Author Topic: Sundia EVOLUTION Diabolos  (Read 27716 times)

nev

• Donator
Re: Sundia EVOLUTION Diabolos
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2015, 01:30:01 am »
That's a nice impartial review Ronnie - Thanks for finding the time to talk about these.

I won't give a review as such simply because I am a seller of Sundia and want to remain impartial, but I'll give some technical clarification on some points you raised...

The turn you talk about when you catch some other Diabolos off axle was very much a consideration in the design of the Evo - the aircraft grade aluminium side parts to the axle and the hubs are designed to minimise string friction if you catch off axle while the stainless steel central part (the bit the string is in contact with most) provides durability - and the cups have also been given special treatment to minimise string / stick friction - they come out of the mould shiny and smooth but are then sandblasted as a secondary treatment to reduce string friction and keep everything much more stable and make corrections much easier.  The end result is a Diabolo which is both relatively lightweight at 250g but also stays in line and maintains stability and spin much better than the previous offerings and is more stable than much heavier diabolos.

I'm not the best at integrals either but given that they have exceptional stability and the ability to hold spin at very low speeds ive been told by some very good intergral players who have tried them that although they were primarily designed for numbers they work extreamly well for this purpose also

Basically the Sundia EVO was designed from scratch (money no object) to offer the best possible technical fixed axle Diabolo available at any money today! - It was designed and manufactured by people who are very good at, and care very much about progressing Diabolo - even the people who work the machines in the factory are world class Diabolo players!

Edit - I can definitely say these are simply superb for long 2d combos - that one i do know ;)

www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

JT

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2015, 03:14:47 am »
I really enjoy these over the others I have tried. Good for numbers as everyone has established. Initially I was worried that since they are smaller it would be too similar to using the crappy commercial brands (yoho here in Australia) however the stability is up with the others, if not better. The size actually makes my string feel longer and gives me more room, which is great for 3+. Also less exhausting for longer practice sessions. My Tiabolos feel fat by comparison.

Regarding integrals. I personally haven't noticed a difference between diabolos. Stick and string seems to be the main contributing factor for integrals. Stability for me is rarely an issues, I usually mess up for another reason. Relative weight might also be a problems (too heavy sticks and a light diabolo is a pain for me). Stability may become an issue for some longer 2d combos but I can't say.

Jordan.

MBg4

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2015, 05:10:04 pm »
 I ordered 4 last night for 32 Canadian Dollars (22.50 euro) each! Some sort of sale that was going only t'il last night. Am I gonna be experiencing this "new axle" bearing feel and does it go away once broken in? I hope I like them more than I would've liked epics.

Sam.w

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2015, 01:22:43 am »
I have a few questions for you guys...
would you recommend this diabolo
what is the weight and size
and I saw all those pictures of the other diabolos up there and I don't know what websites to look on to get new diabolos so basically what are the websites that you use to get new diabolos

ASamJ2K

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2015, 02:33:58 am »
hey MBg4,
Did you get your evos? if you did what do you think of theme
Diabolo lets me be me

Wis

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2015, 08:33:22 am »
Hi Sam.w

I would like to recommend you to read this thread, it is a bit old (note to oneself update it, I accept volunteers to help :) ) but it will give you a very great feeling of what differentiates diabolos
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3166.msg38358#msg38358
and read a bit around here, it is normal to feel confused at the beginning do not worry
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3.msg3#msg3

Once done that I would suggest to read about the following diabolos (use the search feature of the forum, up and right corner of the website, and read some titles of the Gear board): Taibolos v2, Sundia EVO and previous, Epic diabolos, Circus, and Finesse. Any of these is very good, although some are better.

About the weight of the diabolos this is something that can be found in maximum 3 minutes using google. But let me help you this time:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sundia+EVOLUTION+weight

About the selling websites, we usually do not list them in the forum. You can PM somebody if you want advice, but it should be easy to go to google, check the price of the diabolo, check the shipping cost, take a calculator and choose the cheapest for a given diabolo. We can also discuss whether we want to list hem or not. Maybe it is a good idea.

If after this you have questions that are not related to Sundia EVOs better create a new thread, or look for an existing one that contains the info you are looking for.

Welcome, good luck, and have fun
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Sam.w

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2015, 11:44:38 pm »
I GOT MINE  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
i love them the are very good for numbers and gain speed really quickly the axles are a bit slick at the beginning but i think they will get better and plus they look sick i would recommend them also i ordered them from higgins brothers and they came in 3 days so for anyone in canada i would recommend ordering from there because they come so fast. there is not many diabolos on there website but just email them and ask because they have a lot just not on the website