Author Topic: diabolo records  (Read 13636 times)

seán_

diabolo records
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 10:42:56 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
Put Dave down for cheesiest string climb too.

We'll see about that come Saturday

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 10:59:51 pm »
hum record of sun in 3 low 10 (think i can do more but don't even try lol)in a Run and 6 one after the other !!:D

Martijn

diabolo records
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 03:38:30 pm »
Therefor I think that longest synch and longest asynch 3d shuffle should be recorded as seperated records. And longest trick run is also nice :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 04:27:22 am »
I'll see what I can do for 522 w/ sun in a row, it's gotten better, but I haven't tried yet, we'll see, maybe tomorrow. just got 7 360s (2520) in a fan (it was an s-fan, and mine aren't great, so I don't know if this is impressive). No one's posted these yet, I guess people who can correct their s-fan could do one or two, then stop and correct, then repeat, though for the record, mine were in very quick succession, and I think that each 360 had 4 or 5 rotations, or 8-10 ott, with three on the left side and 1 or 2 on the right side. I think the most c-fan rotations (i'm pretty sure c-fan s-fan's are impossible) I've gotten is 3 or 4 (1080 or 1440), and if 3 then i've gotten very close to 4.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 02:17:01 am »
didn't want to say something I couldn't back up, so I just diaboloed for a while to try for a 1440 c-fan, and after getting quite close a few times, I finally got it.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

_Rezi

diabolo records
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 07:33:05 pm »
I think that Axel is the man who use the shortest string. see some movies of him
and you'll be astonished

Flo

diabolo records
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 09:10:21 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
...and shortest and longest string ever used would be fun to know.

I think it's no world record but I played with an about 10 meter long string, I also did 2 diabolos in it (though it only were about 6 catches).

And yeah, the string of Axel S. definitely is the shortest I've ever seen on stage (but yeah, he does a sprinkler in it :) )

cya sparx
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 09:27:58 pm »
what about jgherkins string thats got to be in the running.
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

diabolo records
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 02:34:34 pm »
Well, if it's 'just' for a worldrecord attempt, I guess people would be trying way way shorter string than Axel S, or John. Like just a few centimetres... and try 1d tricks with it. for 2 and 3 it has to be longer than that, but still it can be very very short. The problem is, when do you say someone can 'diabolo' with a string of let's say 20cm? What tricks has that person got to do?

It's a bit of a useless record really :P Though, I'd love to try running 2 diabolos in a 10 meter long string (or longer)! LOL! :P

Sean

• Administrator
diabolo records
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 05:29:17 pm »
What about seeing if we could get the bogleg Juggling Records Database to include some diabolo trick listings? They already include the diabolo in their database of props but there are currrently no trick categories. Might be more productive than reinventing the wheel.

I suppose the other alternative would be to develop a sticky were a mod updates the records at the top as new records are claimed. I would think we would have to limit the records to those with videos... or have an official and non-official version. Or just keep posting in a thread like this for fun... :D

eggy900

diabolo records
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 06:33:58 pm »
excellent idea, go for a sticky i say

Pete

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 07:24:26 am »
Good idea.  I agree with the sticky idea.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

kaspar

Re: diabolo record
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005, 08:26:06 pm »
Who know what is world record in sfan. My record is 20min.

Martijn

diabolo records
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 08:28:49 pm »
Sorry, but I just can't believe that... :? How well-trained do your muscles have to be?? And it only counts if both diabolos are spinning all the time.

Ah well, we'll need a video for the official record anyway :)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 08:45:44 pm »
20 minute sfan?  :shock:  Are you sure? that is exremely long. What kind of diabolos do you use, and axles if they are customized?
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Matt_

• Donator
diabolo records
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005, 09:14:54 pm »
doesnt an S fan give speed? so technically it's infinite. but man, you must have crazy buff arms to sfan for 20 mins :P

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2005, 10:25:04 pm »
Yeah, sfan is pretty much infinite, but I would think your arms would get tired or something.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Pete

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 06:15:36 pm »
That is incredible. Too good to be true as it were. I would definintely need something more official to believe that. I can carry my s-fan around 2 minutes with circuses without corrections (but only because i can't do them) or a customized axel  and i get really tired just from that.

But it is easily infinite with the right axel.

Complete change of subject; if anyone wants to try a really stupid and potentially dangerous record try doing an infinties suicide on a pogo stick or s-fan on a pogo stick (this is much harder as you have to hold the pogo stick between your legs with your knees which is a major challlenge in itself)
I have tried both of these and have got no more than around 5 seconds with the infinite suicide and didn't even get one hop before falling of when trying the s-fan.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

fildas

Re: diabolo record
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 07:33:41 pm »
Quote from: kaspar
Who know what is world record in sfan. My record is 20min.
kaspar,20min...is not real...my opinion...
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
diabolo records
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 08:17:35 pm »
maybe he is counting an s-fan where they stop spinning for a while, and flop around before arighting themselves again and gaining speed before losing it again, I have fun doing this, but it doesn't count in any way.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe