Author Topic: Choosing new equipment  (Read 3057 times)

Jackmanhattan

Choosing new equipment
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:16:38 pm »
Howdy!

I apologise if this doesn't interest you, but I started diaboloing about two months ago, and am ready to graduate from my 4" brandless diabolo to something a little more proffesional. New sticks are also on the list. My problem is, I have little idea what to get.

Having researched on the net, and talked to my diabolist friend at school I have narrowed my choices down to a Henry Circus, or a Mr Babache Jumbo Harlequin. For sticks I'm thinking of 410mm carbon fibre from Mr Babache.

What would you get? Any input/additional suggestions is gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,
Manhattan

Sean

• Administrator
Choosing new equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:28:18 pm »
Well for starters, most of the advice I (and I think many others) would offer is summed up at the start of the equipment sticky.

There are also quite a few threads listed there that might be of use to have a read through.

I would probably stay away from the Harlequin if you want to graduate to "something a little more professional". Go with one of the big 3: henrys circus, MB finesse, or yoho/diabig jumbo.

Sticks are much more of a personal choice. Have a long read through the forum for more opinions on sticks than you'll ever need or want! The Henrys carbon fibre, fiberglass, and aluminum and the MB Xtreme (but wait for the next version to hit stores) are all quality sticks. Most people go for the shorter of the two lengths of carbon fiber or fiberglass... but that's just preference again. I presume the carbon sticks you're talking about are actually the Henrys ones. I don't think MB is making carbon sticks right now.

Anyway, there are my thoughts. Welcome.

DAMIEN

Choosing new equipment
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 05:04:51 am »
:D i think the mb finnesse diabolo are a good choice and the mb carbon sticks in short are a good choice  i hope this helps u a little
GO HARD OR GO HOME DIABOLO FOREVER!
I LOVE 2 DIABOLO'S!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Choosing new equipment
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:07:53 am »
Quote from: DAMIEN
:D i think the mb finnesse diabolo are a good choice and the mb carbon sticks in short are a good choice  i hope this helps u a little

MB don't do carbon fibre sticks. Henry's do.
Behind your back is your front.

DAMIEN

Choosing new equipment
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 12:46:43 pm »
:D sorry i got mixed up
GO HARD OR GO HOME DIABOLO FOREVER!
I LOVE 2 DIABOLO'S!

wooftang

Choosing new equipment
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 05:30:50 pm »
ive been in the same situation as you i would reckomend henrys short carbons (they are amazing) and a babache finesse with evo kit 1 (finger axle)

tom
finger grinds are some fun ****

hammerhead

Choosing new equipment
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 06:27:01 pm »
Quote from: DAMIEN
:D sorry i got mixed up

*sighs and looks for new avatar* :)
edit: i would go with henrys long carbon fibres and a finesse, that was my first good set of equipment and i learned loads on it.
if you want to pay a coupla extra quid though i would say a circus and teflon hubs is definitely worth it