Author Topic: diabolo chat  (Read 11137 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« on: December 03, 2005, 06:11:46 pm »
If anyone on the forum is interested in chatting to someone who diabolos I am hosting a chat room on a p2p filesharing software called ares it is available from http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/ . If you already have it installed on your pc then scroll down the list on the chat section and look for it there. It should be listed under diabolo chat. Hopefully someone on here will be interested.

Hope to see you on there soon,

Leo

P.s It isn't just to talk about diabolos. Its just to talk to other people who diabolo so talk about anything you want.-just try to keep it clean :wink:
Behind your back is your front.

Spooned

diabolo chat
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 06:39:31 pm »
That link does not exist  :?. Any ideas as to why?

Edit: is it this?
Diabolo or Diablo

Rîkû

diabolo chat
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 06:40:01 pm »
That doesn´t work on my PC... I don´t know why. :cry:

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 06:43:38 pm »
Ok fixed the link. I don't know why it wasn't working.

Sorry about that.

James

diabolo chat
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 09:02:21 pm »
Wouldn't it be more convinient just to use IRC?
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 11:51:10 pm »
Maybe but I have no experience of IRC and this is quite straightforward to do nad easy to maintain. No hits yet though :cry:  so maybe IRC is the way forward.

Matt_

• Donator
diabolo chat
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 12:22:48 am »
IRC is great. i'm on efnet all the time so i could be in there all the time. or you could choose a more "advanced" network with chanserv and whatnot...

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 02:38:29 am »
why don't we just use msn messenger?  it's simple and like everyone has it.  It's simple to get.  just pm me if you wanna chat about diabolo.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 02:50:25 am »
Or aim oe something. There is always the freewebs chat (which kinda sucks, but gets the job done) if all else fails.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Matt_

• Donator
diabolo chat
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 06:36:18 am »
well guys i think the point was a chat that you can freely join, etc...which IRC does very well. its always established and its group, as opposed to aim/msn which are one on one (most of the time)

James

diabolo chat
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 08:44:51 am »
Yeah, MSN Messenger really isn't suited to chat rooms.  If someone wanted to join the diabolo chat you'd have to invite them into the conversation, instead of just telling them the name of the chat room so they can join whenever they want.
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Valium

• Donator
diabolo chat
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 03:05:14 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
well guys i think the point was a chat that you can freely join, etc...which IRC does very well. its always established and its group, as opposed to aim/msn which are one on one (most of the time)

yeah irc is great for group chating

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 03:55:22 pm »
Does anyone here have enough experience of IRC to make a diabolo chat room? I don't use it very much so I have little knowledge about creating a diabolo chat thing. To be honest I can't be bothered learning how to either. So it won't be me who will set it up. Maybe someone else can try?

g0t

diabolo chat
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 05:35:07 pm »
Yea I do

I work alot with mIRC (due to gaming etc)
Tell me if u want explanation bout the chan etc  :D  I can help u make it :)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 06:00:28 pm »
I don't think I will be helping make the chat room or maintaining it in anyway as I simply don't have the time. Maybe someone else will be interested g0t.

Ben

• VotW Contributor
diabolo chat
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 01:32:42 am »
yeah lets get an irc chat up that would be cool

Valium

• Donator
diabolo chat
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 02:19:30 pm »
Quote from: g0t
Yea I do

I work alot with mIRC (due to gaming etc)
Tell me if u want explanation bout the chan etc  :D  I can help u make it :)

yeah an explanation would be fine

g0t

diabolo chat
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 03:21:35 pm »
k here it goes: first download mIRC; www.mirc.org install etc... then open it.
Fill in your personal stuff like name and the nickname u want to have... then we have to select a server. I use quakenet server because its mostly gaming talk there but we can pick another one if we refer to another one... but after filling in the personal stuff, just connect with the icon left above in ur screen (the lightning thingies) then press /j or /join #<channelname>  like         /join #diabolo.ca. Now a channel will be made and u will be the only dude in it (for that time). You will have an @ before ur name like: @g0t. This means ur an operator in that channel. If u have got @ u can kick/ban/invite people in/out your channel, and much more. Now we need to get Lbot. This is a bot that always stays in the channel so it doesnt die. It also can grant people auto-op. So you can leave ur channel without taking the risk u cant get Op anymore. There are lots of options but i will explain them and make the channel if enough people are willing to help or chat  :P tell me who is in for it :)

Btw for the people that dont know mirc really. Its a multichat program u can join channels where ppl are and talk in public, u can also PM people and talk private with them. A DCC send is built in mIRC.

greets Pieter

Valium

• Donator
diabolo chat
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 03:33:23 pm »
quakenet is nice, I use that too  8)

Rîkû

diabolo chat
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 04:01:26 pm »
How I can do server?