Author Topic: Sundia EVOLUTION Diabolos  (Read 27069 times)

kyoflow16

Re: Sundia EVOLUTION Diabolos
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 02:32:45 am »
I'm guessing Sundia is quite your thing eh? bahaha!

I honestly light heavy sticks, light diabolo, grippy string.
People say Epics play super light, and That peaked my interest.
Originally, I wanted the ICY and the Nimbles, funny how that works!
I may get the Icy with the Triple Competition bearing. Those new Competition bearings look super nice, with the smaller diameter bearing.

How are the Vertex Stick grinds with the ICY material?
And what Models have this washer? I love the way they look, MUCH more than the Carbon then the nut. Do you know what they're called?
They Do vertex grinds MUCH more nicely!

lol in taiwan its super humid so we use very slippy string to make up for it. also i use deos sticks for all 1d and 2d work since i like their weight for integrals. for 3d i use sundia carbons to reduce fatigue since the grips are softer.
i didnt try vertax stick grinds with the icy material so i have no idea how that would work out. i tested icy mainly for multiple diabolo work to see how the surface responded to corrections and how the weight felt.

as far as those washers go, i believe they come with the fixed axel diabolos only...for any kind of bearing diabolo, you must use carbon fiber or steel washers. though if you want plastic washers for the sake of the weight drop, these will fit with a bearing axel:

kyoflow16

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 02:41:41 am »
heres a top view of all my diabolos for reference as far as washer type:

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 10:18:51 am »
Picture of Tony Frebourg made me laugh.

That's all.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Vyckinis

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 10:50:04 am »
yeah... Looking ugly as fhell. And those so-called gold color is more like friday-puke color... IMO.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 04:12:26 pm »
That's super depressing to me. I HATE, absolutely DESPISE the way those plastic washers look :/

And Dang, You have one Beautiful collection. I admit. I do not like red, but Sundia knows a good red.
The EVO golds don't look as nice as they could, I do agreed. They should have gone for a more metallic sheen, rather than a greenish yellow.

The EVO's looj like they have a GREAT Washer/nut thing... I hope those fit other Sundia. If they do. I am so ordering some Sundia Triple comp bearing diabolos. Probably the Icys
And getting those washers on the side to replace em.

And as for 2D/3D
I actually like heavier sticks and shorter string for 3D.
Shorter than my 1 and 2D, which is odd. I sorta just make do with the same length, as Tricks feel better with a tad longer string.
Heavy sticks with light diabolos, makes 3D feel.. Stronger I guess? Hard to explain.

kyoflow16

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 03:13:37 am »
yeah... Looking ugly as fhell. And those so-called gold color is more like friday-puke color... IMO.

to each his own opinion. i for one believe form follows function, and that they dont look half bad with the silver bands:

That's super depressing to me. I HATE, absolutely DESPISE the way those plastic washers look :/

And Dang, You have one Beautiful collection. I admit. I do not like red, but Sundia knows a good red.
The EVO golds don't look as nice as they could, I do agreed. They should have gone for a more metallic sheen, rather than a greenish yellow.

The EVO's looj like they have a GREAT Washer/nut thing... I hope those fit other Sundia. If they do. I am so ordering some Sundia Triple comp bearing diabolos. Probably the Icys
And getting those washers on the side to replace em.

And as for 2D/3D
I actually like heavier sticks and shorter string for 3D.
Shorter than my 1 and 2D, which is odd. I sorta just make do with the same length, as Tricks feel better with a tad longer string.
Heavy sticks with light diabolos, makes 3D feel.. Stronger I guess? Hard to explain.

addressing the gold color, its that color due to the material used. its not the classic shiny sundia material.

as for the evo washer/nut, it's also for fixed bearings only...

but thats interesting that you use shorter string for 3D. i use much longer string for 3D. im working on 4D (progress is slow compared to my other friends back in taiwan...) so i find it hard to fit that many diabolos on any shorter string

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 10:20:50 pm »
I like that SILVER. The Blue is so gorgeous as well.
I'm the Yin to your yang. all about the cool toned blues!

And Shorter string x heavy sticks = more control imo!
only like a bit less than an inch. not really much more than that.
That was to get a hold of the shuffle mainly. For tricks. Regular length!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 09:49:49 am »
I've had these in the UK since before Xmas but unfortunately not for sale in this part of the world until the design protection was in place (too many copies of previous Sundia designs).

I've had a good chance to put the Evo through testing and I can say in my honest opinion that they really do play extremely well.  They weigh only 250g but are more stable and maintain spin better than any other comparable Diabolo I own (and i own a LOT).

The design protection is finally done and these are now cleared for European sale.
http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=260
Very limited stock of the gold version - most were reserved for the Asian market so there are only a handful in Europe.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Graham Milligan

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 10:01:34 am »
Do they only come in that one colour? interested in buying one to give it a go but dont really want to spend £35 if its gonna be that colour
Some Craic!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 10:09:09 am »
Regular production colours are Red Green & Blue and will be available as soon as they arrive in the UK in a week or two.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Graham Milligan

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 08:29:21 pm »
cool!
Some Craic!

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »
I'm very eager to try these out! I hope they work well.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

nev

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 03:38:46 pm »
Regular colours are in stock now

MBg4

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 09:24:48 pm »
http://www.yoyosam.com/p-2351-sundia-evo-or-evolution-diabolo.aspx
They're being sold here! (Friendlier shipping from where I live)

jhonzon

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 11:21:18 am »
They look awesome looking forward to testing them. It would be nice to have a review do =P (marco=P)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 09:04:33 am »
Haha, I'll see what I can do review wise ;) will be doing one in Finnish anyways so might as well translate it...

nev

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 10:38:32 am »
I could do a review, but I'm probably not the best person to do so given my vested interest - better to wait for some unbiased objective opinions

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 08:38:10 am »

Got them!  ::)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 04:04:48 pm »
Shouldn't the inertia ring be at the widest part, near to the rim?
Rooted diabolist.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »
I agree that it should be in the rim. However that's also the place where diabolo gets most of the hits. This would cause lot of stress on the metal. The way I see it, this is currently a compromise between durability and inertia.

Also the other way around if it would indestructable diabolo, like a wolverine of diabolos,  destroy everything it hits.