Author Topic: Two Diabolo Tutorial - Whip Acceleration  (Read 2016 times)

Richard

Two Diabolo Tutorial - Whip Acceleration
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:25:15 am »
Been overseas for a while so a bit slack with the tutorials

Wis

Re: Two Diabolo Tutorial - Whip Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:03:29 pm »
I somehow thought you were still in the middle of the desert, I imagined you posting diabolo tutorials from Burning Man festival, and I thought: that is passion with capital P. :)
I very much like the arrows and hte indications for the movements, Very Detailed. I had never heard the name whip acceleration for this. I would include other names, at least in the description box, that may be used by other people. In my case I call this continuous 2d Chinese accelerations. Music is cool as always and the arrows help a lot to understand the movements.
I would have included, after the 1 diabolo part, a part that is just 2 diabolos in a row. So basically, hover 1 diabolo, and jump to the next diabolo (change the wrap a single time) and continue hovering. For me this step is the one that gives more control with 2 diabolos, and most likely a great intermediate step to learn the continuous acceleration.
Thanks again for these massive amount of cool tutorials.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:20:52 pm »
Thanks for the feedback! Really do appreciate it as I want to keep improving with these tutorials :)

Do you mean continuous hovering? Is this is it on another video I made at 0:32?

I hardly touched a computer for 3 weeks but just got back to Melbourne yesterday from Las Vegas (and Burning Man ;) ) so spent about 30 hours in planes and airport lounges (hence why I had the time to process an old video I filmed a couple of months back).

I'll update the description on youtube as you mentioned. I didn't really know what to call this acceleration but I'm working on another 2d acceleration video now which will be ready in a few days which I'm calling "Chinese acceleration" where one diabolo sits on the string near the left hand and the other one is wrapped around the right string and gets whipped up/down or left/right like regular chinese acceleration with 1d.

Rich

Wis

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:40 pm »
Yes, that's the one.
If you spent your airport time editing diabolo videos, I would say that is Passion with capital P.
Now that you speak of that acceleration I think that the name I chose may lack something. I think in diabology they got a name... continuous wrap acceleration? Haha now I have no idea which additional names should be in the description box  :)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

The Void

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 09:52:56 pm »
Wis, the old school name for Chinese Acceleration is Chinese Whipping. :-)
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Richard

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 10:09:42 pm »
thanks Wis - yes, I LOVE making videos that will help people learn diabolo :)