Author Topic: How do you carry your diabolos around?  (Read 15495 times)

Chiok

• Donator
How do you carry your diabolos around?
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:53:04 pm »
I've been trying to think of ways to carry around all my juggling equipment in the most functional and most protective way possible and wondered how other people carted theirs around?  I used to have a case that I made to hold every piece of kit I had, but was almost the size of my desk and unliftable when loaded.

I've had a lil look around, and these are the standard holdals,
The Mister Babache Diabolo Bag
The Spintastics Diabolo Sling

I've been trying to think of a way of having something like this but more diabolo related instead of loads of clubs.  All these bags are nice, but what happens when you want to carry more than 2 around?  Which I guess many people do.  Just wondered what suggestions people had, and an Asda carrier bag isn't really sufficient enough unfortunately...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Malibu Fatz

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 01:30:13 pm »
I have a MB diabolo bag, and like it a lot.  It fits both Harlequin and Finness diabolos, but is more snug with the finness due to it's larger diameter.  I have tried really hard to find items that would allow me to carry more than 2, and provide more protection.  I have found 6-inch  PVC pipe to be a good option, but it is only available in long lengths (10 feet) which is pretty pricey when you only need 2 feet to carry 4 diabolos.  If I do break down and buy some PVC, I plan to make a fabric sleeve to zip it into taht would allow the addition of a strap.  I hope this is helpful.
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
--W. B. Yeats

looby

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 01:33:33 pm »
I had a look in my local skate shop for a small backpack and came across a Billabong one for £9.95, bargain! If you want to carry 3 it's a comfortable fit with space leftover for some lunch :wink:

In my opinion the babache and spintastic bags are a bit overpriced for what they are when you can find a small backpack for £10 which can be used for other purposes too.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 02:52:22 pm »
Wait till you see the Chris Garcia(my) diabolo sling/carrying method. Its like my backpack was customized for it or something... Ill need to get a picture though.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 04:31:41 pm »
It depends where I am going, usualy a small backpack will do but sometimes I just put 1 diabolo on a string and just wrap my other one in the string.
Behind your back is your front.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 04:38:53 pm »
I want some sort of diabolo carry bag that is specifically made for diabolos.  At the moment i use an old drawstring bag but things only just fit. I need something that will take 3 diabolos and there aren't any diabolo carry bags on sale that take that many.
Tony had a case in his video in diabology, but you don't see much of the inside. And in his model pictures on his website he has another case that looks suspiciously like it is made to carry diabolos.
I would prefer something  a bit more conventient than a case like Tony's. Like the carrry bags already out but bigger.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 04:47:57 pm »
I know some people custom-make yoyo cases maybe you could try something like that?

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 06:57:50 pm »
just a normal backpack  :?

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 07:02:54 pm »
Yoyos however are remarkably (well, maybe not that remarkable) small compared to a diabolo.  Though the ExtremeSpin backpack was quite nifty with the foam that had the stars cut out of it which would hold a yoyo in place.

I like the idea that Malibu Fatz had of the 6in PVC tubing with a cloth outer.  That'd hold as many diabolos as you'd like and be half comfortable to carry on your back.  The sling type that I was thinking of would have the diabolos nudging you in the back.  Tony Frebourg's seems to be a sheet metal formation out of bearclaw steel which looks nifty, but doesn't seem very practical.  Guess it's more for his stage thing.

Ideally I want something that will hold 4 diabolos and sticks, 5 rings, several balls and maybe a place to put a bottle of Dr. Pepper.  And then maybe a way to hold some clubs too.  The Mister Babache super pack seemed like a good idea the way you could attach the diabolo pack and the other things to it or carry them seperately when you didn't need it all.

Will have to keep thinking about it...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 07:07:35 pm »
Chiok-A trailer perhaps?

eggy900

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 07:45:59 pm »
i do like the look of the MB bags but at the moment i bung all three diabs in a rucksack with all my othe stuff

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 07:53:56 pm »
Quote from: Dracodragon
Wait till you see the Chris Garcia(my) diabolo sling/carrying method. Its like my backpack was customized for it or something... Ill need to get a picture though.

i find that pretty hilarious to be honest :p

i carry a few diabolos (4 G2s and 2 or 3 circuses) not to mention a bunch of handsticks and 15 juggling balls, so i just use a small duffel bag. gotta pack the diabolos in there, but they fit.

one day ill get the huge matt hall style big red bag that holds diabolos, clubs, boxes, balls, and other hidden secrets...but for now just that tiny green bag.

fredo

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 09:31:05 pm »
I can highly recomäend the MB Bag, it's very useful for taking it at school :D . You can strap the two buckles on the two hooks of e.g. an eastpak; that works very well...

Mine is of the old generation, so the sticks are a bit longer than the pack, but it isn't so bad :lol: ...

seán_

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 11:08:33 pm »
fire them into a bag seems to do me stacked like Matt_s bag.  I'm using a cycle messenger bag at the moment but I used a record bag recentlly that just had enough room for 3 diabolos, few sets of sticks, string and 5 balls

Azrelle from glasgow has a great bag for her props, I think she said it was a mountainbike mechanics bag (maybe motocross) a roomy bag with loads of compartment/pockets and loops inside meant for tools but usefull for juggly bits and bobs.

BlueNovember

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 06:11:55 pm »
Anyone know where to get the "Diabolo sling" mentioned earlier? Looks pretty good.

frank0072

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 07:20:54 pm »
I think that slingthing looks pretty gay...

my 2 Circus + handsticks fit inside my Eastpack, with all my schoolstuff with it. When it doesn't fit I just have them hanging outside of my bag, with the sticks in the bag so they can't fall.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Scooby

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 04:06:51 pm »
I have just recently go my mother to make me a 3 diabolo bag.
it helps when you mom is a seemstress....

i hope u guys like it..  i do.  it is made with an extra inch so i can fit 5 balls in there..    it also carrys three clubs and 7 balls (without the diabolos in there of course.    it fits most types of diabolo (finesse, henrys, harlequin, yoho. ect)   all with 3 in perfectly..  if there is enough interest in them i could probably get some made..    ill look at some prices .
it can hold 2 pairs of handsticks.  

ill shall get so pictures of it soon, i just lost my camera (/dies)
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 05:33:30 pm »
I managed to get a good backpack style juggling bag from a walking/outdoor shop, i actually took the stuff that i wanted to carry in the bag with me, and then the very helpful man got the bags that i liked the look of, and i put all my stuff in them, and choose the one that best suited my needs and kit. So you could always try that... :D

Matt

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 04:33:57 am »
Here is how I carry my diabolos around most of the time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Dracodragon/carrydiabolos.png

The backpack is so awesome :D
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

je4d

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 08:30:21 am »
I got a MB diabolo bag for xmas.. It'll hold 2 circuses/finesses easily, or 3 circuses if you persuade them in sideways. Also has 2 stick holders on the outside (no string tangles :-)) and has a smaller pouch on one end that I keep string, soap, emery cloth, scissors, lightkits (and the other usual stuff) in.