Author Topic: diabolo records  (Read 13098 times)

_Rezi

diabolo records
« on: November 16, 2005, 04:12:10 pm »
Hi, there is a lot of records in the world of juggling, but near no records with diabolo.
So, write here down your records and we can create a record list togethet.
Write an infinity type of tricks and times below
my project launching record is
SFAN:
12min 54s

eggy900

diabolo records
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 05:16:46 pm »
good idea, they are bringing out a book of juggling world records which i think has a diabolo section. It's on the firetoys news board somewhere. You can enter in for that if you have video evidence i think.

I wanna see some carzy endurance 2d shuffle, and furthest distance travelled with 2d shuffle. Also longest finger grind etc.

Spooned

diabolo records
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:32:59 pm »
Ok heres my contribution:
S-Fan: 13:52
Grind: 59s
Finger Grind: 19s
Longest Distance with 2: 1 mile give or take
Infinate suicide: 10:21

Other things id like to see:
Longest 2 high run
Longest 3 high run
Longest 4 high run
Highest throw (but confirmed)
Max. No. of Genocide rotations
Max. No. of excalibur Genocide rotations

etc
etc

:)

Be cool if an actual book was released
Diabolo or Diablo

Loriot

diabolo records
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:49:22 pm »
My record in three high is  35  :D .And two high I think nearly 75 or 80. I haven't count it yet. And my longest time I've played diabolo is 6 to 7 hours a day.

Matt_

• Donator
diabolo records
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 08:52:06 pm »
wasnt that video that Tijn released where trash set the record for 3low and tony set the record for 4 high sort of "official" in a way? so there you go for those records ;)

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 08:59:29 pm »
teh record of trash in 3 low is very tiring i won't try that lol

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 12:07:49 am »
3 high, the last time I counted (about a year ago), I got 60. other than that, no clue. carbon fibres (go us!) definitely have the advantage on infinite suicides. that's all I got
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Ben

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 06:48:10 am »
i won the diabolo high toss at ija this year  :D

heh yeah.. im no good at judging heights but if someone else was there i almost hit the ceiling of the atrium place and that was with a Harlequin because I hit the ceiling with a circus

:)

Smoky

diabolo records
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 07:46:37 am »
my longest run with 3 low is about 2 min.

_Rezi

diabolo records
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 10:35:51 am »
OH No, I have to run more time in sfan. I think I'll not feel my hands after that.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 11:57:44 am »
for information i've heard that bertrand have done 200 catch in 3 high :P

Bertrand

diabolo records
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:10:57 pm »
for information i've heard that bertrand have done 200 catch in 3 high

Yes I did.  But Jibe, Tony, Priam and others did more.  I heard that Jibe does 200 catches before each 3 high siteswap session  :shock: .  Is it true?

Martijn

diabolo records
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 01:13:05 pm »
That is very nice! Though, I heard that JiBe got 300 catches a long long time ago (when he was still practising a lot),so that's a little mroe :wink:

And how about Tony's 3 high record of 3:20 minutes? And what is more difficult: catches, or ... minutes? Heights of 3d caroussels can vary a lot...

For information, Trash's record for 3 low is 5:30 minutes. And the record from Tony in 4 high is 35 seconds / 65 catches. But I am sure he can do a lot more in training. Also check out this topic.

The record for 5 diabolo's is 10 throws / 5 catches, by Ryo.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Chiok

• Donator
diabolo records
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 03:24:36 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
The record for 5 diabolo's is 10 throws / 5 catches, by Ryo.
That's still amazing even if it is only a flash.  The fact that a 5 in high siteswap requires you to rocket it up pretty far, and then to do so 10 times without moving much.  

I would have imagined a longer 3 low record could be set with an async shuffle as it's not so harsh on just one arm (Trash's right in this case).  Care to try Bertrand?  

I'm sure Makky would have the record on most number of knot steals in one minute.  What about longest sprinkler?  Longest string used to diabolo?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

diabolo records
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 03:55:20 pm »
Yeah, longest sprinkler, and shortest and longest string ever used would be fun to know. Though I don't think it is possible to measure how many 'knot steals' you can do in one minute... But most catches in 2d shuffle in one minute could be a possible record (Dave P, fancy to try this? :wink:).

Chiok

• Donator
diabolo records
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 04:24:25 pm »
Donald Grant holds this record doesn't he?  I remember reading about how he attempted it on an episode of the UK show Record Breakers.  He was using Renegades.  But I definitely think Mr. Proctor would do very well at this.  Only problem is, who'll count it?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

barnesy

• Administrator
diabolo records
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 04:34:09 pm »
Put Dave down for cheesiest string climb too.

eggy900

diabolo records
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 06:54:47 pm »
furthest two person pass
most people in a passing chain
longest 3d passing
longest 5d passing
etc. etc.

Martijn

diabolo records
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 08:42:24 pm »
Yeah, we have to make a game out of 3d distance passing!! :D

Pete

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 10:17:03 pm »
I am trying for a 3 low record and i have been for ages.  I want to get the world record one day but somewhere i heard that Ryo Yabe could do 10 minutes of 3 low which frankly is really quite scary. Unfortunately i have not got around to timing an attempt yet. My watch has broken so whenever i'm in the mood for an attempt at school i have no means of timing it. I must time it at home soon.

Chiok i think that 3 low endurance record would be much harder in aynch as you run out of spin unless you acclerate which is another way of tiring yourself out and making things easier to miss. Also you would have to correct more often making things harder still because even the best mess up corrections occasionally.
This is just my opinion i would like to see what Bertrand has to say about this. He is much more experienced with aysnch than me (and 3 low in general really).
The tallest trees from acorns grow.