Author Topic: Brace yourselves, FDC2015 is coming 14. -16.8.2015!  (Read 12488 times)

Icebox

Re: Brace yourselves, FDC2015 is coming 14. -16.8.2015!
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 07:47:57 pm »

Wis

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 04:11:53 pm »
Hehehehe, nice!
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »
And as the Danes needed to cancel the Nordic juggling Convention 2015 the FDC-crew adopted the NJC to be part of FDC-festival's tent anniversary. So now the FDC2015 is called FDCNJC2K15-festival and the line up is just getting out of hands. We have the diaboloplayers like:
Hayato Watanabe (JPN),
Alex Grums (FR),
Arthur Hyam (UK)
Aaro Kontio
Marko Akkanen
Joona Muistola
Arvi Yrjölä
Viljami Erkkilä

And then we have jugglers like:
Onni Toivonen
Lauri Koskinen
Olli Vuorinen
Miika Nuutinen
Rauli Katajavuori

and then we have superb stand up comedian Heikki Multanen doing a set at  Friday night on a Eräjärvi Pier!

and even that isn't enough but we have one and only 8-bit music master OJJ! playing gig at the sauna and being DJ at the trickjam and then we even got something just as a surprise for the people coming but I tell you that this is the festival you'll regret missing.

and as you have seen even at least one German really loves our festival. ;)

www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2015, 12:15:00 pm »
How about doing the HLGCBS stands for FDC2015
(High, Low, Goal, Crush, Bane, Surprise and is a traditional post-convention game/review format)

Here is the my version of the truth for FDC2015.
First I must thank everybody who participated and made this event possible. It was just cosmic. I really suggest everyone to join us at FDC, words can't really describe the event.

Here's my  HLGCBS

highlights
- THE FDCNJC2K15 Gala-show, the whole lineup was amazing and did superb job. Performers really pulled of the most unique and difficult feats with grace and style. This really was special. Great stage with good stage lighting and really good sound technician. This Gala really was amazing! I believe this was also first time that there was an intermission during the gala-show. 15 acts!!!

- Food!

- Perseids + Aurora borealis while floating in the lake after sauna

lowlight
For some reason I didn't do enough diabolo. Way too busy with organizing things

goal
My goal was to attend all the workshops but I only managed to join Hayato's workshop. Got really nice new ideas for my diabolo play. Really good!

crush
Hayato Watanabe with his style and the touch with diabolo, There's no other player like him. Just loving it all the way.
Heikki Multanen doing a stand-up set after Diabolo mod contest. This was really awesome like the mod contest itself.

bane
Lack of sleep + Nazi Janitor!!! Luckily he was away during the event but he was really pain in the head and ass on a last days before the event.

biggest surprise of your festival
We got so many visitors from abroad that it was amazing. Thinking that we had people from 4 different continents (Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia) at Eräjärvi (village of 800 people) We really had amazing 10th anniversary for FDC!

Cheers to you all and see you again next year.

Richard

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2015, 01:17:07 pm »
Thanks Samuli!!!

This was the first FDC I attended and it definitely won't be the last!!!

Here's my HLGCBS

Highlights:
1. Friday night mash-up where anyone could get on stage and do their favourite tricks - was REALLY relaxed and fun
2. The people really made it - there were about 30 of some of the best diaboloists going around. Also, more importantly the atmosphere was really CHILLED :)
3. Getting chauffeured to/from the site - thanks Samuli and Harry.
4. Location - seriously in the middle of nowhere but stunningly beautiful town by a lake
5. Aurora boralis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Food - 10EUR for home-cooked food all weekend. <sigh>
7. Getting 8.5-9 hours sleep each night in my tent - so quiet in the Finnish countryside

Lowlight:
The FDC only going 3 days :(

Goal:
2 high/siteswap workshop, improve my 3 high, meet some awesome diaboloists from around the world - tick

Crush:
Seeing 5 different diaboloists doing 3 high without even trying!! ;)

Bane:
400m vertax sprint on one lung

Biggest surprise of the festival:
11 year old Finnish kid doing 3 low and 3 high and then telling me Tyson Grant is one of his heroes :)

Thanks again Samuli - also, I want to give another plug for the FDC. This was my favourite juggling convention I've been to. I highly recommend other diaboloists start planning to go next year

Rich

PS. Sorry for leaving my rubbish bag in your car - only realised as you were driving off.

PPS. Would love to get the contact details of the guys that attended the FDC - I'm on the Facebook group but I can only see my own friends that have liked the page - if you attended, could you swing me an email rclement74@gmail.com or personal message

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 06:09:42 pm »
Just a bump and a notice that FDC2015 trickjam videos probably start dropping in soon. Somebody stole some data from my computer so I wouldn't be surprised if someone would leak few first minutes of FDC2015 trickjam quite soon. Damn.

But while we wait this juggleleak to happen please keep you HLGCBS-posts coming.

Cheers,
R

Graham Milligan

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 12:45:25 pm »
Hey Folks, completely missed this!
Here's my  HLGCBS

highlights
- Everything, everything was a highlight for me. Trick jam, beers, gala show, beers, sauna, rum, rap battle, northern lights, lake, diabolo mod,getting lifted to and from the bus station, stand up comedian, home made food, meeting all the friendly faces that i only know over the forum and Hayato's laugh. It would be easier to mention the things i didnt like. Big respect to everyone who made this happen

lowlight
 was only 3 days and missing the diabolothon =[

goal
learn something, be inspired, teach something.

crush
Henri - Was just walking around the hall the whole weekend and every time he walked up to me he had a brand new absolutely ridiculously cool fresh trick to show me! so much respect for this dude.

bane
Having to leave Finland so early, next time I will need to make sure I stay for a good few days beforehand and afterwards!

biggest surprise of your festival
I say this alot, but it always surprises me just how incredibly nice and easy to get on with everyone at a circus festival is and FDC was certainly no exception, i really enjoyed hanging out with everyone. you are all amazing and hilarious people!

G =]
Some Craic!