Author Topic: One Diabolo Tutorial - Double Wrap Integral  (Read 6059 times)

Richard

One Diabolo Tutorial - Double Wrap Integral
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:26:58 am »

maxx9r

Re: One Diabolo Tutorial - Double Wrap Integral
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:33:53 am »
suggestion.... i would call it 2x wrap mini genocide :)
SICK WIT IT !!!

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:36:08 pm »
It's a nice tutorial and everything Richard, but there's a few corrections I'd like to make.

First of all, the "reverse catch" is more commonly called a left darkside, and the overall trick would rather be a wrapped mini-genocide with an extra swing. Integrals are classified as a trick where you release both sticks, and only hold the string, this is a wrapped mini-genocide :)

For next time: Do the trick slower and possibly break it up more clearly in the video.

Cheers
-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:48:57 am »
Not darkside. Its almost as lame a name as excalibur.

Richard

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 07:36:17 am »
Thanks for the feedback guys,

I'm pretty crap at the names of tricks - not spending enough time on the forum ;)

Good point about slowing the trick down - My main focus is to teach with these tutorials so good to know if it's not being broken down into steps enough.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 12:40:19 pm »
Not darkside. Its almost as lame a name as excalibur.

I've always hated "excalibur", but what would you call a darkside catch instead? It also used to be called backside a lot.

tyson_11

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 01:52:16 pm »
I think if we can accept names like suicide and genocide, then maybe darkside isn't such a stretch. I think it's best to stick with what we know to avoid confusion.

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »
I think backside is better, it contains atleast some information. Situation, where your diabolo is under the string. Darkside is just silly.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 10:27:23 pm »
I think backside is better, it contains atleast some information. Situation, where your diabolo is under the string. Darkside is just silly.

"The dark side of the moon" makes a lot more sense than the backside of the moon. It provides more information. The dark side of the string is the one you cant see = under the string.

Excalibur on the other hand I still never understood... why did we ever choose that word... who invented that?

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 11:53:45 pm »
"The dark side of the moon" makes a lot more sense than the backside of the moon. It provides more information. The dark side of the string is the one you cant see = under the string.

Excalibur on the other hand I still never understood... why did we ever choose that word... who invented that?

Which is why vertex is so much better, because it MAKES SENSE. Excalibur is a sword, I don't see any resemblance to the sword haha!
And I'd like to know who created that as well!

And This is wrapped Mini Genocide :)

nev

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 12:37:28 am »
Names names... I have an Angry Birds shot named after me - but on this one it's always been a backside or "reverse" catch
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Wis

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 08:41:44 am »
At the beginning (when I first heard darkside) I thought as Aaro, but then I ended up thinking as Tipper. For me any of the names is good enough, although probably darkside is more confusing. The funny fact for me is that in Spain we use the word 'under' many times (at least I did), something like undercatch. It seems quite clear to me. But well, each language has his own ways.
I tend to agree with AznnBoyaZ that this is a wrapped minigenocide, only one stick is released. The special thing is the entrance and that after you make a double minigenocide. So for me this is an entrance variation of the wrapped minig. (if you like this motion I make a similar one in here 2:14, but I do not catch the diabolo in the first turn, Wis - Bits)
PS: I know I promised to send you a tutorial, I expect to do something soon, I finally got the new laptop I was waiting for
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 03:44:49 am »
Thanks Wis,

Any tutorial contributions would be great!

I've been trawling the internet for (good) tutorial videos and I think I'm reaching the end of them - so I'll need to rely on making my own or new ones that are made by you guys.

There's now 200 tutorial videos on diabolotutorials.com :)