Author Topic: How will the wjf hold a diabolo competition?  (Read 4085 times)

Nathan

How will the wjf hold a diabolo competition?
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:09:46 am »
Out of curiosity, what will the wjf do if there aren't enough diabolo competitors? I don't think Ryo Yabe will be too happy if he comes in first and last place.

They don't have much time left to solicit competitors...

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:51:55 am »
norbi is going to be there so ryo, don't worry :D  Also Jacob Sharpe, really you can place at this competition!  Your going so you should participate in the competition!  I would if I went ...

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 07:58:06 am »
humm i wasnt able to goto wjf last year did norbi also do diabolo or just rings? or am i all wrong? i cant figure anything out from the wjf website..

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:05:43 pm »
Last year Norbi only did diabolo. This year he'll be doing rings intermediate and diabolo.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 06:47:25 pm »
In answer to the question "How will the wjf hold a diabolo competition?"-with great difficulty.
Behind your back is your front.

Nathan

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 10:44:27 pm »
I didn't realize that norbi is competing in diabolo this year as well as rings.

(sorry norbi)

My point still stands: The competitors screen has a ton of jugglers, so there will be rich competition. But with only two diaboloists competing, It isn't really a true competiton.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 10:52:56 pm »
I don't think the so called "Auxillary Props" competitions are really held as seriously as the toss juggling ones.  There were only 2 competitiors in the Box comp last year, the Cigar Box forum must have been livid at the lack of competitors.

I'm sure there will be quite a few super diaboloists attending this year, possibly not on this forum, but they may be around and they might feel like having a shot at competing at the time.  Next year though (well, 2007) it's coming to the UK, so we're all gonna be there... [1]  How it's all gonna work this year without the talent and people of last year, I'm not really sure...

Chiok
[1] - although some reason will probably occur that means I won't be able to get to Nottingham.
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 01:32:19 am »
I'm not competing, b/c I can't be there the whole time, we're just going for saturday thru monday. and even if there isn't a huge amount of sick french guys (oh that there were), it will still rock; fritz grobe and ryo yabe are more than enough to make up for any other lackings (i.e. fritz's awesome coolness/general knowledge of everything juggling/performing and Yabe's skillz).
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 02:24:48 pm »
Quote from: Sharpes
fritz grobe and ryo yabe are more than enough to make up for any other lackings

Except that Fritz unfortunately won't be there.
http://tinyurl.com/aomtw

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 07:50:07 pm »
I don't know why any of the previaous years competitor aren't competing this year. I guess they haven't made enough progress since last year to make a good new performance. Ayone else got any ideas why there are so few this year.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 08:03:04 pm »
The other competitors where Matt Hall and some of the MFP. Matt explained his reasoning here:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12229#12229

As for the MFP guys - I highly doubt it has anything to do with not having enough new material. I'm sure they have their reasons... and we should let them speak for themselves.

seán_

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 01:51:45 am »
never mind how, does anybody know how long you get to perform, I'm trying to sort out some music for a competitor and the rules say you need permission but is scarce on timings for non toss juggling.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 02:14:46 am »
aha, fritz will be there, because he emailed me on november 30th, and told me that hadn't been planning on it, but his conflict dissapeared, so now he can! which is good.

Hi Jacob -

Sorry you couldn't make it to the weekend workshop. It was a blast, and it's about time to start thinking about doing it again. If you're interested, I'll check with you early on to try to find a time when you can make it.

Are you going to WJF? Are you competing? It looked as if I wouldn't be able to go, but now I'm back on. I'll fly to Indiana to visit Steve Ragatz for a few days and then head on to Vegas. I'll hope to see you there.

Fritz
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 02:25:23 am »
you sure have your conections :D  You're getting famous!  *cough compete cough*  maybe next year?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 10:34:22 am »
'4 mins max' is the limit