Author Topic: Henrys fiberglass/carbon stick problems  (Read 29627 times)

garner

• VotW Contributor
Henrys fiberglass/carbon stick problems
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 07:40:17 pm »
I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Arjan

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2005, 07:44:29 pm »
then tell us.

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 07:46:32 pm »
i have just leant how to fix broken carbon/ fibreglass sticks, w00+.
...i took the grip off one of my many sets of broken sticks and lox and behold it was completely RUBBISH on that bit of stick (where it snapped)...so i got i lil' insulation tape and stuck it on to keep it in line while i put 2 straight bits of metal (from coat hanger) all the way up the stick, taped them tightly at the top, bottom and middle and its no longer bendy...but no grip argh

_Rezi

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 12:29:25 pm »
The easyest solution is. Dont buy it I had one year ago too and had crashed during 3 months.
If you want good sticks just help yourself and create your own sticks. These will be the best. I have instruction how to make sticks, but its not possible for everybody, because there is needed lot of equipments to do. But I am going to set a new instruction how to make sticks in easyer way. Use wood stick, make a hole in fron of it and at the end fix a small alu. tube(to avoid breaking). Make a hole in it and is near finished. I am going to report about it soon with photos

vara

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2005, 12:44:56 pm »
geppo (an italian inventor/juggler) show me some sticks with carbon sticks used for kites...
it was very nice, easy to do and not too expensive... :D
What have we found?
The same old fears,
Wish you were here...

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2005, 08:47:59 pm »
hum I’ve been wondering for a while now what are these? It says something about handsticks but I don’t really get it..

http://www.4erlei.de/4erlei/teflonbuchse.jpg

my guess is that they are replacements for the tips of the sticks? am i wrong?

well if im right how do you get the tips out of the sticks?

JC

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2005, 11:27:20 pm »
He said that it is possible to made your own handsticks.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2005, 09:06:39 am »
Quote from: Ben
well if im right how do you get the tips out of the sticks?
Interesting, I remember seeing these a while ago, but it never really clicked as to what they were.  From the cutaway diagram on the Henry's site here it shows the tips as being snap fittings, which make me think they're a bugger to get out.  They might have been a replacement fit, but then I've never heard of tips coming out of the sticks.  Unlike some sticks... *MB cough*

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JyNo

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2006, 04:05:24 am »
I heard the sound we all that own carbons fear (i mean CRACK!!) a while ago, so long I've managed to keep playing with them (using the almost broken one in my left hand at all time) but it just keep gettin more flexible every day and I'm really worried about it!, I know i'll have to buy some new ones eventually but I want these to last as much they can, i know some of you guys glue the stick back together or something, the problem is that mine is cracked right in the middle of the handle (right under the sponge thing) so I cant reach it or glue it or anything, any ideas?

Martijn

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2006, 09:06:15 am »
Nope, they get more flexible every time, untill they snap. Once broken, they're broken and you can't fix them :(
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

TimEllis

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2006, 03:21:16 pm »
I was practicing my duicide btb catches last night, and suddenly the tip of the came loose.  The endpiece had come off and slid down a good length of the rope.  I tried just putting it back in place, but it came right back out.  I checked the stick over and there is about an inch long crack down the side.  Do you think supergluing the stick back together would work?  or would it just come right back apart next time I drop the sticks?  I was really starting to love how light and easy these sticks are.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

stroevey

Broken Sticks!
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2006, 11:26:26 am »
Im not quite sure bout this guys but just now i was infinite suiciding with my carbon fibres and i heard a slight crack i can still use them but one of them has a sort of flexier/bendier feel in the handle, no problem or problem?
I've only had them a month so if they are broken i dont see much point in buying a new 1 every month
is there anything i can do?
Diabolo, is art.
Art is beautiful
Beautiful is diabolo

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2006, 11:37:59 am »
Yeah you've broken them. If your hard on sticks why don't you go for alus instead?
Behind your back is your front.

stroevey

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2006, 11:43:25 am »
yeh can you get normal henrys alu in different colours?
I'm also thinking the new and improved xtremes but i got no idea where to buy them from
Diabolo, is art.
Art is beautiful
Beautiful is diabolo

Alex

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2006, 05:12:03 pm »
For everyone reading all this and thinking that the sticks break all the time, I have two pairs of carbon sticks (one black one white) and have never had a problem with either of them.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2006, 06:59:14 pm »
Like with any product, it's "caveat Emptor" - let the buyer beware.  For every disatisfied customer, there are several satisfied ones so take everything you read about products with a pinch of salt.

Some say they're great, some say they break.  Fact of the matter is, carbon fibre and fibreglass can both break under stress, so just be careful.

Chiok

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2006, 08:53:08 pm »
also, it just depends on what you do. i know people with CF and fiberglass sticks that have never broken at all.

if you dont do a lot of genocides/suicides/tricks that put a lot of stress on the sticks, you wont break them. my Henry's alum sticks are bananas right now from constant attacks from the ground....even one of my MB Xtreme sticks has a huge bend in it (which i cant bend back...those sticks are pretty bend resistant). i love doing genocides and stuff like that, so you can see where the abuse is from.

je4d

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2006, 09:08:08 am »
I wasn't going to bump this thread, but since someone else did..

I just broke one of my henry's short carbons.. It went all bendy during some rather aggressive chinese whipping :-(
Rather strangely it now bends along one axis but not the other, making it feel really weird when used in your right hand.

Oh well, it gives me an excuse to buy a pair of white ones (-:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2006, 07:39:01 pm »
Quote from: je4d
Rather strangely it now bends along one axis but not the other, making it feel really weird when used in your right hand.

Oh well, it gives me an excuse to buy a pair of white ones (-:
The carbon fibre in the sticks is possibly uni-directional which makes them super strong in one direction, but relatively weak in the other.  Hence it bends in one direction.

Or you've only cracked one side and the other side of the carbon fibre tube is still intact so it kinda pivots along that.  And you don't need to have an excuse to buy new equipment...

Chiok

www.gravityvomit.co.uk

DAMIEN

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2006, 08:15:41 am »
ye i hav had my carbons brake be for and so have my friends when infinite suiciding
GO HARD OR GO HOME DIABOLO FOREVER!
I LOVE 2 DIABOLO'S!