Author Topic: [VIDEO REQUEST] 4 diabolo hover  (Read 7201 times)

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
[VIDEO REQUEST] 4 diabolo hover
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:19:10 am »
Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot of 4 diabolo starts where people enter hover, without running 3 diabolos in one hand. My problem is just that I can't figure out how you get the 4th diabolo wrapped in your hand while running 3? (Kinda like Dixie's start)

Can anybody upload a video of their method of starting 4, from starting the 1st diabolo to the 4 diabolo hover?

Just a short clip ;)
-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

nickbonnes

Re: [VIDEO REQUEST] 4 diabolo hover
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:42:31 am »
The Dixie start is Guiliaume`s start, I think that the best start the hover is, Robin`s hover/stall start or high to low.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:05 pm »

No it's not.

I'm wondering how he gets his diabolo up here, and manage to start 3d? Perhaps you could help me out here Dixie?

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

nickbonnes

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:04:59 pm »
Ohh, you mean those start  :P
My apologize, but did you ever practice 4 low?
Its just what you like, but i cant do 4 low, I think that the best start high to low and the hover, Ive practice 3 low practice from high to low too.
Success!

Valerian

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:34:15 pm »
He uses the start from folker who developed this start!

So does it work:
-You shuffle 2 Diabolos.
-Give both sticks into the left hand
-Put the third Diabolo on the sticks between your thumb and one of the sticks
-Put the 4th Diabolo with your right hand into a wrap like with only 3 diabolos.
-Give the right stick with the 4th Diabolo into your right hand. (The 4th Diabolo is still between the right stick and your thumb)
-Now give the third Diabolo spin like with only 3 Diabolos and shuffle 3 Diabolos with the 4th Diabolo still between your right stick and you thumb
-Than you have to move your right hand with the 4th Diabolo forward and backwards and when you do the backwards move you have to put it into the string
-Now the 4th Diabolo is still between your thumb and on the stick but now there is the string over the 4th Diabolo.
-The last step is to slide the 4th Diabolo down and you are in the 4d hover and now you have to rock 4d low :D

Boa, that was exertive to describe this start haha
Hope you understand this a little bit what i wrote.

-Valerian
Peace!

vilihendrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 06:35:36 pm »
He uses the start from folker who developed this start!

So does it work:
-You shuffle 2 Diabolos.
-Give both sticks into the left hand
-Put the third Diabolo on the sticks between your thumb and one of the sticks
-Put the 4th Diabolo with your right hand into a wrap like with only 3 diabolos.
-Give the right sticks with the 4th Diabolo into your right hand. (The 4th Diabolo is still between the right stick and your thumb)
-Now give the third Diabolo spin like with only 3 Diabolos and shuffle 3 Diabolos with the 4th Diabolo still between your right stick and you thumb
-Than you have to move your right hand with the 4th Diabolo forward and backwards and when you do the backwards move you have to put it into the string
-Now the 4th Diabolo is still between your thumb and on the stick but now there is the string over the 4th Diabolo.
-The last step is to slide the 4th Diabolo down and you are in the 4d hover and now you have to rock 4d low :D

Boa, that was exertive to describe this start haha
Hope you understand this a little bit what i wrote.

-Valerian
thanks dude! that helped alot, i think that i'm slowly getting hang of this :)

Folkert

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 07:07:02 am »

This is the way we like to do it now. It's bad quality and it doesn't actually show the hover working well, but it should help :)

Folkert

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:57 am »
And just in case the wrap is confusing you:

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 02:43:44 pm »
All praises to Folkert for coming up with a way to do a hover start with 4 without having to be superhuman and able to run 3 in one hand. I still have not figure out how to make 3d-in-one-hand work.

Wis

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »
Such a nice tutorial, I think I will use it in a year or 2 :P
Seriously, really cool. Maybe this could go to Richard's tutorial website?
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 07:36:07 pm »
Here's something I filmed:

The first start is impractical, although I suppose it could be used to learn the wrap for the second one just in 1 hand not 2. I learned the hover in 2 days of intense practise, one day for the hover and one day for going into the shuffle (this was after I could do the 4D shuffle) and I did it for the first day with the first wrap because I heard someone doing it at ejc 2011. However after that I remember Folkert telling me about a wrap he invented and it worked like a charm, the diabolo had more speed and was at a better angle. The first wrap is a bit awkward to hold and, since it has no speed at the start, seems pointless however if someone is up for a challenge then give it a go!

It's just something I thought people might find interesting, go Folkert! And go Tyson too, that wrap you use looks really smooth!  ;)

SebiHausi

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:05 pm »
All praises to Folkert for coming up with a way to do a hover start with 4 without having to be superhuman and able to run 3 in one hand. I still have not figure out how to make 3d-in-one-hand work.

exactly, thanks a lot folkert, this was the only start that really worked well for me  :-D.
although i can do 3d1h easily i have got big problems with getting into the hover after i spin up the 4th diabolo with my right when i try this start.

tyson_11

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 12:57:21 am »
Cool wrap Ronnie. Thanks for the mention. Im curious as to whether anyone else has tried my entry?

Wis

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 08:46:00 am »
although i can do 3d1h easily
Video request! :P
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 11:26:51 am »

Wis