Author Topic: The Best of Circusplanet 2005  (Read 17929 times)

Martijn

The Best of Circusplanet 2005
« on: December 04, 2005, 12:04:52 am »
Hello everybody!

Circusplanet is a crew of 5 good friends which manage to take care of a Dutch/Belgian website  (www.circusplanet.net) about juggling, diabolo, devilstick, ballspinning, unicycle and balance. Each one has his own favourite prop. This year, we made a video together called 'The Best of Circusplanet 2005'.

I (Martijn) edited the video, with the help of my friend Pieter Jansen (aka g0t). We used the programm Sony Vegas 6, and compressed the avi file with the DivX 6 codec (Go to www.divx.com if you don't have the newest player yet).

So sit back, relax and enjoy our video! We'd love to read your comments, cause we put a lot of work in it!

Direct download
http://circusplanet.net/video/circusplanet2005.avi (97 MB)

Streaming

Juggling.tv - The Best of Circusplanet 2005
http://juggletube.com/mediadetails.php?key=dc5d013b1abaebd2faed
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 12:14:03 am »
very nice tijn, and nice editing too.
Behind your back is your front.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 12:26:58 am »
Nice work!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:49:11 am »
loved it!  It was great!  The angles of the video camera was really cool and none of the stuff was repetitive.  Great choice of music too!  Hope my next vid is half as good XD

Punkerpanda

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 01:04:10 am »
I loved it!
the editing was amazing. what program did you use?

that video represented so well how awesome you guys are, bravo!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 02:35:38 am »
Martijn: We used the programm Sony Vegas 6, and compressed the avi file with the DivX 6 codec

nice to know you read that post so throughly  :)

Punkerpanda

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 03:45:35 am »
oops, hehe. i was too obsessed that circusplanet released a new video to read the post. my bad, sorry

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 06:35:34 am »
great video with impressive content, it looks great (using Divx...i could only love you more if it were xvid), and the music sucks :P

as always martijn, i have no idea how to say your name, but that doesn't stop me from being impressed. you're a great diabolist, i look forward to the next video already ;)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 06:56:41 am »
K, well it took me about 2 hours to download, but I finally was able to watch it. And it was great! Awesome job at making this, you all have some great skills Circusplanet crew. I think it is one of the best videos I watched that was released this year(although there were some other aweome videos here)
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

fredo

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 10:17:35 am »
Respect!!! One of the best vids i've ever seen!!! :shock:

Respect to all jugglers!!! Especially to that devilstick man!!!

And very nice editing :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 11:04:13 am »
Well that was awesome. Really nice use of camera angles, locations, edits, music, tricks, everything! Just a great video.

Highlights for me included
-the opening credits (the black and white, with names. coool)
-the 2 6 ball flash shadows
-the reversed double ball spin clip (you had me confused at first [although only for about a second])
-Janklaas's stupid balance of everything put together
-i really liked how you timed the 'ready, steady, go!' after the credits. I think very few people would have had the idea, or patience, to do that.
-and strangly i really liked the empty swing at the end, that was genious.

As you can see, it appears my highlights were mainly editing things (which is good, because i think that is what makes a good video) but ofcourse i loved all the tricks aswell, very cool.

I dunno what more to say, just a brilliant vid.

James

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 12:23:19 pm »
I downloaded the high quality version and the DivX player just to view it, but for some reason no matter what I try it always goes back to the beginning at 8:27.  I tried restarting, dragging the bar past etc., but it never lets me get past.  Anyone know why?

But the bit i saw was great  :D
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 01:04:06 pm »
Thanks you guys! Really appreciated, great to read your comments (especially Norbi's :))

I found DivX 6 a bit better than XviD Matt, are you having trouble with DivX? It's 'Mart-ain' pronounced in English btw :P

Quote from: James
I downloaded the high quality version and the DivX player just to view it, but for some reason no matter what I try it always goes back to the beginning at 8:27.  I tried restarting, dragging the bar past etc., but it never lets me get past.  Anyone know why?

No I'm sorry but I don't know. :( Maybe something went wrong while downloading. Feel free to download again, and see if it works. If not, try the mpg version...

Thanks again!

fredo

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 01:43:10 pm »
yeah norbi is right, there are bettere jugglers, of course, but it's one of my favourite vids now, due to the editing!!!

I know it's kinda sadistic, but never laughed so much as about that devilstick drop in the end :lol:  sry guy if you read this...

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 02:00:05 pm »
Ah no problem man, we also were laughing a lot, and screaming: blooper!! :P I was the one who threw the devilstick by the way... :P We had lots of fun shooting all of this!

eggy900

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 02:18:23 pm »
very nice video, good stuff!!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 02:21:35 pm »
I really loved watching it. Great work! Thanks Martijn and the rest of the CP team. It's great. :D

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 03:03:45 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I found DivX 6 a bit better than XviD Matt, are you having trouble with DivX?
Well, previously (with DivX 5 versions at least) XviD was considered to have better compression... and best of all XviD is open source. But from what I've read, DivX 6 is a big step up, so it might very well be better than XviD right now, and as you've done, the most important part to getting good compression is trial and error. Open source still has a nice feeling to it though.

Anyway...

Great video! Behold the power of non-Windows Movie Maker editing!! Excellent editing (that must have taken ages to work out!), some quality video shots, along with some highly technical and creative juggling. A pleasure to watch!

Sean

seán_

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 03:19:39 pm »
Thanks Martijn, I enjoyed watching that. Very well edited and great to see multiprops.

RoB

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 03:29:09 pm »
Thanks for the comments everybody. We had fun making this video. Martijn and also Pieter did a great editting job.

I know it's kinda sadistic, but never laughed so much as about that devilstick drop in the end  sry guy if you read this...

LOL, no problem. They say that laughing is healthy. I guess you meant the backroll with the devilstick. That, in fact, is not healthy.  :P