absolute scale
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:14 am »
I like this a lot. I think its something we've all wondered but never have been bothered to ask about. Perhaps we can also state what we prefer to practice eg 3d/4d or integrals etc because i know my string length has changed a lot in accordance with what im learning and my skill level. I think it will be a good reference for everyone.

troposfera.net

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:38:16 pm »
Nice Idea!!

Dídac
Height: 161cm
String length: 104cm

I use it for:  1, 2 and 3 (high and low)

:)
troposfera.xyz
pervertidors de l'aire

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »
@Wis

Before it's too late, can we turn this into a proper formular (googledocs?) and then extract interesting statistics about it. How strong is the correlation between height and string-length, for instance.

I could help.
D.
Rooted diabolist.

Wis

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 02:09:09 pm »
Thanks a lot Dani for the form. Please, feel it in. And feel free to additionally post here so the post do not sink among the multiple updates of other threads :) .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ATuOdD5LjzINBumaIzHWqwrjpy_ln3wH1idNclrmmBQ/viewform?edit_requested=true
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »
Cool idea. I don't have anything to measure precisely here but I can give a rough estimate.

William
Height: 1.86cm
String length: 1.45cm

A bit on the short side I think, I sometimes struggle with some body combos or 3d tricks. But overall it's what I'm most confortable with, I hate it when the sticks hit the ground during stick releases and a shorter length makes it easier to avoid. I use the same length for everything.

Answered on the doc aswell. It wouldn't let me keep the 4low option blank though, but I would be using this length for it too I guess

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:35 pm »
I might do this, but I'll put it off for now.
Sorry for my awful posts years ago. I was even more anal and un-self-aware than i am now.