Author Topic: How do you carry your diabolos around?  (Read 15512 times)

rudy

How do you carry your diabolos around?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:49 pm »
i just wrap all my diabolo's in 1 string and carrie them on my sholder (diabs on my back)
its better to burn out than to fade away

Mithew

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 06:07:38 pm »
Quote from: Matt_

are you ever worried that the light kits will break in the bag if it gets jostled around?
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 06:36:57 am »
Quote from: Mithew
are you ever worried that the light kits will break in the bag if it gets jostled around?

nope, i dont foresee a problem. they are supposed to handle drops and such, right?

in other news..i lost one of the washers for that. i dont know what to do, i cant properly stick that side on :/

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 04:09:28 pm »
I lost one of the washers and it doesn't seem a problem Just put it on without it.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 04:53:35 pm »
I recently got myself a rolabola, two of my diabolos fit perfectly inside the rola part :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 05:12:51 pm »
Quote from: Pete
I lost one of the washers and it doesn't seem a problem Just put it on without it.

i tried, the side without the washer wouldnt screw on. i attached it with just one screw.

Mithew

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 01:16:32 am »
i lost a washer for one of the screws, and i tried not using either washer, it seemed to attach fine.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 03:59:44 am »
i tried it just using one washer, and the other one wouldnt even go in actually. im afraid to do it washerless, i dont want the shock of drops to kill it

Mike247

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 08:25:28 am »
I just put my 2 finesses into my backpack. Or if im not going far then just wrapped on the string.
I am a Port Pirate

jammy

backpack!
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 06:27:53 pm »
i take my 2circus with me ever where i go.in my backpack!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

frank0072

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 07:57:53 pm »
Quote from: je4d
I got a MB diabolo bag for xmas.. It'll hold 2 circuses/finesses easily, or 3 circuses if you persuade them in sideways. Also has 2 stick holders on the outside (no string tangles :-)) and has a smaller pouch on one end that I keep string, soap, emery cloth, scissors, lightkits (and the other usual stuff) in.

what would you need soap for?
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 08:15:55 pm »
Probably for rubbing on Henrys string to make it more "grippy" as it is very slippy when you first buy it.
Behind your back is your front.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 08:22:06 pm »
I saw at a MB store a bag that is exactly the same as the 2 diabolo one but you can fit 4 finesses in it ;)
I'll try to get a photo

mitchelljuggles

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 12:09:30 pm »
I love the way i can just throw my diabolos into my backpack and off i go!
I have a pair of skate pants and work pants that have a Diabolo string pocket! Kinda like how kids in comics are depicted with slingshots but the pocket is on the side, thinner than a cargo pocket, but deeper than a normal pocket.

Mitchell   8)

milka

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 12:51:27 pm »
Eastpack standard : 3 diabs and sticks, a good load of balls, socks, too small for clubs though :/

Malibu Fatz

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 08:49:44 pm »
OK, I think I found another possible option for carrying your stuff.  I was at a local sporting goods store wasting time and wandering about, when I stumbled across a bag made for baseball players.  Made by NIKE and costing about $24.  I didn't have my stuff with me to give it a try, but it looks like you could easily store 3 or 4 diabs, 3 or more clubs, plenty of balls, and possibly some devil sticks.  The bag is long to accommodate baseball bats, this making room for clubs and such.  It is also bigger at the bottom than at the top, so you can put your shoes and mit in there as well.  I hope to buy one soon!  I hope this makes sense.  Randy
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
--W. B. Yeats

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 09:40:51 pm »
yeah, i was actually gonna use my baseball bag (from high school) but heh, it's pretty dirty from lugging it to lots of practices and keeping my dirty crap in there. but yeah, i've been thinking of getting a new bag like that, with pockets and whatnot. i hate having all my props mixing it up in one pocket...

Mithew

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2006, 10:06:39 pm »
what i'm wondering is do most people use carry bags designed specifically for diabolos, or other carry bags that happen to work (so far it looks like more people don't get diabolo specific bags.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 01:32:40 am »
most people dont get diabolo specific bags because first of all, they are way expensive, and secondly, most people do other props besides diabolo.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006, 09:34:25 am »
Quote from: Matt_
but yeah, i've been thinking of getting a new bag like that, with pockets and whatnot. i hate having all my props mixing it up in one pocket...
See, this is my issue.  I have a holdall that will hold most of the equipment I like to use and I fill it when I do workshops and stuff.  But the fact that it's all sorts of props from balls, rings, diabolos, yoyos etc, they all jostle together and never stay together as you packed the bag making it funny shapes and hard to carry.  Especially with yoyo strings, diabolo string and handsticks, they love to mix it up.

I always think I'll make a bag, but I know the canvas nylon and stuff is gonna cost more than I want to pay for it...  Firetoys seem to have some new bags on their site that I've not seen before.  Look similar to the MB ones though.

Chiok
(still carrying them around in the side pocket)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills