Author Topic: Circus diabolo with plastic hubs  (Read 1528 times)

Politiepet

Circus diabolo with plastic hubs
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:45 pm »
Hi,

I was thinking about buying the Henry's Circus diabolo.
Apparently the new version has plastic hubs instead of aluminium ones.
This results in a weight reduction of 30 grams and they are better with alu sticks.

I couldn't find any reviews of the new version, wether it's good and all that.
Does anybody have the new version? And if so can anybody tell me if the alu hubs or plastic hubs are better?

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: Circus diabolo with plastic hubs
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »
The Circus diabolo's plastic/teflon hubs are very good and have been an 'option' for Circus users for a long time now. Many diaboloists would switch to plastic hubs immediately upon purchase. Here's an old thread on the various axles/hubsfrom 2004 that should fill you in: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=32.0

Whether they're 'better' depends on preference. Some people used aluminum hubs exclusively, while others wouldn't dare touch the things. For me, plastic hubs are much better because the reduced weight is much better for my wrists/shoulders.

Circuses (Circi?) also have other modifications available, such as JC's hubs, which have kept them in use even when diabolos from Taiwan and Japan started to become really popular in the west.

Politiepet

Re: Circus diabolo with plastic hubs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:33:13 am »
Thank you, I did hear of people choosing different hubs but not that many favored them

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk